[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music related hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (589KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589KB, 1200x1200px
Music is one of my main interests - I love listening to music and talking about music. I've been looking for a "productive" hobby to spend my free time on, instead of browsing 4chan and playing ASSFAGGOTS. I already go to the gym, but I have no dexterity so sports aren't an option. So naturally I was wondering what music related hobbies are there. I tried to play the guitar a few years ago but it seemed like it would take way too long to git gud, I probably would only be able to play well way into my 20s. I've been thinking about a piano or a keyboard, seems kind of easier and a childhood of playing videogames should help since I'm playing on a keyboard and not strings. I've also thought about creating electronic music, which seems pretty interesting but I have no idea how it's done. I would also have to learn music theory, but that doesn't seem very hard. Can with experience in creating music give me a few pointers or something?
>>
Someone with experience*
>>
>would take too long to get good
Pathetic. Don't bother trying to be a musician if you're not dedicated or you'll just be a shit musician. Try writing reviews or something
>>
I used to write electronic music on a basic computer system called Fruity Loops. So fun! You may also consider learning to read music. Joining a local church choir for a time might be a good place to start.
>>
>>18274673
>but I have no dexterity
Comes with practice.
>but it seemed like it would take way too long to git gud
Like any respectable activity. If "it takes a lot time to learn" is a problem for you, it's pointless to even think about it.
>piano or a keyboard, seems kind of easier
Ahahaha. No, they aren't.
>creating electronic music, which seems pretty interesting but I have no idea how it's done
Ableton, Fruity Loops, Logic or Garageband are pretty common. There are tons of tutorials on YT and google.
>I would also have to learn music theory, but that doesn't seem very hard.
Most things aren't hard but they still need focus and time.
>>
>>18274673

Music Hobbies
>Learn an instrument (guitar isn't that bad, just keep coming back to until you can switch chords flawlessly)
>Make music (tons of tutorials online, find a DAW that you like (FL Studio is good for beginners, but many like using others) and get started)
>Start a review blog/YouTube channel if you want

Great album by the way. I suggest you also check out In the Dream of Sea Life by them. Also a really solid album.
>>
piano is like, the hardest of them all
>>
>>18274700
>comes with practice

Sure, but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage compared to other people. I'm on good physical shape, but as a kid I never played any sports, which puts me at a big disadvantage since everyone already has some natural, basic agility I still lack

>too long to learn

I guess taking too long to learn isn't the problem, it's more about not seeing the results of your effort. When I was learning guitar, it seemed like the results weren't proportional to the effort I was putting in, which kind of killed my motivation. On the other hand, I've been going to the gym dilligently for two years now because I can see myself improve each month, even if it's just by checking my BMI or being able to lift heavier weights

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those programs out
>>
>>18274706

I think I'll dig out my old guitar to see what I can do, I remember switching chords was my biggest problem. I think I also pirated FL studio a few months ago to play around and see how it worked, it seems pretty hard but really fun at the same time. What kind of music can I make with it? I can use samples and that kind of stuff right?
>>
>>18274736
>it's more about not seeing the results of your effort
It's often the case when learning a new skill, specially at start. Then after a while it goes the other way around and you will overrate the amount of progress you made. Gotta think long term with things like that, no matter how frustrating it is.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.