[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 272181350_5e2cc4368b_b.jpg (436KB, 1024x891px) Image search: [Google]
272181350_5e2cc4368b_b.jpg
436KB, 1024x891px
I want to leave my girlfriend.
I find it hard to admit to myself. It has been this way for about a week. We have almost broken up before, but lately I have been thinking about it with almost no emotional investment. I am just tired. We have been together for over a year but I am feeling done.
She (for the millionth time) spiraled down into a rant about how terrible her life and our relationship is. She said she never wants children. I feel like I was lied to because she has been saying she does. She went on about how she doesn't want kids for a few minutes.
We are mostly incompatible. Politics, spirituality, etc. I told myself that, "that stuff isn't that important". Here is some advice to you: It is. Maybe not at first, but it will, if you have any integrity in your values.
She is depressing as fuck. Her whole attitude on everything sucks. I can say without a doubt that she will be miserable for the rest of her life. I made excuses for this at first. I told myself I could "help her". I can't, and I don't want to anymore.
She is emotionally abusive and has separated me from everything and everyone I like.
So why am I still with her? Guilt? Every morning I wake up its like everything has been "reset" to a normal relationship. The hundreds of photos and videos from our relationship that remind me of every heartwrenching moment I have loved her. The sense that all this time and effort has been wasted. The very certain fact that she will drag my name through the mud.
I live with her. I tried to end it a few months ago and she threatened suicide. I agreed to stay with her but live separately.
Side note: she had been threatening to move out for months so this next part is hilarious.
A week later she asked me to move back in and I agreed. Haha I am dumb as shit.
How dumb am I? Well I recently just re-signed a lease to live with this girl for another whole year! I am secondary on the lease if that means anything.
I am 25 years old and ready to have a god-damn life.
>>
>>18272195
since you can't sack up have fun living with her for the rest of your life and being miserable. Either that or of course break up and bail.
>>
bruh... why would you resign the lease... you dumbass.

that being said, im in the same boat but been in it longer. I can't leave just like you. I'm not happy, she's not happy.

The only thing I can surmise to say is that we (me for sure) are scared to be alone.

My gf is the same as yours and probably worse in some areas. She drinks consistently and keeps saying she wants a life together and to be married, yet takes no steps towards doing any of this and holds me back.

Some days I wake up the happiest man alive that this woman is in my life and that I would take on the world for her. Most days its dreadful thinking of the dull, mundane, and annoying arguments we'll have.

Sorry, I'm not much for advice but I wanted to vent too and not start a new thread.

Pro tip: If you feel this way after a year, just end it. Don't invest 4 years of back and forth, and being in a toxic environment. It only gets worse, as we get older. (I'm 26 -> 27)
>>
>>18272200
I have said this to myself more than once, and it scares the Hell out of me.

>>18272210
I am actually not that afraid to be alone. I am in a sense, but confident I could find someone better. Its good to know I am not alone. Well it kinda sucks actually, because I don't want anybody else to feel this, but not as lonely now.

I keep coming back to the same stupid excuse: " she hasn't fucked up bad enough to dump". I have never broken up with anyone before, and find it hard to do now.
>>
desu
>>
>>18272240
>"she hasn't fucked up bad enough to dump"
>I have never broken up with anyone before

These two are opposite sides of the same coin. If you have ever dumped someone before you'd know that the first statement above is 100% false. You don't owe anyone being in a relationship if you aren't happy.

Relationships are supposed to be FUN. They're supposed to make you HAPPY at least 80% of the time.

If your ratio is consistently below 80% they don't have to have done a single goddamn bad thing to justify being dumped. They aren't your family, you don't owe them your fidelity and loyalty.

Now get out there and find someone you ACTUALLY LIKE being around.
>>
Sounds like she may be borderline. That's a tough one to escape.
Check out "stop walking on eggshells" book on torrent or library.
Mine would calm down quite a bit after "trapping" me in a lease.
Check out the song "50 ways to leave your lover" for some courage.
You can do it! You need to do it!
>>
>>18272331
She is. I didn't want to say it in the OP. Sadly, I have lost sympathy for her on this. I am sorry to anyone dealing with that illness, but stay far away from me. I am so used to her I can't see how crazy she looks to others half the time.

It seems like every time she gets her way/we progress in the relationship. She wigs out.
>>
This is depressing OP. I hope you can escape that demon soon. Even if you have to pay double rent.
>>
>>18272293
This makes sense. Thank you.

I just had a scary thought. What if I wake up tomorrow and just let everything go back to normal? Fuck. I promised this person everything and I feel so bad leaving them. She is just a miserable human being though, and it is ruining my life. I really don't want to resign myself to this. Any tips for breaking a lease?
>>
>>18272346
Can you move in back with your parents for the time being?
>>
>>18272693
If I wanted to they would say yes in an instant. That is what I did last time.
>>
>>18272338
I have BPD. After reading what you've said about the situation, it's pretty clear you should leave her.

She isn't going to take it well at all, might threaten suicide or self-harm, but you have to understand that this is not your fault. And in the end, it's far better that you both be apart so she has time to work on herself and maybe engage with therapy or start medication.

I'm afraid I can't really advise on how to go about breaking up, but one thing I will say is that you absolutely have to stick to your guns once you've done it. Remove her from your life, and let her do the same to you. Those feelings never really go away and with BPD where everything is super raw, being 'just friends' or flip-flopping after will just cause immense pain to her and a great deal of pain for you. Don't let guilt trick you into thinking 'maybe we can make it work', you've just got to get it over with and let her burn herself out. Anything that she threatens you with or blames you for is not your fault, you have a right as a human being to end an unhealthy relationship when necessary.

BPD fucking sucks and I feel for her in that respect, but you can't let yourself get dragged down any more by this relationship. It can never be healthy until she's learned to manage it. Best of luck.
>>
>>18273115
Maybe do that so you don't have to be around her.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.