[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think tattoos really impact on Job prospects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Me and my friend recently applied for the same retail job.I got it and she didn't. In terms of experience, she should have got the job as I have none and she's worked for years. But she has a dozen tattoos and I have none. Do you think that tattoos influenced the employers decision?

Pic is just generic by the way.
>>
Yea without a doubt, especially if they are in very visible/important places like forearms or wrist.
>>
File: 1477780527159.jpg (35KB, 368x321px)
1477780527159.jpg
35KB, 368x321px
>>18268837

>Do you think that tattoos influenced the employers decision?

Yes. A lot of employers will most certainly take issue with visible tattoos. I encourage anyone who wants visible tattoos to figure out their career first. I'm 100% in support of body art and modification but I'm also a realist who understands that some career paths aren't viable with a giant rose on your neck.

I'm covered in tattoos but I was a partner in a tattoo/piercing shop for a long time. I sold my stake in the business and purchased another one. Since then I've started 2 more. I've always worked for myself. I knew since my early 20's that I never wanted to work in an office or retail or customer service, so I made decisions about my look accordingly. I got a lot of shit sometimes because kids would walk into my shop and ask for something on their neck and hands and I would flat out refuse them service. I don't think young kids should be making those kinds of decisions and some lifestyles just aren't conducive to having tattoos.

I prioritized working for myself and looking how I wanted over working a job that prioritized a "professional" look. Also, tattoos on women are far more acceptable because due to long standing stigmas, men covered in tattoos are often associated with criminal elements.

I think in this case the employer recognized her skill and, either didn't care about her tattoos or thought that her experience trumped her outward appearance.

It also really depends on where you are. I live in the pacific northwest and no one gives a shit about tattoos here.

>inb4 tattoos=degeneracy

No one cares. If you don't want a tattoo, don't get one. Not having any doesn't make you better than anyone else.
>>
>>18268861
Yep, my friend has one on her wrist and inner arm and also a really large one on her thigh which can show if she wears skirts.
>>
>>18268862
That's a really sensible way of doing it. I feel like so many people get tattoos that they later regret all because of the fact that they didn't think it through at the time. It really comes back to bite you.
>>
>>18268871

Absolutely. I'm all for tattoos. I love them. Get whatever you want, just use your head first. If you're in a position to not give a fuck what people think, go ahead, but if what people think directly affects your ability to get a job or start a career then you have more important things to worry about than what tattoo you want. I waited until I was making good money and owned my business before I started getting hands/neck. I'm covered head to foot but I don't do the face. Face tattoos still make me cringe, even after all these years. I think its kind of overkill, personally.
>>
Older, baby boomer type of management will care. But I feel most of them are warming up if not accepting of any body modification now. Getting past first impression is the tough part but in the end it's about how well you do your job. Just my 2 cents.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.