[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

igiveup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is it too late for me to get it right?

I'm a 19 M, been a freshman in college for about a year now.

Jobless.

Clueless with women.

Suicidal.

Drunk and high right now, I just don't know where to turn. I don't feel like I'm going anywhere anytime soon, no matter how hard I'd try, it won't matter.

I don't feel like I've contributed at all to our species. I don't even think I'm capable of contributing anything worthwhile to our species. I've been feeling this helpless for a while, and I know it's getting in the way of me seeing a brighter future (before I'll lose it all in death)

How do you go about feeling like less of a waste of space in life?
>>
getting out more, working out, trying harder, eating better, talk to therapist. really anything to better yourself or you'll stay in the state that you're in.
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 380x380px
>>18272472
At your age i was fat retarded introvert nerd who was basically
>waste of space
The only difference between you and me was that i wasnt making whiny threads about it on 4chan. In reality i didnt give a fuck.

I suggest you to drop all drugs (both legal and illegal), start doing better in school (if you are dumb, just find a job and drop out), adopt a sport, brush your teeth and get a gf. Also start playing some games and read some books instead of degenerate drugs.

Cheers!
>>
>>18272480
Fair enough. I'm no retard I'm just a whiny little bitch trying to find some meaning in life

You're right about these drugs, they're not helping in the slightest.
>>
>>18272482
Does this means you stopped feeling suicidal? Sometimes i am myself amazed on how little is more than enough.

Also try >>18250471 to snatch some qtie.
>>
>>18272492
Of course not, but any change in perspective is enough to get me through the day.

Thanks!
>>
>Drunk and high right now, I just don't know where to turn.
Stop drinking and getting high. For reals, the first makes you depressive during and after, the second makes you too self absorbed to be outwards oriented and kills your motivation.

>I don't feel like I'm going anywhere anytime soon
It's okay anon, thing don't change overnight or from one bout of action no matter how much we'd all like that.

First, stop trying to fit your life into some societal mold where you achieve X by age Y because you'll never be content, accept that you're "behind" or more realistically accept that you're in a different boat. Identify what you want to achieve and whether's that short-term or long-term and work on them. You'll be bound to need other people and in that case ignore your pride sometimes. The battle is never lost until you give up, and when you start winning you'll see that it's never really won, you never really get your shit together so can relax and sit with your legs on the table. Either learn to struggle to achieve and love that struggle, or don't and accept that you won't achieve much , both are painful in their own way.

>I don't feel like I've contributed at all to our species. I don't even think I'm capable of contributing anything worthwhile to our species

If you survive, you're contributing, if you make some more people then ever more so. That's the biological stance, every other is even more arbitrary. Humanity, our species, is an abstraction that great people might have been motivated by, but in reality it became just a hollow word, want to improve humanity? Be less of an asshole to other people, only those who deserve it and try to get other people to not be assholes all the time, right now in our times where we are more connected than ever
but more estranged from one another, a simple act of kindness or help is a greater contribution to humanity than any great invention that's gonna be used for everything else except for what it was intended.
>>
>>18272472
>19 M, been a freshman in college for about a year now.
World is literally your oyster. You're 19 and things can easily seem dramatic or ridiculous,maybe world ending.
But seriously your whole life is ahead of you,and if you're 19 a freshman in college you're Miles ahead of people who are 30+

Stop going to /r9k/
>>
>>18272511
I copy and pasted your post to my notes so I could ruminate on what you said.

Thank you for the insight, I'm really lost these days and maybe suffering for something I care about would make a difference
>>
>>18272548
You're totally right, I AM young. It's just that my mind tricks me into thinking I've already thrown my life away
>>
Oh shit man you're only 19 LOL, come bro, you've got hella time to get your shit together.
>stop smoking and drinking
>start exercising, even if its just walking
>find hobbies, everyone likes something, find your something and git gud
>take baby steps
>tell yourself you WILL succeed
>i believe in u op
>>18272472
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.