[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difference between lifestyles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0769.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.png
143KB, 600x600px
What is "really" the difference between the lifestyle of someone who lives on the internet (minus work and required tasks), compared to someone who is out and about?

If someone wants to sit on a computer all day and play vidya, YouTube, and lurk 4chan. If they never want to get a girlfriend or do anything else. Is there anything "wrong" with what?

Society seems to make people like that out to be weird and losers. If someone enjoys spending their time just watching YouTube all day long, how is that actually any different than someone who likes to go to concerts?
>>
>>18275048
Man, I wish I could feel content living like this. I have the same "lifestyle", but mainly because I'm awkward and anxious around people.
>>
>>18275048

>is there a difference

yes, the difference is obvious

>but is one more happier than the other

no

>is it 'wrong'

no. even if it was 'wrong' would you really care if no one was getting hurt by you? like whats the point? morality that doesn't effect others is pretty dumb.

if you are truly happy, thats fine. if you stop being happy, thats also fine, just try something new.
>>
>>18275048
>>18275069

when i was younger I was like you OP, except i dated, that was really my only social aspect. now that I'm older I go out a LOT but don't date at all. both made me equally happy, i just wanted different things at different times in my life. my only regret about it is i do wish I had enjoyed my youth a bit more and could have saved that lifestyle for when i was older, but its nothing i get too upset about.
>>
>>18275069

I ask because I heard someone today say "J**** never does anything, he has no life". It made me think. What is actually the difference between someone who likes to go out to clubs, compared to someone who like to watch TV alone? They are both activities right? So, as long as the individual enjoys what they are doing. Then there isn't really a difference, you can't say one is better than the other right?
>>
>Society seems to make people like that out to be weird and losers.
it's because this lifestyle is detrimental to our society financially
basically you aren't consuming to your full potential, and that means you're "dead weight" when it comes to growth in the value of their equities
>>
>>18275074

>my only regret about it is i do wish I had enjoyed my youth a bit more

Explain this please. I've had people tell me "you're going to regret not going out and hooking up with girls, drinking all night long, and being foolish when you were younger"
>>
>>18275079

eh. 'better' needs to be defined. you could say going out is better because it involves exercise, socializing, etc. whereas TV is about as pointless an activity as you can get, its pure entertainment for entertainments sake.

that doesn't make it bad or wrong, but you could argue going out is better or more healthy.

but does it matter? its not UNHEALTHY to stay in. there is nothing morally wrong, there is nothing upsetting, people just tend to believe their own life style is the best lifestyle.

its kinda like when someone says 'I DONT UNDRESTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN BE GAY, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE, HOW CAN THEY NOT LIKE GIRLS IT MUST BE WRONG/BAD'

its just people so obsessed wtih their own life that they can't imagine anyone enjoying anything other than what they enjoy.
>>
>>18275081

>you're "dead weight" when it comes to growth in the value of their equities

I'd agree with that if the individual was unemployed and leeching off the government. But if the person has a job and pays his taxes, what's the issue?
>>
>>18275089

>explain this please
>regret not going out and hooking up with girls, drinking all night long etc

i can't, because that is definitely NOT what i mean by enjoying my youth. i spent 90% of my time in my room editing videos that kinda lead me to my life i have now. and i loved it, and it was fulfilling on every level. however i do wish that i had just done more stuff, gone out more, tried more developed friendships more.

if i could go back to highschool id probably drink LESS than i did, which was already pretty sparingly. my sex life was more active than then it is now desu.

but there are things that become more difficult as you get older.
>>
>>18275090

>its kinda like when someone says 'I DONT UNDRESTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN BE GAY, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE, HOW CAN THEY NOT LIKE GIRLS IT MUST BE WRONG/BAD

I don't want to change the topic. But that wasn't a good example. Just because biologically, we are meant to be attracted to the opposite sex. Those who are gay have a mental defect. So, even tho it is an excuse. It's a bit different than the given scenario.
>>
>>18275094

Oh ok. That's interesting. I've had many people tell me "man you're wasting your prime" one too many times. I'm a alright looking guy, but I've never had a girlfriend before and only had 1 sexual experience 5 years ago (and it was awful).
>>
It is important to diversify the activities you do. This is how you become a well rounded person. You will find it incredibly difficult to work on your interpersonal communication skills if you do not spend time with people and this will undoubtedly handicap you in life.
>>
>>18275102
Dont let 1 experience change your view as a whole. Maybe you just had a bad time
>>
>>18275097

not really, its still just some twat thinking that 'im me, therefore anyone who is not like me is wrong'.
>>
>>18275111

I don't feel comfortable with the idea of doing it again

>>18275113

Well, I disagree. Not because it's different. But because it's science.
>>
>>18275048
Because it's such a small slice of life experience. It's not like the outdoors and the internet are equal worlds. One has much more immediate, meaningful potential for human experience than the other. The internet is a really cool place, but it's not a full replacement for everything else.

If you're happy being a NEET in your room all day, I can't stop you. But I'd recommend you at least try to make real life friends, or go hiking, or travel, or some shit. Idk.
>>
>>18275121

except for how your argument is flawed. regardless of if its a mental defect or not, the person isn't calling it that, they arent rationalizing that its one, they are simply stating 'i dont understand how someone can be gay'

same issue regardless of its root cause. and its not like wanting alone time is pro evolution, thats how you get picked off.
>>
>>18275108

What if you regularly interact with people at work? But just spend your personal time alone?
>>
>>18275127

>if you're happy being a NEET

Not NEET. I have a well paying full time job where I interact with lots of people and go to the gym. I just spent 99% of my personal time alone on the internet.

>>18275128

Meh I just think it's different
>>
>>18275092
because that's not enough
the system is built on consumption, and if you're not out engaging in what's seen as more "desirable" you are hindering their profit
>>
>>18275140

if by different you mean valid, despite knowing the science, then you can't really expect other people to treat you with any respect either.
>>
>>18275147
>because that's not enough
>the system is built on consumption, and if you're not out engaging in what's seen as more "desirable" you are hindering their profit
>you are hindering their profit
>hindering their profit
>their profit
>their

you had one fucking job dude.

((((their))))
>>
>>18275147

But that person is spending money. I don't get your point.
>>
>>18275147
>>18275163
Lets put it this way. Who gives a fuck. Live your life the way you choose to live it, and stop letting other's opinions haunt you.
>>
>>18275168

>stop letting other's opinions haunt you.

It's just hard sometimes to keep my spirits up when all of society views people like me as a loser, even tho I'm relatively successful
>>
File: 1402518383858.jpg (23KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1402518383858.jpg
23KB, 435x435px
>>18275162

that is the correct usage of their...
>>
>>18275171

they really dont, 99% of society doesn't care, just college socializers.
>>
>>18275195

I didn't go to college and I don't interact with college student
>>
>>18275199

it was an exaggeration, point being that most people don't sit aorund thinking 'WOW GUYS WHO DONT GO OUT ARE LOSERS'.

most of the world outside of those college socializers (again MOST) dont actually care if people dont go out.

just chill out.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.