[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being a dumbfuck retarded person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.jpg (45KB, 467x379px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
45KB, 467x379px
Hey /adv/, I have a below average intelligence and to make matters worse, I'm pretty much socially retarded. Among my family member of successful person, I am the only one that is a failure of a fat useless slob who doesn't even know how to earn money at my age (almost 27). I know I don't deserve offspring to pass down my shitty genes and my inferiority so I don't think I need any kind of partner in my lifetime, but can /adv/ at least tell me how do I make myself smart, wise, intelligent, or anything that will improve my cognitive skills? I just want something that I can be proud of.
>>
Do you read or play video games? Anything to get your mind stimulated will help. Shitposting, watching TV or using social media will just continue to lower your IQ.
>>
>>18269834
>Shitposting
Well I've been browsing this shithole since 2008
Tried reading books about history but I had a hard time reading, like almost to an illiterate level because I keep skimming through the same sentence for 2-5 times before I fully understand what it meant. This comment alone took me around 2-3 minutes to spellcheck everything.
>>
For more context:

Have you taken a formal IQ test? If so what's your IQ?

And what do you think your IQ is?
>>
>>18269848
And you're not high?
>>
>>18269868
There's so many Iq test out there I don't know where to base my Iq, but I think it was 106, the average Iq of my colleagues were around 115-130 so I can safely say I'm actually below average.
>>18269871
Marijuana and drugs are never my thing. I'd say my brain probably has a problem or something since I can't even communicate properly.
>>
>>18269882

That's average though. If you're white, slightly above. And very average if you're east asian.
The correct statement is that you're of average intelligence, but below average when compared to colleagues.

But without a formal test it's hard to even say. However there are things you can use as indicators, with working memory being the best thing to go off of most likely.

What job are you talking about btw?
>>
>>18269882
Try this one http://test.mensa.no/

IQ of 100 is, by definition, the average. The average Joe can manage quite a lot of things.
http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/occupations.aspx
>>
>>18269910
>http://test.mensa.no/
but that's because I know the answer to some puzzle and I highly doubt that's accurate. I'd have you know I repeated a grade in my elementary once, got kicked out of my course twice, and did pretty mediocre on my business administration degree, which I have no passion in but took it anyway just for the sake of having a college degree. If this is what an average 128 IQ person is then everybody must be an Einstein-incarnate.
Anyway I stopped relying on IQ tests since it doesn't make something out of me, in the end I'm just another retarded subhuman wasting oxygen in this world. I need some wisdom in my life.

>>18269907
I'm Southeast Asian

I got fired from my job almost 2 years ago, my father and I doesn't speak with one another anymore because he keeps saying I'm a fucking useless piece of shit, I'm just an errand boy for the family right now.
>>
Maybe try changing your diet or becoming active? Drink green tea with ginseng and shit. Get into a routine of some kind where you force yourself to use your mind, even if it's stupid shit like memory/phone games. Your mind need exercise too.
>>
Yeah, change diet and excercise and go to collage and yeah read books
>>
>>18269981
You've stopped relying on IQ tests between OP
>I have a below average intelligence
and this post?

You either have to change your presuppositions or the language you are using to make sense of the situation, because your posts aren't producing a coherent picture.
>but that's because I know the answer to some puzzle and I highly doubt that's accurate.
IQ is the ability to process and manipulate abstractions, and it's the single most rigorously researched and precisely estimated concept in psychology. But it's not the single deciding factor of success. You'll have to find the answer to your troubles elsewhere.
My general advice would be to write your thoughts down, and formulate your goals for the next 6 months/3-5 years applying SMART criteria. See a shrink once you've built some sort of plan.
>>
>>18269981

To be really honest with you I would doubt that score, I don't think that test is v. reputable. There are threads on various boards where people post their results from that test and they're all more or less the same and generally 120+. Not saying you're dumb though, but to take a test with proven reputability, like a private test with an actual psychologist.

But in all honesty it seems like your self doubts and current predicament might be well fueled by your family. Did they do a lot to encourage you and help you out after getting fired? Did they recommend jobs for you to apply to, or methods for you to utilize? Have they done more to help you these two years or would you say they are actually hindering you right now?
>>
>>18270094
Yeah no shit the posted results are high. They are preselected by
>using 4chan
>daring to take the test
>feeling compelled to report results

The point is, this nigger got a degree and thinks he's sub-100.
>>
>>18270094
Only my mom treats me like a family member, I guess. I'm becoming more and more of a shut in because I don't do well in the outside world, I am just a subject of joke to everyone who knew me and maybe my lack of friends isn't really helping me on becoming smart.
>>
>>18270242

Hmmm. In that case it seems like a lot of the people you are living with might not be encouraging a proactive mindset in you, which is basically THE thing you really need right now to get your life back on track.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, read part two (habit 1) of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. I'd recommend doing the 30 day exercise as well, every day at the end of the day do a bit in a word doc you keep on your computer or something.

Starts on page 31: https://www.depts.ttu.edu/upwardbound/books/the-7-habits-ofhighly-effective-people.pdf

This chapter alone really changed the direction of my life, hopefully it can do the same for you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.