[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working in a group project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1493075811799.gif (720KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493075811799.gif
720KB, 480x360px
I'm doing a group project for this college course and it's 20 percent of the grade and I appear to be the only person in the group who cares about getting stuff done. The other members have repeatedly insisted they would pull their weight, but the presentation/report is in two days and I'm the only one so far who's done anything. At this point, I figure it I do all the work or nothing gets done, but I acknowledge that's kind of a dick move since I'm also telling them that they're lazy and stupid. Plus, not to inflate my ego anymore, but I'd say I'm far better at this sort of stuff than any of them. Should I just go ahead anyway?
>>
I would recommend you email your teacher telling them the situation. Some professors sympathize and might grade you on a different criteria if they know you got put into a shit group. If you email the professor and they basically say to suck it up then I would recommend just doing the project unless you don't mind getting a bad grade. Also, email your teacher as soon as you can so it doesn't look like you just came up with an excuse.
>>
>>18271217
As someone who's been in your position - do it alone. They won't do a better job than you anyway. If you can, shit on them to your professor and serve some justice.
>>
>>18271239
>>18271248
Thanks. I should've mentioned that we're unfortunately all getting one grade, so I can't be a dick about it or email the professor.
>>
>>18271256
Sorry to hear that OP, group projects suck. I'm so glad to be working a job where I can work alone. I hope your project goes well despite everything.
>>
If it wasn't due in two days, talking to the professor is totally something you could have done. At this point they're just going to ask you why you didn't get in touch with them earlier. I would advise just doing it now, but keep in mind that you can talk to the professor about it for the future
>>
Would recommend sending an email to all of them before all else. Being slack with the deadline != not willing to do work, a lot of people tend to put work off until the last day. Try to see if this is the case.

If you decide to do all the work, do it in the background without saying anything. If the person chimes in at the last second and contributes, use their portion. If not, use yours in the submission instead. This way you can prevent any real conflict from occurring while still having something to submit.

On the plus side, the more work you do yourself the better you'll understand the material. So it could be a good way for preparing for the test.

And if certain people don't respond to your email, you could send another one some hours before the deadline mentioning that you'll go to the prof if they don't contribute. NOT AS A THREAT, but as a fair warning, so they have 100% of an idea of what they may be getting themselves into. I did this and it worked pretty well for me, however I do recognize that it's a risky move so you might want to hold off on it in your situation. However I do personally believe in giving people notice before going to a higher power, so they have the capacity to change before anything really drastic happens.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.