[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan Fatigue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: its yo boy ghostface.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
its yo boy ghostface.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
I don't understand this place anymore. I mean it was always kind of shit but there was usually break periods where something stupid or funny would get posted.

these days all the popular boards argue about bullshit for entire days and complain about things that they supposedly hate but watch or read anyway. Then 2011 ended, the election happened and everybody is constantly at each others throats.

What's the point? I can't deal with the chan lifestyle anymore. It stresses me out to no end. I used to love this place.

Not sure where to post this so if I'm on the wrong board sorry.

Does anyone else feel like this?
>>
Yes.

I'm at the point where I don't have any other websites to visit anymore because everything has become "sign up, make an account, link your account". Facebook/ Myspace era is dead, people aren't trying to meet anymore. All the internet did was show people that life is just as boring elsewhere as it is where you are.

Remember the "fat girl angle" where chicks would take pictures from above to try and hide their double chin? I miss those days. Easy ass emo chicks who cut wrists and suck dick.
>>
Yeah I feel the same
I have felt it before
Usually I just find something else on the Internet to distract myself from this place for a year or two then come back
>>
For me, I first noticed a massive culture change when "u mad" became a meme.

It immediately cut off all further discussion or exchange of new ideas and opinions. Instead of arguing a point or adding any unique perspective, all anyone immediately did when their point was challenged is respond with "u mad".
>>
>>18273174
How long you've been on 4chan? Cause that's relatively old.
>>
>>18273183
About 2009
>>
>>18273174
Pretty much this, except that the problem isn't the users, it's the moderation. Actual discussion threads that they don't like get deleted, while pepes and shitposting are allowed to take over everything. There was a large culture shift in the userbase around 2009-2011 when 4chan became far more conservative (presumably as a reaction to mainstream opinion turning more liberal), but the things that actually killed killed it were stormfaggotry and gamergate, which were amplified by shitty mods that don't understand the Streisand Effect instead of being allowed to quietly run their course.
>>
>>18273202
Me too. That's why it sounded so familiar lol.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.