[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend is being released from an asylum after five years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: veryhard.jpg (612KB, 1446x1140px) Image search: [Google]
veryhard.jpg
612KB, 1446x1140px
My friend is being released from an asylum after five years. What should I do?

I was thinking of taking him to see a movie or golf.
>>
>>18275278
Golf seems like the better idea. a movie might be a bit much.
>>
>>18275278

what was he in for?
>>
>>18275278
golf sounds nice
>>
>>18275358
Schizophrenia
>>
>>18275396
Is he 'fixed'
>>
Golf
>>
Dose him with LSD and make sure he doesn't know that you did it.
>>
>>18275402
Never, but can live on his own now.
>>
>>18276516
Maybe such a quick reintroduction to society isnt a good idea.... Maybe try just hanging out at his or your place watching a movie/playing vidya, if he drinks maybe bring a few beers. I'd say its less important to get him to go somewhere immediately, and showing him you're still friends is the most important thing. He's probably got a lot on his mind that he needs to let out/vent.
>>
>>18276923
Okay. I'm just bummed taht he missed out on his 20's. He was 23 when he went in, and now he's 28. It's crazy.
>>
>>18275278
I spent three months in a rehab clinic. What I would have loved to have done with a friend right after getting out would be eating at a nice japanese restaurant and going to a bar after to have a few drinks, smoke and catch up. Trust me, he would love the fuck out of that.
>>
>>18277068
Dude 3 months of rehab is nothing compared to 5 years of isolation in a psych hospital for schizophrenia...
>>
>>18277063
Yeah, that sounds terrible. Lucky for him, sounds like he's got a good friend ready for him when he gets back. Good luck anon, hope everything goes well.
>>
>>18277359
Obviously. What I mean is that I understand what it feels like to be locked up and I just told OP something I would have loved to do with a friend when I got out. It's more qualitative than quantitative, don't you agree?
>>
>>18277068
I hope it wasn't rehab for alcoholism kek
>>
>>18277469
Yes but the issue isnt the same. With addiction, as long as you dont relapse, you're good; you presumably had no issues while you are off x thing. Schizophrenia can cripple a person's ability to interact in society, and deal with all the stimulus. A 1 on 1 is a good start, considering an asylum can at points consist of borderline isolation and torture. Rehab is less extreme.
>>
>>18277755
Dude, if you knew. I'm psychotic. Currently taking antidepressants and antipsychotics, but for me shit's out of control when it comes to my sense of reality. As a pessimist, my best guess is either I go in again or I'm going crazy.
>>
>>18277831
Get a therapist?
>>
>>18275396
Poor guy. You're a good friend. Golf is outdoors, sun, fresh air and interactive.
>>
Smoke pot all day long.
>>
>>18277063
Wow, I never realized before now how huge a chunk of your life five years is.
>>
>>18277755
I spent a decade in rehab. All I did from 2000-2010 was practice waltzing with an oldie. After she died, I got to leave.
>>
File: croprotation.png (78KB, 480x522px) Image search: [Google]
croprotation.png
78KB, 480x522px
My suggestion is to offer to help him with some certain project that you can work on together like starting a garden or building a small shed or painting a room. Try to get him productive but directly aid him in it so there's the comradery of working together. I hope you and your friend well, anon.
>>
>>18278246
Thanks. He's pretty sad about leaving, surprisingly.
>>
>>18277068
>>18275278
This was an asylum

I recommend to find new friends and step away from that. Be supportive, yes, but don't put yourself in the same room or city as this person.
>>
Golf it is buddy, but if you're going for a movie try a feel good comedy movie.
>>
>>18278358
So avoid Get Out? My granny nearly fainted during that one.
>>
Take him to McDonald's
>>
>>18278302
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Get him into an MMO ASAP.

He needs to distract himself from everything around him and live in a self made comfy prison while getting disability from being inable to work.
>>
> 5 years of isolation in a psych hospital for schizophrenia

fucking hell

take him to a good outlook spot, enjoy the view and talk about purely positive things. Change the convo into something positive if he starts to go into bad shit.

Other than that I don't think it's much you can do and remember to not blame yourself for whatever outcome
>>
>>18278243
in an asylum, you don't even get that. you get people who throw literal piss and shit at people, wig out and scream and cut themselves; you never get to see anyone of the opposite gender, there's no conjugal or anything like that. being in an asylum means never getting laid or having fun. it's a system than should be reformed.
>>
>>18279396
They're a shitty person, obviously.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.