[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1491155030724.jpg (706KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491155030724.jpg
706KB, 1365x1024px
Hey /adv/

I've decided to start working out, but I don't know how. I've never been to a gym.

How does that work? Do I just go inside and do stuff for x hours? What exercise should I do?

I mainly want to lose weight and get ripped - my bodyfat is around 18% and I don't really care about getting stronger or more healthy, I just want to look better.
>>
Pick a number and work all exercies to that number. Call it a day. Another day repeat all that but add one to your number. Each day continue to add up untill you can do 1000 of each exercise.
>>
Ask /fit/. There's a lot of assholes over there, but they know what they're talking about and you will get solid info.
>>
>>18273046

when you sign up for the gym you often get a free session with a trainer.

that being said if your main goal is to lose weight, i wouldnt sign up for a gym. its just a waste of time travelling there to run in place. the only benefit it has is that you will be running in an air conditioned room.

but my advice is to load up a very talky TV series or radioplay / audio book on to your phone, and just run through your neighborhood.

cardio is the best way to lose weight and the gym is like 99% weight lifting.

you can't really lose weight WHILE getting ripped, your body can only do one at a time. you'll get SOME results of muscle while also losing weight if your body chemistry can time things right, but if you're losing weight it means you're not eating enoguh calories to support your weight, and if you're putting on muscle it means you're eating enough EXTRA calories to build the muscle, so those two are contradictory.

so yeah, just pick up running and jumping jack and such and have a healthy diet of 500 calories less than your TDEE (usually 2000 but if you gooogle 'daily calorie calculator' you'll be able to input your details and get better results) and just also work in some push ups, planks and other home work out stuff to do what little muscle building your body might handle.
>>
Do the 5×5 program along with a few accessories. DON'T do SS+GOMAD, you'll end up incredibly strong but incredibly homely. Go to /fit/and read the sticky. Make sure you get a balanced diet and at least 8 hours of sleep.
>>
Hey. If youre just trying to look better optimizing for efficiency verse simplicty

Do stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength. That plan will tell you what to do. Its easy and takes about 30 minutes for a skinnyfat or fatty fat like you to life the bar 25 times different ways. Believe me when i say watching your lift numbers go up will motivate you to keep going.

Then fill the rest of the time with biking at the "fat burn" heartrate. Google it to find yours.

Im not in awesome shape. Fucked around on off not following through for long time. Been going for my longest consecutive streak since i started and its kuz i do starting strength and my numbers keep going up.
>>
>I don't really care about getting stronger or more healthy, I just want to look better.

If you want any benefits from exercise to contribute to how you look, then yes you are going to get more healthy and in better physical shape. That's what exercise does.

In the pursuit of any skill, you want to look up the best resources out there on having the smartest approach possible to getting the best results possible. You want a smart educated routine from day one. Why? Because a subpar strategy never gives you amazing results. Do a subpar strategy infinitely and you'll never get there. Biggest waste of time there is. Sink as much time as you can into doing your homework on how to get good as quickly and effectively as you can. Upgrade your strategy over and over again until it works. Find the most reputable sources of info telling you how to get world class. Find the most talented successful people and research what they studied and did to get there.

Reddit has a good fitness page. Check that out. Theres a guy who made a thread over there who got his deadlift to 500 pounds in one year without roids or anything. You can have sick results too. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/67xh8q/finally_hit_my_goal_after_11_months_1300_total/

>What do I do at the gym
You want to decide exactly what physical results you want to have. And you want a workout routine that uses the best exercises in the smartest possible way to use those exercise to get those results as quickly as possible. You don't need a PERFECT one. You just need one that does the job. Defining your workout goals are important. Different long term goals ask for different exercises.

Don't just take advice from ppl on /fit/ or /adv/ about getting in shape. They're most likely uninformed young kids who are going to give you a garbage strategy on improving and mislead you. Do what I said and go find higher better sources of advice.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.