[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help being able to sleep again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0116.jpg (95KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
95KB, 1000x561px
Hey adv long post incoming.

I've only slept for 4 hours the last two days during the nights even though I have a job to do on daytime.

I can sleep but it's the dreams that I have that makes me not to. This has been happening for the last two years and I think it's time to admit there is a serious issue here. What happens is that I just blackout and wake up as you do without remembering what you dreamed of. But when I do remember these dreams they are always extremely uncomfortable. So uncomfortable and scary that they can bug me for weeks. I even have this dream from when I was a kid ( I'm 20 now) that I can recall sometimes. The dreams are not scary in a sense where there's a ghost or anything. The dreams feel extremely real. They always portray things that COULD happen in real life.

For instance there's this one person I just started meeting not too long ago. What happened was that this person lead me on to believe something that was quite the opposite and in turn shit didn't really turn out so good for him and me.

In this dream this person takes my place that I have with all of my friends and start spreading fake rumors about me.It ends up with me being left all alone, completely isolated. It all happens in a very natural fashion where it's just good enough to make me believe that this shit could actually happen but also neglect it because in reality the chances are like 0.0001. And that's the worst part are that the dreams are just good enough to make me go "shit, could that really happen"?
>>
File: 186.png (260KB, 393x395px) Image search: [Google]
186.png
260KB, 393x395px
>cont

And this happens with everything, not even when something good happens will it turn into a good dream. Not necessarily because how that works but you know what I mean. I get a gift and am really happy about it and the dream will make some weird shit up how my life gets fucked over just 'cause of that.

Weird thing is that I never think about shit like this it's only my dreams that have these worst case scenarios, since I never think about worst case scenarios unless it's a really big choice to make.

What do I do adv? I just want to fly in my dreams and have a good nights rest, It's been so long...
>>
Dreams are absolutely meaningless. They are the results of your brain processing information. Just learn to ignore them.
>>
>>18270414
Yeah I figured. Hoped for a way to just make them stop. Or rather not be as prevalent like they are today.
>>
>>18270436
Certain medicines, such as sleep aides, can make it more difficult to remember dreams. Many stop-smoking medicines have been known to cause very strange or unusually vivid dreams.
>>
>>18270441
Perhaps it would be worth a shot? Might change the tune of the dreams to somewhat bearable...
>>
>>18270398
I sugges you to adopt sport. Get yourself physically tired before going to bed.

Also having dreams mean your sleep inst as good as it could be. How is your life style? Stress, diet, mental issues, long term dreams, fat, too much light in your bedroom, temperature, comfy pillow?
>>
>>18270601
Before I started off with this job I was at the gym 5 days a week with a super strict diet. I can't recall encountering these types of dreams back then very often. I did party during cheatdays but no other time than that. Stress levels have been through the roof since 5 years back and it ain't coming down in a while.

Today is a different thing though. I get up at 8 am and come home at 10 pm. But I move a lot more now. So much my knees are aching. The diet and the gym has gone out the window. Fast food almost everyday. Subway. Gym is only happening on my days off. Thanks, i might have just figured out how to fix this because of writing all of this.
>>
>>18270641
>stress through the roof
Stress will kill you faster than junk food.

Realize that whatever shit is stressing you, it isnt worth it.
>>
I had the same issue like you do. Weird REAL horrible dreams. And I remember them, well not every single dream but at least 1 for a night..I tried lucid draming, but it didn't work out for me, but well it might help you, at least you won't need drugs
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.