[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird bouts of sleepiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0043.jpg (11KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
11KB, 227x227px
I have been having these weird bouts of sleepiness since like grade school and I am 26 now. What the guck has been happening to me?

I don't pass out but my eyes get heavy, I can't stand properly with stumbling, I start breathing heavy my eyes start to move erratically also. My friends say it looks like I am having a seizure or really drunk.

This usually happens to me when I am at work in meetings, when I am waiting on something as well.

I need help. I tried a doctor and they said it's probably not narcolepsy and that I need to improve my sleep "hygiene".

I go to sleep for minimum 7 hours every night. 8 Max.

This is a horrid feeling that I have never been able to shake. The only sure seems to be to shut my eyes for 10 mins or sudden physical activity.

But after I sit down from the physical activity, that sleepy mind fog feeling comes back in like 10 mins of sitting.

Help me.
>>
>>18270389
Are you physically fit/do you do any physical activity on a regular basis?
How does your nutrition look?
Do you do drugs?
>>
>>18270389
Doctor, I remember it might have something to do with heart and blood pressure.
If thats the case, you will want some meds on it.
>>
>>18270443
>Doctor
It might have come out wrong, I am not a doctor, I am sending you to one.
>>
>>18270428
I go to the gym 1-2 days a week for about 2-3 hours.

I don't do drugs.

My diet is mediocre. I eat a lot of good stuff but have a sizable amount of junk in there too.

I also almost never wake up rested unless I sleep until I wake up naturally. Even then, I feel mediocre at best.

I am just sick of not feeling awake. I know I was fucked up when I woke up and thought "wow! I can't wait to go back to bed this evening!"
>>
>>18270473
My best guesses are either some deficiency (minerals or else) or some heart/blood pressure issue.

In case of a deficiency, if your diet is not too bad, it may have several sources:
- you just don't get enough of that lacking mineral/vitamin/... in.
- your diet includes something that blocks certain minerals from being absorbed. For example, consuming dairy may lead to iron deficiency. Gluten sensitivity is another possibility, but dairy is more common. You could test this by simply avoiding any dairy for say 2 weeks and then consuming a moderate amount of it.
For me, dairy was the problem. I used to be tired all day long until I drastically decreased my dairy intake. Athletic performance has also gone way up.
- more complex physiological reasons a doctor might know of
>>
>>18270473
>>18270508
just yesterday I was having cheese after not consuming any dairy for weeks, and I've been tired since I got up and unable to concentrate
>>
>>18270508
What are some signs of lactose intolerance? I drink milk all the time. But is it possible I am intolerant? People have said I would know if I was because even a single glass of milk would fuck your guts up.

I also can't survive without milk. All my snacks and shit friend on it. My fav snack is peanut butter and gram crackers in milk.

My favorite breakfast is cereal and milk...
>>
>>18270579
Just as with gluten, most people aren't intolerant but many are sensitive. I'm not dairy intolerant either, I'll just fart disgustingly and be bloated all day after eating it.
Signs could include acne, inability to put on muscle, ... basically anything that's linked to hormones. Either the hormones contained in dairy can lead to some symptons, or the fact that dairy can "clogg up" the digestive track leads to your body not absorbing certain nutrients and not handling its own hormones very well. E.g.: milk is actually food for baby animals. Therefore, it contains large amounts of growth hormones. So, if you can consume dairy without problems, Whey protein will get you big. These growth hormones can lead to acne (note that you normally get that in the period of your life where you produce a lot of growth hormones yourself: puberty).

I totally get the part about dairy being key in your diet. I used to drink more than a liter of milk for my whole life, plus countless yogurts, cottage cheese, etc. However its been over a year and I don't miss it at all. Only way to find out if that's it is to avoid it for 1 or 2 weeks and then consume a decent amount.
>>
>>18270657
>>18270657

Including whey protein?
>>
>>18270389
i have the same thing, except i have these episodes accompanied by extremely long naps during the day. i have borderline anemia and my body doesn't process folic acid which causes me to be extremely tired so i have to take l-methyfoltate for it. i'm still always exhausted and have those bouts of droopiness so i was going to get a sleep study done soon because at this point i'm starting to suspect narcolepsy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.