[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time flyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 400x400px
I'm going on a trip this summer, I'm 19, going alone, and have never been on a plane before, anything I should know/ do? I don't even know where to begin. I'm going from California to the east coast if that makes any difference.
>>
>>18267953
Arrive at the airport at-least an hour, maybe two for a first time-er, before you think you need to be there. Make extra sure you have everything you need before you leave and check your packing. Fucking up a flight is a pain in the ass and expensive so don't try and cut it fine.
>>
>>18267953
It's boring. It's like sitting on a bus that flies. Bring a book, and don't bring any weapons or explosives, and you'll be fine
>>
I hear airports are damn confusing, how do I know when/where my flight is? It should say on the ticket but yeah idk.
My main concern is that we're supposed to stop in Texas or something for an hour, how exactly do those work? Am I allowed to just stay on the plane the whole time? I don't want to risk it leaving without me
>>
>>18267953
>>18268021
Did you book through a single airline? Are your flight numbers different? You may have to change planes. Ask at the ticket counter when you arrive, they'll be able to show you what's up. When you get to Texas, ask a flight attendant or the first staff you can for directions.

And don't worry,an hour is a ton of time for a layover to change planes. You be fine.
>>
>>18268060
I haven't purchased my ticket yet, not sure the best way to do it, used the Google flights thing and came out with that result, said the ticket would be ~$450, is that a reasonable price? both flights are the same airline, yes. I'll be sure to get directions once I land.
>>
>>18267953
Look up your airline, learn their baggage policies, make fucking sure all your baggage and everything you pack fits all their rigorous bullshit specifications to reduce the likelihood of them randomly rifling your shit.

If you have to check baggage, make sure you fix a way to identify it, because everyone's large black suitcase looks exactly the fucking same as everyone else's large black suitcase and nobody wants to get into an airport fight over some other dude's luggage anyway.

Get there several hours early in case there are lines. You'd rather be an extra hour early waiting around the gate than 15 minutes too slow and miss your plane.

Really the best I can do for you, try to have fun, flying is usually fairly unremarkable despite the occasional news story.
>>
>>18268078
It seems reasonable, but I've never traveled that route. For a first time flier who is nervous about it, it's worth booking on the same airline even if it costs a little more.

Depending on price, honestly, a direct flight might be worth paying more too.
>>
Thanks for the tips, team, gonna check for a direct route if possible. My only luggage will be a backpack and a duffel bag, shouldn't be any suitcase issues as I should be able to just bring both of those on the flight with me. Another thing, I'm planning on cooking when I arrive and I want to bring some spices with me, we mix it ourselves so I can't buy the stuff over there, what are the odds that I get to bring some with me?
>>
>>18268209
If you bring a small bottle that's clearly (preferably commercially) labelled, they probably won't hassle you too much over ground spices.
>>
>>18267953
Go on Skyscanner to book the flight.
Check for direct flights.
If you are flexible, take advantage of it - set "whole month" and find the cheapest fare.

Check in online if possible.

Make sure your luggage is small enough to be carried on plane. Don't bring liquids over 100 ml, explosives, sharp objects (scissors, cutters), guns.

Go there 2 hours early.
When you're at the airport make sure you have documents and your ticket. Follow the queue for safety checks.
There are monitors inside, you can look what your gate is on them and then follow the instructions to find it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.