[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My conversations getting hijacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1909819-shy_guy.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1909819-shy_guy.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
I'm a pretty shy guy, withdrawn introvert but not too lacking in confidence. Whenever I'm in a social situation with a group of people I'm the quiet one that mostly sits there and listens to what the other people are talking about. Most of it is very boring to me but I do pick up on some things from some people that is interesting and I would like to talk about, so I wait for a window of silence in the group chat where I can bring it up. And what happens is this

>...
>Me: So person A, that thing you were talking about, is that like a something something?
>loud extroverted person B who's been talking all night: OH YEAH! That something something with the thing, how's that going? Is that like another thing or? I have thought about it but I yadayadayada

And so now person A and person B are talking about the thing I wanted to talk about. But that was my conversation damnit. And person B just stole it from me. And I'm back to being merely an observer instead of talking.

I guess what I want is techniques to prevent this from happening or how to steal the conversation back when it happens?
>>
>facial cues
If people look at ya, it's your moment to speak

You seem to know how to keep the convo going since your interested

>Watch for body language, is their body open or just facing towards that particular person?

Pretty much all I got
>>
>>18275621
>And person B just stole it from me.
Can't you keep talking with them if that happens? Also are you a man or a woman?
>>
>>18275639
Can't you read? he said he was a shy guy, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>18275639
No because >>18275629 they're not looking at me anymore, person A is now focused on person B who is now asking the things I wanted to ask and pretty much killing my opener while also keeping person A from further conversation that it might have lead to. I would have to wrestle my way back in and that's difficult for me because I'm not confrontational I suppose. I'm a guy.
>>
>>18275647
I usually skim through the posts so I guess I forgot he said that. Not sure why you felt the need to insult me

>>18275658
Hm yeah I think you're going to have to work on being more assertive. It's normal to get interrupted in conversations. I don't see why you couldn't keep talking in the situation you mentioned. You say A is now focused on B but I don't think it works that way, people just look at whoever's talking.
I feel you though. I also struggle with group conversations. The fact that my voice is very low doesn't help.
>>
>>18275680
Oh and the reason I mentioned gender is that I find that women pay attention to what I say while men often ignore me. But I have no idea how it works if you're a man
>>
>>18275658
Pay attention to your body language as well, be more assertive when you have an opener, don't be too aggressive and don't think you'll fuck up. Practice.
>>
>>18275680
But when it's the same people talking all the time? How do I get in without a window? My voice is also low, and weak, and when I raise it I sound angry.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.