[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have come to a moral conundrum. I am competing with this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Illegal.jpg (108KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Illegal.jpg
108KB, 1200x630px
So I have come to a moral conundrum. I am competing with this guy at work. I need his job but I don't know if I will get it. I really REALLY need it because it will be less stressful and pay a lot more than what I am currently doing atm... He is an illegal immigrant/undocumented worker. If I report him to ICE he will get deported and I will get the job... but I will probably feel like a piece of shit for a long time. What should I do /adv/
>>
Don't do it, your soul is worth more than money.

And by "soul" I don't mean it in a religious way, you will just not be able to be happy, if you had it in you to do evil you wouldn't even consider if it is right or wrong.
>>
Do it, he can get a job in his own country.
>>
I would do it. Think of it in this situation. If he were in your position, would he hesitate? I doubt it
>>
NO. Dont do it man. Long term bad conciouss will really fuck you over bro. As a civillian normal person as I'm thinking you are it will only ruin your life. Just try to play it straught at narrow man. You're going to think about this shit for a long time. I did a lot of fucked up but legal shit and I still think about what a fucking prick I was sometimes, and sometimes I want to kill myself. Just be good guy, man. You.ll certainly never regret it..
>>
>>18271553
I understand the situation and why it's difficult but that person shouldn't even be in this country. They came here illegally broke our laws and took a job that an American could have had. I think OP would be committing no wrong if he reported him.

Besides the laws of this country being on your side, it boils down to how it would effect you. If the guilt of doing this is too great then don't. If you don't mind then do it.
>>
>>18271553
Report him
Jesus
How is this even a question?

What he did was steal your job.
He didn't intend to do it, but he did nonetheless

If someone skips inspection on a machine and it poisons a food supply, that person is responsible for that poisoning, even if they didn't intend it

Intention has not matter on the crime.

He stole your job. He jumped in front of the queue of immigration.

If you cheat, you risk losing
You can make him lose
He deserves to lose for cheating the system.
For benefiting from the roads and the police and fire departments.

Think about who pays for the roads.
And you'll know what to do
>>
>>18271603
>>18271601
>>18271581

Please dont listen to these people. I completely get the point and understand why. But you're going to feel like an asshole eventually. Better to have a clear conciouess. But do whatever you want.. Dont say I didnt warn you about what this will do to your mind.
>>
>>18271603
Bootlicker
>>
>>18271613
I'd do it and feel completely clean
Don't skip the fucking queue

If some asshole pushes me back in line and then acts upset that the clerk sends him to the beginning, how is that going to weigh on me?

Just because you don't "see" him jumping queue, it doesn't mean he didn't.

He pushed people out of the line and said "Fuck you. I'm going first"
It's like someone shoplifting to skip a long check out.
>>
File: IMG_2883.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2883.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
It depends. If you believe he has every right to compete with you in a fair fight, then don't do it.

If you believe the company would rather higher a minority to be 'fair' and diverse, if you believe they would be sympathetic to him, If you believe he has cheated his way in, doesn't pay tax, probably doesn't give a fuck about you as a 'fellow countryman', thinks he is above the law that people like me who are applying the legal way (been waiting 2 years), then do it. It's called outsmarting him, and if he didn't want to play in the same system as you, he should have picked an off-the-radar job where he wouldn't be taking a job from a regular citizen like you.

Just my two cents, or as he should be earning at home, pesos.
>>
>>18271615
How you liking those roads, mate?
How about that power grid?
And water?
>>
File: IMG_2900.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2900.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Fuck yeah homie. Fucking up your life and losing a dream job to some Gibsmedat guy who doesn't even pay taxes? No brainer. Just think, less ethical guys than you would bash his skull in in an alley and no one would know, but that doesn't mean you have to bend over and take it because it would be 'mean and wong' to stop an illegal parasite from cucking you.

If you feel bad, anonymously drop him some dollars so he can afford to buy back the house he sold to come and steal your job illegally.
>>
>>18271624
>It's like someone shoplifting to skip a long check out.
If the check out is not in a store but instead in some part of the woods and there's no line and everything is free because it's sticks and rocks
>>
How the fuck is this even a question? Illegals are literally taking our jobs and you're just going to sit back and let that happen? Who gives a shit about how you feel. They should be working in their countries and making it better instead of being over here anyway. Do your country a service.
>>
>>18271642
Stop being so literal.

Immigration is indeed a line
Illegal immigration is skipping that line

Just like shoplifting.
My analogy is apt
>>
>>18271628
What amount op has paid for them is by working, not by being born here. Dude op wants to murder for $20 is a better worker than him and almost certainly a better person. I certainly know who I'd rather have as a neighbor
>>
>>18271654
>What amount op has paid for them is by working, not by being born here.
Yes this is true
But that illegal hasn't
At all
You don't pay taxes if you're an illegal
Literal freeboating parasite
>>
>>18271653
Your analogy was broken and I fixed it. Op waited in no line, he just went to the store and started talking things
>>
>>18271682
You didn't fix it
You removed the analogy and made it literal

OP didn't wait in line
But every other legal immigrant did
>>
>>18271661
>You don't pay taxes if you're an illegal
Well that's just not true. Many illegal immigrants pay taxes, even the ss and medicare they'll never get to use, and if op works someplace that pays under the table it's likely nobody's paying their taxes.
>>
>>18271695
>But every other legal immigrant did
Which is relevant to op because?????
>>
>>18271699
How the fuck does an illegal pay taxes?
Explain me this bullshit
>>
>>18271705
If someone does a crime to someone else, I still report the criminal

Just because he didn't rob me, I am still right to report him

By your logic, all murderers should go free.
Because after all, who is there left to complain?
>>
>>18271708
Same way as everyone else. The IRS doesn't give a shit
>>
>>18271713
In Canada I need to enter my SIN to file my taxes
>>
>>18271711
Nobody has had a crime committed agaist them.
>>
>>18271719
If I use a pickaxe to destroy a road, who specifically have I made a crime against?
Illegals make crime against a collective
Just like destroying a road
>>
>>18271603
>What he did was steal your job.

