[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got in an argument about religion with gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I have been with a moderate muslim girl since August and things went generally well even though we are from different backgrounds...until today.

I am a firefighter and we started to talk about Ramadan and I said I would be uncomfortable working with a muslim firefighter doing it. I said it would hamper his performance and would not only endanger his life and his collegues but the lives of victims too.

It's a demanding job and you have to be at your 100%. She started to argue that the fire department should be more inclusive and adapt to the needs of minorities which I totally disagreed because it's the duty of the employee to know about the requirements for the job and adapt, not the contrary. I even told her that in some arab countries, muslim firefighters are allowed to drink/eat a little because it's their job. And that's cool with me but persisted that religion and work can be together. She then said the muslim can drive the truck but that's a position reserved to older firefighters, respecting your elders. Then she started saying that's white people mentality and white priviledge which I just hung up.

Am I in the wrong here? Just want to hear your opinions
>>
>>18271681
Lmfao
>dating a muslim
>dating a muslim thats talks like a liberal

Here's some advice, don't date filth.
>>
You're right and not being unreasonable.
>>
>>18271681
You're doomed in that line of argument
When it comes to life and death, Muslims believe it is God's will that determines it, regardless of human factors
If you die in an accident, it's because Allah wanted you to die.
My uncle was a doctor in Abu Dhabi. That's what he had to deal with all the time.

You can't make her change her mind in that line of argument.

Here's a conundrum to pose to her
>You believe that Muslims should respect Ramadan
>Yes
>So you believe that the Qu'ran should be respected
>Yes
>Then you believe that women should be subservient to men at all times
>...
>I order you to believe what I do

If she is truly Muslim, she will follow your instructions as the Qu'ran instructs
>>
>>18271681
You need to learn which fights you want to pick.

Also, let's not pretend that all firefighters are the pinnacle of health and wellness.
>>
>>18271732
She generally complies with what a
I say and sometimes her feminist western woman comes up but it's easy to handle.

The problem is that she agreed with all I said...but still wanted the majority to bend to the minority. I mean there are around 10 muslim firefighters in my department...for a total of 2400. It's nonsense, religious secularism is one of the most important value of the west and we seem to forget that
>>
>>18271791
>religious secularism is one of the most important value of the west
300% agree
It's what separates us from the barbarians

There's a saying
>You can't reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into

Maybe you can't get your GF out of your musulman zone.
But you an at least highlight the hypocrisy
Double down on that "I AM A MAN. MOHAMMED DEMANDS YOU TO LISTEN TO ME"
Then if she says "fuck off" as she should, tell her why that and not other aspects of Islam?
But she's likely to tell you to fuck off anyways
>>
>>18271774
True but I can confirm you that after a fire, you are completely dehydrated and doing Ramadan is pure suicide. I usually drink half a gallon after a fire and still thirsty.
>>
>>18271800
Cool. Then only have them take nights during Ramadan so they are free to drink all they want.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for fighting over this in the first place.
>>
TFW no Muslim gf
>>
>>18271911
His gf is an idiot for thinking she knows better than her bf what his work place policy should look like
>>
File: 1477715336569.gif (2MB, 236x132px) Image search: [Google]
1477715336569.gif
2MB, 236x132px
>>18271681
Moderate does not exist. Islam will always be their number one priority.
And yes, you are right. Your girlfriend is a degenerate for thinking like this.
>>
>>18271681
I agree with you, but you will never win an argument with a religious person. All you can do is agree to disagree. Stand up for yourself and what you believe tho. If she thinks this argument is the deal breaker of your relationship, all the better as she wasn't worth your time.
>>
>>18271911
Or you could not do that and just say, Dudes, you chose to be fucking firefighters, it is your responsible to make sure you're fit to do the job during the shifts we assign to you.

Refusing to bend over backwards to accommodate somebody's beliefs isn't discrimination.
>>
>muslim
>let him drive the truck

FUCK NO! THAT'S A GOD DAMN TRAP!
>>
It's also worth noting that that's simply not how most fire departments work - firefighters typically work 24-hour shifts. Assigning individuals to 'work nights' simply isn't how fire departments are designed to operate.
>>
>>18271681
I think you both have strong points, untill she mentioned that the firestation should respect the minorities.

As far as I know, all muslims should fast as long as it doesn't endanger themselves or affect them too negatively. Pregnant women, children, elderly etc are not allowed to fast. What I take that as is that you are excused to skip fasting in certain cases, it's supposed to be a choice to fast.

I don't wanna talk too much about this topic because i'm not really qualified for that. But I think you are overreacting a little bit. A fasting person doesn't automatically mean that they become weaker or can't do their job well. It depends on the person. You see fighters trying to cut weight for a match all the time and no one bats an eye about that. But I'm still saying that your point is valid, but to a certain extent.
>>
>>18271681

If she's dating somebody who isn't Muslim, hasn't she already shown complete disrespect for both the religion and her family anyway?

She's talking about potentially endangering the lives of the people you are there to save, just to "be fair" to Muslims, when she can't even stop herself from dating someone out of her community.

She already hates you deep down for being white and this will be an ongoing argument in your relationship. Prepare to get the blame for absolutely everything, CIS white scum.
>>
>>18272814
I kind of agree with your statement about moserate muslim. I compare them to the silent majority of germans under nazi rule.

>>18272824
I knew the relationship will not last, we are too different

>>18272831
Lol

>>18272842
That's what I told her but the way she was saying it, it's the intolerant whitey's fault that can't adapt to other cultures, that we should be inclusive and understand each other more. I just replied it's easier to do so if it's the minority that adapts. About fighters cutting weight, you know they aren't fighting while fasting right? Would you be confident in saying that a fasting fighter would be equal to an unfasted opponent?

>>18272843
That's a good observation but she and her family are a little more liberal. Yes she does blame white people a lot but I just laugh and carry on
>>
>>18272834
I've always wondered why they do such long shifts, seems like it's asking for trouble if there is a long difficult task near the end of the 24 hours
>>
>>18272989
Because it's more convinient, you get more free time and do something else. We are used to it so it's not a problem, we can do the job even if we had a hard day
>>
>>18271681
she's indoctrinated, bro.
You're going to want to move on.
Don't be so desperate in the future.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.