[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my gf is in an emotionally abusive household

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1400190311682.jpg (42KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1400190311682.jpg
42KB, 338x430px
>17 year old qt with extreme depression and anxiety
>her parents constantly make her feel like shit for the smallest bullshit
>they control everywhere she goes, for how long and need to be constantly updated on her location
>keep her home as much as possible and while she's there they have her do nothing but clean and when she's not cleaning they're bitching at her for not being good enough and just generally keep her isolated
>read her texts and monitor all of her online activity
>whenever she tries to confront them about how she feels, the control, the sense she has that she has no value to them, etc. They scream at her and tell her she's ungrateful or that she's disrespectful, which of course makes everything much worse
>when she was young her dad would hit her, and they would bring her into crowds or other situations that they knew would trigger her anxiety

I'm scared for her, she's hurt herself on and off for years and attempted suicide once before a few years ago. I understand parent's wanting to keep their kid safe or whatever but these fuckers are nuts. They do everything they do just to keep her under their thumb. My theory is they never wanted her to begin with, and shes had lots of expensive health problems I thing they blame her for personally.

I love her so much anons, I stayed up all night last night talking her out of hurting herself again. How do I help her in this situation? How do you console someone who's family hates them and holds them prisoner in their own home?
>>
>>18273120
You should definately tell this to some adults, no, not the parents. This is basically child abuse that should be reported to either police or to her school or somewhere.
>>
>>18273147
I've talked to my mother about it (am 19 and still live at home)
she's a counselor and offered some suggestions as to things to help but for now it looks like shes stuck. She's going to college in a year which surprisingly they're okay with and in the span that takes I hope to have a place near her so she can move in as soon as she's finished with school. It's only really a year or so she has to make it before she's more or less free, but the way things are going I'm not sure if she'll make it
>>
Just curious, how old are you? Second, what do you expect from this relationship? My guess is she's probably already emotionally scarred enough to messed her up. How bad are you willing to pursue this relationship with her once the dust cleared?
>>
>>18273178
I'm 19, and I don't know that I expect anything honestly, all I know for sure is that she makes me very happy. She's an amazing person who loves me just as much as I love her, it's crossed my mind that she might just be attached because I'm an emotional pillar and that she might not feel as strongly once she's in a stable place in her life, but I've had that discussion with her and I'm confident she'll stay with me. As for how badly I want to be with her; I'd marry her as soon as the opportunity presented itself.
>>
>>18273154
Too much info there that is unneccesary. Sometimes I feel like people here post just to tell us the smallest details that dont help any way and not find an answer to any questions they have.

I was speaking more about telling this to police or people in her school to straighten things up with her parents as they are abusing her.

If you really want to help her these are the only things u can do ATM.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.