Wasn't his job to be stolen.

>Think about who pays for the roads.

How much are you paying for those roads you're using?
>>
>>18271729
More than an illegal
>>
>>18271721
People that break the speed limit are committing a crime. Should you turn in every person that ever speeds?
>>
>>18271721
Illegal immigrants don't destroy anything by working without papers
>>
>>18271733
I suspect there's a pretty good chance you don't.
>>
>>18271717
To file, but not to pay. You probably got a refund from filing
>>
>>18271735
On principle yes

But speeders are "victimless" criminals.
If they did not do their crime, nothing would have changed
If OP's criminal did not exist, he would have that job
The two are not exactly alike.

>>18271736
In OP's case he is.
He's destroying OP's chance at advancement

But ignoring that
Using a road s destroying that road
Roads are destroyed by anyone who uses them
All citizens pay for that destruction.
Illegals destroy a road and not pay for it
Remove them
>>
>>18271553
Bahaha send him back, anon. The fact that he's even in this country means he has already broken a law.
>>
>>18271738
I did
Because my work was on the books
I was on the books and therefore in the government's judgement to whether I deserve a refund or not.
To be "in the books" I needed a SIN and an identity
Can you get a job that publishes your employment to the government without a SIN?
>>
>>18271553
Do it. I get that you feel bad but in the end you are entitled to have a fair shot at the job, and some illegal immigrant who can work for below minimum wage isn't fair competition for you or any legal citizen. It's sad that this is even a debate.
>>
>>18271741
Speeding is dangerous to everyone on the road. Working is not.
Illegal immigrants as a people overpay for roads. If this buy doesn't pay taxes neither does op
>>
>>18271753
>as a people overpay for roads
How?
Taxes pay for roads

Illegals don't pay taxes
>>
>>18271741
>If OP's criminal did not exist, he would have that job

No, if OP's "criminal" did not exist, someone else would have had the job, and OP would still be in the shit position he is now. The position wouldn't have just stayed open indefinitely waiting for OP to come along and fill it.
>>
>>18271758
They often do.
>>
>>18271759
That position did not "wait" for OP
It was created then OP was judged against the illegal
How can you argue that the alien didn't "steal" that position?
>>
>>18271764
HOW?

I'm Canadian so maybe you southern fuckers have lower standards

But I pay taxes because my employer sends his employment forms to the government
His profits are taxed but deducted based on his on the books employees

And my taxes are reduced based on how much I earned through that filed employee sheet

My T4 forms are always in government hands
Shit, nowadays, I don't even fill anything in on my returns
I just look the numbers over and click "accept"

The government has everything I do, unless it's under the table
And under the table fags should be penalized or deported
>>
>>18271748
>Can you get a job that publishes your employment to the government without a SIN?
Yes.
>>
>>18271778
How the fuck does this work?
I'm not American
But that is not how it works in my government
>>
>>18271773
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/news/economy/undocumented-immigrant-taxes/

It's called Google. Literally took me less than 5 seconds.
>>
>>18271864
How the fuck do illegal file with Social Security?
Jesus Christ you Americans are fucked up
>>
>>18271766
I misread the original post where it said

> I need his job

I thought it was the illegal's job to begin with.

Regardless, we don't know that OP will get the job either way. OP may get the job even if he doesn't turn his co-worker in.
>>
>>18271876
Still worth to turn any illegals in

Same logic as punishing queue jumpers
>>
>>18271873
You fill out a form, then send them a check. It's pretty simple. Why would I need a SS to give the government money? Why would the government care?
>>
>>18271878
But we don't punish queue jumpers. We look down on them, and call them assholes, but it's not illegal.
>>
>>18271553
>an illegal immigrant is making more money than you

jesus christ dude, where exactly did it go wrong for you?
>>
File: 30t2i41.jpg.gif (908KB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
30t2i41.jpg.gif
908KB, 240x192px
"Illegals" is a dehumanizing term. And yet, you are a citizen. That MEANS something. Don't get distracted. The government should let more people in, but it doesn't, and the people who skip the queue are betraying their fellows.

They're working hard, desperate for a better life, but so are you. Even, especially if you're just trying to scrape by.

It's a conflict engineered by the neocons. Don't feel bad for being a pawn. This is actually a case where the compassionate option serves THEM. They *want* to destroy the lower-middle class of citizens with rights, and have undocumented workers with no rights.

Maybe don't report the person to ICE... But maybe bring it up with the employer. With a recorder.
You probably won't win, but maybe you can fuck up their greedy shitholes.

Recording law is seriously fucked up in most of the USA- what a coincidence. But with a little care, anyone can post anonymously.
>>
>>18271949
>The government should let more people in
Why
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.