[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking care of sick pup help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: KIMG0003.jpg (914KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0003.jpg
914KB, 1440x2560px
So my puppy has parvo because my dumb ass has been putting off her vaccinations due to schedule conflicts. Just my luck that it was on the week I was finally going to take her. Vet gave me two shots of penicillin, two of cerenia to reduce vomiting, and this electrolyte substance to keep her hydrated since I can only afford to treat her at home.
This is the second day after the vet visit so I'm out of the medicine at this point. Her symptoms were apparent late Thursday though, so this should be her fourth day. What are the odds that she'll be all better by tomorrow? She just looks tired and has no appetite as of right now. I don't know what to do if she's still sick tomorrow. I still have about 1.5 quarts of the electrolyte solution left but the lack of medicine is going to make things more difficult and I don't think I can afford another round at the moment. How long should the virus last in her body at the very most?
>>
Parvo kills dogs never heard of one surviving parvo. When you get a puppy your not meant to walk them outside for a year untill theyve had all there shots.
>>
>>18274169
Don't listen to this guy, some can survive however they are usually adults and the virus is harder on the younger or older dogs. Try feeding her plain rice cereal made for babies, you may have to feed it to her. I believe the main cause of death is dehydration and lack of nutrients. I've heard rice cereal really helps. Hell I've even heard of people feeding their dogs pipe tobacco cause it's supposed to fix them. I wouldn't trust that one though. Try calling a local feed/ranch store and asking if they have any info on home remedies that can assist the medicine or whatever. I know my local store mentioned the rice cereal, but I got this information about 4 years ago
>>
>>18274544
Also if your dog dies PLEASE don't get another right away. The virus can live on your property for about a year, even with a thorough bleach cleaning
>>
>>18274169
>>18274544
You guys make it sound like chances are really slim. Where do you guys get your figures from? I'm curious because the vet said puppies survive at a 60% chance when treated at home and at an 80% when they treat it with IV and such. How should I go about feeding rice cereal anyways? Does it work fine via syringe?

Off topic, but why is this board always so broken on mobile?
>>
>>18274680
/adv/ is read as "advertisement" by a lot
of programs
>>
>>18274680
Yeah syringe.
I worked at a shelter and even the vet staff there said that they can live but a lot of the time they don't. Sometimes they're too young or too old and the immune system isn't what it should be, it's also easier for them to die from dehydration or starvation. I dunno man. Just make sure she eats and gets fluids. If she has diarrhea or vomiting it's literally life or death because her body is expelling more than it's getting.
>>
>>18274768
Oh, alright gotcha. I'm feel somehwhat hopeful for this though, she's 10 months old but I feel like she toughed out a lot of it the first two days. Second day she was eating and drinking fine, and even had semi-final turds, third was a little less worse and had it bad, and today she hasn't even had diarrhea but likely because she hasn't eaten. She gained a small burst of energy earlier but who knows how tomorrow might go.
>>
>>18274828
Jesus, all these typos.
Semi-solid*
third was a little worse*
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.