[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared of women.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 595.png (351KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
595.png
351KB, 653x490px
I'm scared to talk to women. The last time I tried I thought I was in love with this girl but she rejected me pretty harsh. When ever I see an attractive I look the other way. How do I build more confidence?
>>
you try, you fail, you keep trying and learn from your mistakes
need motivation? we're here for you
don't quit, it's always better to keep pushing through than to quit and blame the universe
>>
Success if about acting confident more than being confident. Being confident is supreme, but skulking around like a scared cat is probably the lowest. Just don't do that, no matter how unconfident you feel.

Social anxiety is sometimes unavoidable, but don't specifically get scared of, "Oh no, women!" *Cowers.*
>>
>>18270651
Build up your confidence. Say hello to colleagues. Make small talk with neighbors.

When I see these kinds of threads I always wonder, what do the guys look like? So please, if you will, show us what you look like. It will provide context.
>>
>>18270664
>>18270672

Thanks also how would you guys go about striking up a conversation with a random girl like on a bus or train?
>>
Talk to inanimate objects until you feel more comfortable talking to yourself.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>18270681
you usually don't do that unless the situation allows itself to unfold
i mean that's kinda weird
>>
>>18270676

I don't feel comfortable with doing that sorry but thank you for the advice. I could try describe myself.

Slim
German/black
People say I'm handsome but I don't seem to grab peoples attention other than people grilling the shit out of me. Like openly staring with a blank face.
>>
>>18270681
>how to talk to a girl on the train

As someone who isn't very high functioning, I can sympathize with you, but I don't think you are very misinformed. The best way to start positive relationships with new friends and potential partners is to have a life.

"Do I need to have a life to get friends and potential partners?"
No, you don't. I don't either, but I'm telling you that having a meaningful existence is more important than sulking and trying to get laid based on no merit. You'll end up getting a shitty women like that, and the cycle will repeat until you break it.

Also you need to get involved in something social fast, before you continue to become disconnected from what is socially normal.
>>
>>18270687

So getting a girls attention and letting her know i find her attractive is a no go?
>>
>>18270695

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to get into sports not to meet girls but just to have something to get me more social.
>>
There's no real "one weird trick" to some things, other than to just do them.

You don't have to go full board right away if you're not comfortable. Start with just small talk with women. Learn that they are not a different species from men, we're all just flawed and human, so there's no reason to put them on a pedestal .

After you start just talking to women, start trying to talk more naturally and casually with them. Make jokes, smile, talk how normal people talk to friends instead of feeling like you must be on your "best behavior". Don't be a dick, but contrived politeness is unnatural and boring.

After that, make your goal to start playfully flirting and hitting on them.

From there, get numbers.

I find that older women are more receptive to compliments, probably because they don't get them as often and aren't reminded by society that they are beautiful as much. It's less pressure to kinda hit on some hot 40+ year old. From there, you can start flirting with women your own age.

Also, not every compliment to a women has to be because she's hot and you'd like to date her. If you admire something about a woman, even if she isn't "your type" and you feel no particular attraction, compliment it anyway, the same way people compliment others of their own sex. She has a cool cardigan? Tell her that. Compliments are human things, not just strategies to get laid or something.
>>
>>18270704
you can do it if you have a social life like anon said
talking to random strangers on bus or train is weird anon
>>
>>18270713
good idea

you might think what you need at the moment is a girl, but after a while of going out with friends you'll find that *good* friends are very enjoyable in their own way

once you start increasing your life position (whether it's you become a wealthy materialist or a more devoted ascetic, even just better at league of legends or cs go) you'll start exuding confidence. with that confidence you go where the single women are to get laid. once you have at least a middle-class income, you can start looking for a wife if that's something that interests you.

your life starts after you get a life and engage in it. I wish it wasn't so hard for certain personalities, but you can't expect every mode of society to cater to everyone. maybe if you find some friends with brains like yours, you'll feel more understood and less alone (assuming)

good luck friend and keep up the good work
>>
>>18270693
Get the fuck out of Europe terrorist
>>
>>18270693
Wo kommst du aus?
>>
>>18270651
It's normal to be nervous around women. But like many guys said here, focus on getting more social. Stop masturbating, go out more, talk to people more.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable, thats the only way you can grow.
>>
Same here. It's probably the quality I hate most about myself.

Christ, I have so many cringey memories. One time in middle school, this chick I liked called me. I didn't recognize the number, she had got my number from one of my friends. I answered it and when I heard her voice, I panicked and hung up. So many people made fun of me for that.

Another time, this chick was talking to me and she kept getting closer to my face, and I literally started walking backwards.

I know that people say that a lot of guys are nervous around girls, but I can't imagine that most of those guys are as nervous as I am. If they were, the human species would probably go extinct.
>>
>>18270762
>once you start increasing your life position (whether it's you become a wealthy materialist or a more devoted ascetic, even just better at league of legends or cs go) you'll start exuding confidence

This is so true. You can't expect to be confident if you're a NEET who browses 4chan all day
>>
Is it acceptable to talk to girls in college classes or your dorm or would they think you're a retarded creep fuck who obviously just wants to fuck them?
>>
>>18271664
It all depends on the context. But if you're a newbie when it comes to getting chicks, I would recommend you don't shit where you eat. You don't want to develop a bad reputation on campus.

I remember one time I was taking a class at a community college. There was a 6/10 girl sitting behind me, and a fat autist sitting next to her. The second day of our classes, the autist was chatting her up big time. I was cringing as I was listening to the whole conversation. He asked her if she wanted to get coffee after class sometime, and she said "sure" but you could tell she had absolutely no interest.

Sure enough, she never showed up to that class again after that day.
>>
>>18270651
Care to give a description of your appearance or post a pic if you're brave? I won't make fun obviously, just give you advice based on your appearance.

Improving your appearance and wardrobe (which I'm just assuming you'll have to do) should help.

Basically m8, I would first fix your appearance up a bit (provided it needs to be) and then just start with OKCupid and/or Tinder.

Not getting a message in return isn't as harsh as being rejected directly in person. It's just much easier to talk to a girl that way.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.