[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANXIETY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hm.jpg (61KB, 540x511px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
61KB, 540x511px
Hey guys, this is my first time posting on /adv/. Recently, I've been invited to go clubbing with a few friends. The problem is I get so worked up and nervous that sometimes I throw up. The party isn't for a week and I'm already feeling the anxiety creeping in. I don't want to be an anxious person anymore since it has cost me many amazing opportunities, can anyone give advice on how to combat this?

tl;dr: I have anxiety to the point of sometimes throwing up, how do I combat this?
>>
Hey Anxiety. If I was in your position I just wouldn't go at all. Sometimes you just have to skip things if you feel pressured to do them. It doesn't mean that you're a flaker if you don't go, or that you're a bad friend. It just means you don't want to go to a party, clubbing, whatever. More so, if you get always have bad experiences with clubbing, why would you want to go? Throwing up is DEFINITELY NOT FUN, and if that what comes along with clubbing, fuck it. Even if it sounds cliche, peer pressure is a real thing a lot of people struggle with, and if you really have a bad time at clubbing, tell your friends that. You can always exclude yourself from certain situations. Hope I helped. Think about it.
>>
>>18274619
Clubbing is for primitive peoples, read a book.
>>
Being able to go to a club without throwing up or getting anxiety is important. You may need to get professional help, there is also medication to assist. You should first ask yourself: have I been to a club before and had a bad experience and as a result have this fear? Or is the fear not valid i.e. I am making up the fear. Ultimately: what am I afraid that will happen? Usually people have fun in clubs dance around listen to music and then go home. That is a good thing to experience
>>
I have the same thing as OP has, but less dramatic. I don't even like going to clubs. I only go to be with friends or meet girls, if I'm feeling desperate. But I get so nervous until I'm there. Then usually it's not even fun. OP we are just not made for clubbing. Know your limits.
>>
>>18274667
The problem is I don't want to miss out on things anymore. Like I said I've already missed out on a lot of opportunities and I'm sick and tired of seeing people having fun while I'm dying on the inside.
>>18274675
Read above^
>>18274677
I'm not even sure what I'm afraid or worried about. I am certain that the fear is not valid but it could be multiple things that are making me worried. I do want to see someone but I'm asking here first since the party is happening soon and I want some suggestions.
>>
>>18274619
Realize that you're probably not gonna die and no harm will come to you. What's the worst that could happen?

>oh haha anon said something cringey to a girl!

Chances are no one will remember or give a fuck, and if you have to vomit, just hit the bathroom and call it a night. At least then you can say you tried.
>>
>>18274695
Okay after reading your original post I won't tell you to not go.

How to battle the anxiety? Go running and exercise. I hope youre not a fat fuck. Don't drink caffeine. Eat well. All of these are NECESSARY, so do it all. Then you want to be with your best buddy from the lot from early moment of the day the party is. Much less pressure, if you're already socialized before going to club and party. Good luck.
>>
File: cd.gif (13KB, 313x555px) Image search: [Google]
cd.gif
13KB, 313x555px
>>18274619
You're getting anxious because of your thoughts.

Why are you worried about going clubbing? List down every thought you have that makes you feel any form of negative emotion on one side of a piece of paper. Reread them and write underneath it which form of distorted thought each falls under. Then, respond with a positive thought or talk back to the thought with a rational response from a clearer perspective.
>>
Let a polar sodomize you while sucking bill cosbys dick that will definintly help you with your aids problem.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.