[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i an alkie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (94KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
94KB, 500x281px
My boyfriend just implied i have early onset alcoholism because i - according to him - depend on alcohol for a good night. I drink once a week during either friday or saturday, if I go a week without it doesn't make a difference. I do agree that a beer or cider can make a nice night nicer but I don't feel its necessary to have a good time.

For reference bf is allergic to alcohol and doesn't drink. Am i just making excuses
>>
If your bf is an alcoholic and you're only going out once a week it is more likely a problem on his end.

He is most likely either triggered to drink or is worried about you being promiscuous while out drinking with your friends.

You must respect your own autonomy (he needs to respect it too btw) and allow yourself to have fun, but maybe consider that he is projecting emotions and try to speak about those with him.
>>
This is dependent on how much you drink. If you're drinking so much you can't walk/are throwing up/you blackout every week that's a problem and you already are, flat out. But if you're not and you exercise moderation when you drink then you're not alcoholic or even close. He might not be comfortable being with someone drinking around him or get the appeal/think of it as okay since he (obviously) has never tried it himself and can't.
>>
>>18268050
You are clearly an American pleb who doesn't understand the fine high class hobby of excessive binge drinking
>>
File: latest.png (19KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
19KB, 380x380px
>>18268038
Alcohol is legal socially accepted drug.

And we all have to admit, going to bar or disco is all about alcohol. Without it nobody would bother going there. And i have a feeling that without alcohol, some people wouldnt be able to have sex / get a gf.

Drinking once per week is probably ok. But the optimal solution would be some activity you could do with your bf together instead of drinking and inveitably cheating on your bf and later using alcohol as an excuse.

Try adopt some sport.
>>
>>18268038
Enjoying your time off is fine as long as it doesn't encroach on your sober life. Your boyfriend is probably overreacting because, to him, any drinking is too much drinking because he's never been drunk before. He literally doesn't understand the process.
>>
>>18268038
1. I've never heard of "early onset" Alcoholism. How is that a thing? Early onset implies it is an age based disease.

2. If he doesn't drink at all, he may not understand what socially acceptable drinking looks like. If you are telling the truth about your drinking, then you are fine.
>>
>>18268038
Alcoholism:

>Doctors definition

Do you drink more than two drinks a day to a point is may cause health concerns down the line.

>psychiatrists definition

Are you always drinking and you literally cant make it to work or show up drunk, and youre reasonably destroying your relationships because not a day goes by you arent on the bottle and causing shit.

Your boyfriends being a queerbait.
Once a week is whatever

>allergic

So he can't know what a nice side thrill a bit of booze is and cant judge.
>>
>>18268038
Uhhhh....

If you really are and alcoholic... you're probably not telling us the truth.

I know my mom will kill and entire 1L bottle a week, and entire bottle of wine + a few shots a sitting, and she does this like every other day. And she says she's not alcoholic and she doesn't drink that much.

But try and take away her booze and she'll go on a tirade.

But according to her she's still not an alcoholic, she just needs it to sleep.

Anyway.

If you're not lying to us:

Sounds like your boyfriend is just inexperienced and therefore judgement as fuck.

It's A similar behind why you see so many bitter virgins on here bitching and croaking about "nasty roasties" and also why they seem to think virginity is such a big deal that others judge them over. They've got no experience to ground themselves on so theif sense of scope has zero calibration, so they just make up shit in their heads.

Bottom line though:

If he believes that, then that means y'all had different enough lifestyles that it wouldn't not have worked out.

He needs someone similar to him who does not drink at all. And you need someone who's ok with having a drink every once in a while. Those are part of your respective lifestyles.

Just how it is.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (462KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
462KB, 400x399px
>>18268038
If you're not binging you're fucking fine.

You sound like a casual drinker.

My family has a long and proud history of being lushes.

I'm what's called a functional alcoholic. I love the shit out of alcohol and drink basically every day, but I never have more than 4 drinks in my system at any one time. Usually I have two drinks, and after an hour and a half I'll have a drink or two again. Definitely alcoholic, but not harming my relationships or professional life.

The bad kind of alcoholic? The kind that seriously needs intervention? They're the kind that get drunk at really inappropriate times or regularly binge drink (4-5+ drinks in their system).

There's also no such fucking thing as "early onset" alcoholism. If your family has a history of addiction you should be wary but that's about it.
>>
>>18268038
Are you getting shit faced every weekend or going out for a couple drinks? Because I know a couple girls that wouldn't usually be called alcoholics since they can go without drinking, but when they drink they literally don't stop until they can't remember what they did that night.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.