[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /adv/. Yesterday I received and missed a call by an unknown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1485153313299.jpg (275KB, 700x388px) Image search: [Google]
1485153313299.jpg
275KB, 700x388px
Hey, /adv/.

Yesterday I received and missed a call by an unknown number. Being ignorant, I made a big mistake and decided to call back. It was not an automated tape or a bot that answered. Instead, the person who answered the phone seemed to reply in another language which I couldn't make out. I hung up about 5 to 10 seconds after realizing what I've just done. I suspect there is a high possibility that the call came from scammers from a third or second world country, possibly Guinea.

Now I'm terrified as fuck of getting more calls, my number and possibly dox getting sold, getting expensive invoices and demand notes, getting signed up for contracts I didn't legally sign, etc.
I now just read some articles and they basically said that it's scam indeed and that I should send in formulas to my state's Federal Network Agency and report the offense to the police. I still have the number and can show it to relevant people.

What can and should I do now?
What may happen in the following months?
>>
you're worried about what now?
>>
>>18272678
I'm mainly worried about receiving false contracts and getting invoices from debt collection agencies.
>>
Just two hours ago another number in the same range called me again.
>>
>>18272852
wow they know your number
what are they gonna do, cite you as their emergency contact?
>>
Honestly OP, nothing will happen. It does not work like this, and these articles you read online are made because they get tons of views from people like you.

Just ignore foriegn or private calls.

I feel your pain through. I have a similar paranoia problem. I have no idea what to do when I get in states like you are now.

Hopefully you can relax, as from someone looking from the outside, you have absolutly nothing to fear.
>>
Use Truecaller and block spam preemptively.
>>
>>18272682
>>18272852
Literally what information do you think they gained from you calling them? They already had your number, and therefore anything that's attached to that, like your name and rough geographical location.
>>
>>18273088
>Just ignore foriegn or private calls.
I've learned my lesson, the hard way but at least I know not to be too curious now. I'm blocking the numbers now and I may change my mobile phone number soon.

If, and I really mean "if", there will be letters from certain debt collecting agencies, I will respond with templated sample letters. Realistically, I think the worst thing that will happen now is a higher phone bill but that's not really a problem.

>I feel your pain through. I have a similar paranoia problem. I have no idea what to do when I get in states like you are now.
This happens to me fairly often too, I'd get paranoid about random things and then I'm questioning everything. It feels bad. And then I'm unable to think of and do anything else.

>Hopefully you can relax, as from someone looking from the outside, you have absolutly nothing to fear.
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words, I feel much better now after thinking about the whole situation over and over again and my relatives somehow calmed me down too.

>>18273130
Maybe they were flooding calls through randomly generated numbers, to fill a certain quota; the original number has been reported over 50 times in my country already.
I think the only thing I did by now was confirming that my number exists.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.