[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: plzhelp.png (2KB, 170x297px) Image search: [Google]
plzhelp.png
2KB, 170x297px
Hello, I found 4chan from some screenshots of people telling stories and I wanted to check it out myself. What are some basic tips/ things I should know? I read the general rules and FAQ, but I want to make sure if there was anything else to know.
Thank you!
>>
>>18271194
Whoa there buddy, you forgot to enter anything in the Name field. Be sure to enter a name and tripcode to make your 4chan experience go more smoothly. You wouldn't want people confusing you for another Anonymous, would you?
>>
Lurk moar

Like, a lot.

And remember this is still the internet. Everyone is a potential ass or troll and opinion is fact.
Beware of traps and check them dubs and trips.

Try different boards to find your clicks
>>
>>18271203
This. Not having a name is a dead give away that you don't know what you're doing.

Best piece of advice is to tell people you're new. This isn't the cancerous site full of insecure man children that people would have you believe. Just start a thread introducing yourself (don't forget the name field) and you will be welcomed with open arms. Hope this helps!!
>>
>>18271194
Welcome friend! How old are you currently?
>>
>>18271203
>>18271226
I think I did the name thing right?
>>18271237
19, I kept hearing about this website and I got curious. I am trying to figure it out..
>>
>>18271251
Looks good! :-) (You should use more smileys btw, makes you seem more friendly ;-) )
>>
>>18271285
Okay :-)
>>
>>18271292
Looks like you got the hang of it! I guess my last piece of advice would be to just be yourself. If you see something racist/homophobic/bigoted then call that person out on it. Don't scold them but explain to them why that behavior is wrong. Besides that, I think you should be fine! XD
>>
>>18271304
Thanks! Everyone seems really nice.
>>
>>18271194
Wow welcome to 4chan, friend!

Remember to use double spaces like this if you have multiple sentences.

It's very hard to read for people on smaller screens if you don't.

Just be considerate!

Everyone is welcome here. We are a family!! We love one another <3 :-) :-)

Welcome to OUR FAMILY, Scarlett!

My best advice is to get right into it!

Take the information you've learned here, and hop right on over to >>>/pol/

They'll love it!

Again, welcome to the website!!
>>
>>18271210
clique*
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.