[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I file a complaint about my professor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1478122823527.gif (858KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
1478122823527.gif
858KB, 144x192px
I'm wondering right now if I should talk to the dean about my professor, but I'm scared she would do something to my grades.

Here's some context.
>Constantly late to class
>Doesn't lecture at all
>Spends the whole period rambling about the minutiae of her daily life
>Makes us watch YouTube videos of TV shows that are only very vaguely related to the topic and have VERY little educational value (she makes us watch episode after episode of this and it doesn't help us learn anything new)
>Sometimes we look at some case studies from the textbook and have to answer it in class
>When we do this, she doesn't offer any criticism to our answers at all and just tells us we did a great job and claps for us
>Then she just glosses over information over the project and one of my fellow classmates has to bombard her with questions just so she would give us information that should have been included when she assigned it to us
>Then she gave us a take home midterm with questions that we naturally don't know the answer to because she never discussed anything (which means we have to read all the chapters that should've been discussed in class)
It feels like she's just there because she has to be there to collect her paycheck and has no regard as to whether or not her students learn the course material and would make us do the reading ourselves just so she doesn't have to lecture and could just turn on the projector and make us watch shit of little substance.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18273831
File the complaint after the class is over, safest option, and nothing's gonna change short term (and probably long term) anyway. You probably can reasonably assume that the complaint can be anonymous, but better not to take the chance, because she absolutely will take it out on your grade
>>
Get your whole class to file a complaint
>>
>>18273856
I probably will do that then. I just want a good grade, so I wouldn't wanna risk it. It's just infuriating being in her class.

>>18273884
Right now I feel only one other guy would care enough to file a complaint (the guy who asks all the questions about the project) because he's visibly displeased with the class and I see him roll his eyes a lot whenever the professor starts to ramble on.
>>
>>18273902

Let me share my tale.

I had similar profesor, she didn't gave a shit because she was only 2 years from retirement. We learned more about how her intestines needed to be washed in a procedure I never heard about again, than anything else.

One day I literally just snapped and told her she we were learning nothing with her. I tried to get some backing, but people just lowered their heads. Then she rambled about how I look down on everybody and how pretentious I am, and I am not gonna lie I was always a prideful fool, but I was never pedantic and I got backing from the class when the whole ordeal was over, with a little bit of side of "We agreed, but we were scared".

Basically, I had to study and pass the class by myself, after failing with her. I even had to lower my head a bit, because she was the only one that taught that class. So I just went there, did a perfect test, and got the minimal score I could receive to pass.

I don't even Know what I am trying to tell you, or how different your country's system is from my own, but I hope this is somehow helpful. Just don't do what I did, it was the wrong way to go about it.
>>
>>18273957
>did a perfect test
>got the minimal score I could receive to pass
This is what I'm scared of. I don't want to pass with the minimum grade. I want to get great scores on all my classes and actually learn things of substance so I can use these things to get a scholarship or something.

Thanks for sharing, anon. Hearing this kinda makes me wanna go around asking the class what they think. Maybe like your classmates, mine have the same sentiments and maybe we could do what the other anon said after all and file a complaint as a whole class
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.