[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is economics a meme degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (435KB, 492x442px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
435KB, 492x442px
is economics a meme degree?
>>
it's basically a business degree. middle of the road tier.
>>
>>18273964
Well yes it is, it's like the easiest one to get
>>
>>18273973
OP: but isn't it really good for getting high paying banking jobs?
>>
>>18273977
I mean yeah good luck luck with that, only people with like a talent get all the bitches, for example I am learning for a avio mechanic, and then go for a pilot hopefully, and oh boy if you know math/physics and English, it's like from the E to the Z, and oh boy it's much more fun and exiciting rather then jack off pens in offices
>>
>>18273977
its not good enough to "get" you anything, but it is good enough to check a box to get you started into a decent career. i'm 26 and making $80,000 on my economics degree. was basically no different than a business degree to me though. i do know two people who got masters in economics and do actual economics stuff and make really good money though, but i really do thing its more about manipulating your career than any sort of launch the degree gives you, unlike pharmacy or engineering.
>>
No an Economics Phd is very valuable.
>>
>>18273964
major in maths minor in economics, or do acturial science or something, same jobs, massive salary increase
>>
>>18273964
No, it's an important part of our society. What is more important than the exchange of wealth?
>>
Sorry to be stealing OP's thread, but is Communication Studies too much of a meme degree or is it acceptable? Math is cancer and it seems right up my alley
>>
>>18274684
way too much of a meme. communications is the land of 20 something year old girls with no job and 30k of debt
>>
>>18274726

Fair enough, what would you recommend to someone with an interest in social sciences and technology, and an intense hatred for mathematics? It feels like the only area where social sciences overlap with non-meme territory is economy/business/finance etc., and math is important in all of those
>>
>>18274773
Not him, but I studied law, which seems to fit your criteria. I'm not American, though, so I could do law as an undergraduate.
>>
>>18274773
>>18274773

have you ever like really tried to understand math? or just got dragged through all math classes with minimum effort so you never knew what was going on and were always stressed out? for me it was just a perspective problem. i hated math until college and then changed the way I looked at it.

that aside what can work for you is doing language but interning in business. ive known a few people launch careers out of language degrees. that said you should minor in something like business for that to work.

business math is easy as shit. just learn the steps faggot.
>>
more like memeconomics lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.