[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was I dreaming lucid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1426545790620.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426545790620.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
If there are any lucid dreamers here, I'd like to ask if I was dreaming lucid the other night. I will describe the dream at the point where it happened, as good as I remember anyway, and I'd like some input on it.

So I had just woken up and gotten out of a bed at work (which was in the middle of a garage for some reason, but hey, dreams) after taking a nap, and I got back to work. I was still working as a cook as I do in real life, and one of my colleagues was there too. We exchanged a sentence or two, and I noticed in the dream that his voice was sounding funny. I thought to myself "why does his voice sound so funny?", and I think that's when it hit me that I might be dreaming, and that I in that case was lucid dreaming because I realized I was dreaming.

So I decided to try to influence the dream, by thinking of doing specific gestures or actions. Things I remember doing is moving my hand in front of my face, unzipping my trousers, and trying to evoke an erection (I'm a very sexual person, so I wanted to see what I could do). Now, all the while doing these things, I felt that I struggled to stay asleep and dreaming, as you may do when you want to sleep in and don't wake up early, but then fail and wake up anyway. I stayed asleep for a moment or two after feeling that, but then I woke up a bit later and got back to work.

And that's when the twist happened. When I woke up from the "lucid" dream, I was still asleep and dreaming normally, and I didn't realize that was a dream until I actually woke up a bit later. So I went from being aware I was dreaming, to dreaming normally, to waking up.

So with that said, was I actually dreaming lucid, or did I dream that I was dreaming lucid? And to expand on the topic, how close could I be to getting the hang of lucid dreaming? The idea is really cool, so I'd like to try it for real.

Sorry if it sounds convoluted, can't really do a tl;dr here.
>>
Yes, that's a lucid dream. I've experienced similar things a few times, never managed to sustain the lucidity for long. I basically always just start fucking the first girl I can see lol
>>
>>18275787
Yeah this. Once you realize it, it's harder and harder to stay asleep, so I always try to find something to fuck. I might try to fly next time.
Also, for how to do it, iirc Wikihow explains it pretty well.
>>
>>18275787
>>18275830
So for both of you, it just happens occasionally? What are your tells for the dream being lucid, do you just know somehow you're dreaming when it happens?

For me, the strange part was that I went from lucid to non-lucid before waking up, Like I said, it felt more that I dreamt that I dreamt lucid, and that I wasn't actually lucid, which was really strange.
>>
>>18275848
Yeah, it's been a few years tho. I dream and something makes me realize that it's just a dream. Then I try my hardest not to open my eyes, but it's almost impossible.

As for the weird part, I've already dreamt that I woke up, but never from a lucid dream.
And I think you didn't dream that you dreamt lucid. I think dreaming that you dream is just having a dream, and suddenly finding yourself in bed, because I've never felt any difference. But who knows, dreams are weird.

Since were talking about lucid dreams, here have some Alan Watts : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0PYcCsL6o
>>
>>18275752
I had nightmares turn into lucid dreams. In one I turned a hurricane into a sunny day and on the other I turned a fall to the death to a teleportation.

I only have trouble dreaming for longer than a few seconds when this happens. I just wake up when it starts to get fun. I realized whatever I think when lucid dreaming comes true, so I just visualize what I want and it instantly materializes. Never tried fucking yet, but I fear it will just prematurely end the dream.
>>
>>18275752
I did once, I realized it was a dream so I just started flying around my school until I woke up. But usually I just wake up the second I realize it's a dream. One time I realized I was dreaming but then I lost control of my physical body, that shit was scary, I was just moving forward like a bot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.