[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the Best Way to Respond to Somebody Who Stood You Up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: PuzzledEmoticon.jpg (46KB, 436x300px) Image search: [Google]
PuzzledEmoticon.jpg
46KB, 436x300px
Got stood up for a date last night. Texted her and left a voicemail. No response.

It's weird, because we've had two dates already, and she seemed really excited about us going out again at the end of the second date.

What's the best way to respond? Here are the options I've thought of so far:

>Don't respond at all; never text her again

>Respond in a joking manner that shows I'm unfazed and don't take anything too seriously

>Let her know that she hurt and humiliated be by letting me know I'm not even worth a cancellation text that would have taken 15 seconds to send and that I had to hold back tears while drinking cocktails alone

>Tell her I have two tickets to some really expensive, exclusive, amazing even, but that she has to respond quickly because it's on a first-come basis. If she responds, be like, "too late, this other girl texted me back before you did"

>Just be blunt but unsalty, like "What didn't work for you? Is there any reason why you weren't comfortable about calling to cancel? I thought we had a good thing going, but maybe I misinterpreted?"

Which of these do I pick? Any other suggestions?
>>
the first one obviously
>>
Don't say anything else until you hear from her first. We don't know why she stood you up so it's hard to say BUT I can tell you this is a major red flag. You deserve to be respected and if she's already showing signs of disrespect on the 3rd date, she's done you a favor by allowing you to bow out now while you still have time.
>>
>>18274784
Yeah, I should just leave it be and move on. It's really hard though, because I like her a lot. And she seemed to like me back. And she really seemed special. It hurts.

>>18274795
Yeah, she could have been kidnapped by drug lords or dropped her phone in the ocean or something, I dunno. It was just last night that I was stood up, so maybe I'll give it some time.

It's funny, though. I encouraged this same girl to submit an art piece to an exhibition, and she was telling me that she felt a little offended about not hearing back from them and not even getting a rejection letter.

But it seems she feels no shame about standing people up without so much as a "sorry, I can\t make it" text.

WHY DO I STILL LIKE HER THO
>>
>>18274730
I got stood up twice by the same chick in one weekend so please learn from my mistakes

Know that she doesn't care at all about you. Once you accept this you can:

A. Move on and find someone who doesn't treat you like shit

B. Realize she is worthless and just try to smash.
>>
as someone whos stood people up before, i think you should at least send a passive aggressive text like "soo... did you mean to tell me you wern't going to show up?" or something because people who just vanish like to pretend it doesn't matter because they're selfish, but obviously it does matter.
>>
">Don't respond at all; never text her again"
hey you already knew the answer congratulations /endthread
>>
>>18274986
Give it some time and allow you to clear your mind. Then approach the situation from a level perspective
>>
>>18275057
Yeah, I think a simple message like this would be best. Know that she doesn't care about you though.
>>
File: 1489375644193.png (6KB, 576x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489375644193.png
6KB, 576x300px
OP, I would suggest just letting it go and trying not to think about it. Don't text her, delete her number and move on. If she some reason text you back, tell you how you feel or just don't even bother repliyng. As many other Anons have said, if she doesn't respect you now, it's a big red flag.

Sometimes people are to shy or self centered to give you a direct answer about things. The stand up thing would of been to tell you directly, hey.. I'm not interested anymore but thanks. The problem is most people don't have the decency to do this. In fact, if a girl did this to me I would thank her and respect her a lot as a person. I think both sexes respond best to honesty in the first stages of dating.

I would never, ever ignore someone to stop dealing with a problem. Then again, most people hate confrontation and put on a front.
>>
>>18275294
She doesn't seem like the shy sort who's afraid of confrontation. But I also didn't peg her as inconsiderate enough to stand somebody up without cancelling.

I've been trying to move on. The night she stood me up, I started chatting with some other girls in the bar. Approached some women the next day, to. Even while seeing her, I was still trying to get numbers and keep my options open.

Despite that, I'm not over her. None of those other women were interested, and even if they were, I wasn't as drawn to them as I am to this girl.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.