[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learnin' French

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gintama.gif (2MB, 432x317px) Image search: [Google]
gintama.gif
2MB, 432x317px
Anyone has learned it before? I try it on my own with only YT and some sites. How long would it take me to speak proper french and is it that hard? I asked some and they say it's very hard
>>
>>18273293
It's one of the harder European languages.

But really, you can learn any language if you put enough hours in. You will also need someone you can converse with regularly. The best way to learn is through rigorous study and constant interaction with someone who is fluent. There are plenty of language "pen-pals" you can seek out online. Find a French person who wants to learn English. You can help each other.
>>
what do you mean is it hard its a fucking language youre not gonna learn it overnight

do you have a deadline? are you gonna die within the next 5 years?

just be patient and study a bit if you really want to learn it m8
>>
>>18273298
Yeah some people also say you need to speak it often to get comfortable with it, thanks

>>18273300
I have all the time I want, chill I'm just askin'
>>
>>18273293
It takes years to learn a language Anon, even if you live in a place where it's spoken.

Yeah just use whatever sources you can get, I reccomend Duolinguo while reading newspaper articles on the internet on the side until you reach B1/B2 level. Don't get disheartened if your progress isn't obvious, I sometimes have to teach myself things 4-5 times before they stick.

Also, learning a language is 90% down to self-study but going to classes taught by someone that is trained in language teaching makes a big difference.

Anyway, I'm a native English speaker that has learned 2 languages and I pretty much only use english when I speak to family and friends back home, let me know if you need anything else.
>>
>>18273293
I tried learning Italian about a year ago using Duolingo and a couple of forums. It actually wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I thought it would be, and after a few months I was ALMOST able to read news articles on La Repubblica. I can imagine French would be significantly harder to learn because the grammar is more unique than that of Italian, but definitely check out Duolingo and maybe find a few message boards in French that deal with subjects you're interested in. That's the easiest way to learn, I've found.
>>
Check out the Foreign Service Institute (FSI). They have good tips. French is considered a Category 1, aka very easy language to learn for an English speaker. It is supposed to take you 600h to master.
>>
Try referring to an /int/ pastebin on learning French if there are any. Duolingo is good but you might reach a plateau and it's good to cross-reference.
>>
File: 1423847046216.jpg (17KB, 482x687px) Image search: [Google]
1423847046216.jpg
17KB, 482x687px
>>18273833
One month?
>>
Great advice guys, thx again
>>
>>18273901
>Plateau

When this happens you just move onto a different area of vocabulary. The more you know of a language you know, the easier it is to learn new things because of word roots, synonyms etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.