[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i respond to a compliment when i don't agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3400.jpg (42KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3400.jpg
42KB, 640x435px
how do i respond to a compliment when i don't agree?
>>
>>18270053

depends. its kinda like someone stating their opinion on religion. yours doesnt actually matter, they'll believe what they want.
>>
>>18270073
that's true. but i can't help but feel mocked, even though i know that's not the intention.
>>
>>18270084

>the only way to not feel mocked is to turn down praise

so you realize this is pretty strictly YOUR issue and trying to denounce any compliment oyu disagree with is taking out your own issues on other people, yeh?

if someone compliments you roll with it, just be like 'you're too kind' which implies that you disagree but are responding positively.

it all ust depends though. i once slept with a guy and he dropped like ten compliments on me and i drew the line at 'smart'. he threw a little fit like 'WOW HWY CANT PEOPLE JUST TAKE COMPLIMENTS THESE DAYS JUST TAKE THE COMPLIMENT'

and i told him 'i just took 9 fucking compliments ina row, but we've only fucked you have no idea if im smart'.

so yeah if someones clearly kissing ass, go ahead and call em out.
>>
>>18270092
i donmt mean to "probe them they are wrong". i meant more, how do i act in such a situation since i feel awkward af and would like to just tell them to cut it out because they are being ridiculous.

kek. yeah, he definitely overdid it.
>>
>>18270099

a 'you're too kind' or simply saying 'thank you' and stomaching the issue, as it is yours and yours alone.

what compliments are you uncomfortable with?
>>
>>18270110
the problem is mainly that i don't feel confident with my looks at all atm. my bf keeps telling me how beautiful i am when i clearly look like shit and i can't bring myself to say "thank you" in a genuine tone. he also doesn't let it slip just like that. sometimes he goes on and tells me "you're not feeling the same, don't you?". to which i respond with a short "no" since i really don't want to discuss the topic any further. it just annoys me because it makes me think about all the shit i don't like about myself everytime he starts it again. and no, there's nothing i can really do about it atm. i'm pregnant and at that ohase where i'm just bloated af and i look like a fat cow and not wven pregnant and my skin is god damn dry and i am breaking out like crazy thanks to hormones, my hair drives me crazy, my lips are all fucked up, my whole digestion is betraying me, i've got a bladder infection, my boobs are sore i am constantly tired and feel like i'm going to vomit every moment. my body is NOT COMFORTABLE and it looks like shit and i would get rid of it if i could but i can't and he keeps mentioning it and i don't know how to make him stop.

sorry, hromone induced rant is over.
>>
>>18270134
Just because you have issues doesn't mean you're not beautiful to him. Beautiful is not a synonym for perfect. Instead of getting pissed that he doesn't agree with you maybe give him a kiss or some kind of affection for loving/caring about you enough to see beauty in you in spite of your flaws.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.