[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USA or Sweden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: summer-vacation.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
summer-vacation.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I am a Swedish citizen but by virtue of one of my parents an American national (can live and work there and eventually claim citizenship). I just want to live somewhere with a decent amount of freedom and economic prosperity, and access to good schools if I have children. I'm kind of anxious about "settling" anywhere because both countries have problems, I'm just not sure how to evaluate this.
>>
>>18267885
USA sucks right now don't come here unless you're white and have money
>>
>>18267963
You aint from the US.

>>18267885
OP where exactly would you end up moving to if you go.
>>
what about Canada?
>>
>>18267885
US of A if you have tons of money already. Sweden if you don't. How is this even a question?
>>
>>18267885
>access to good schools
Unless you're rich, stay in Sweden.
>>
>>18267982
>>18267963

This all depends on which part you move to. OP these people are thinking in absolutes which is never good. You need to specify how much money you have in order for people to help you.
>>
>>18268018
>This all depends on which part you move to.
It really doesn't. Live in US of A without money is fucking hell compared to Sweden and that's assuming shit works out and OP gets a high paying job to stay wealthy and won't lose it.

Things that depend on location is safety only. Everything else is purely down to the cash.
>>
>>18268018
>freedom in general is questionable under the McPresident
>economic prosperity is trickling up
>decent private schools are exorbitantly expensive
>same president is currently trying to gut even good public schools that are only available in affluent white neighborhoods anyway

It's hard all over nigga.
>>
>>18267885
Stay in Sweden. School for your children will leave them/you in crippling debt. Not worth it.
>>
File: tomoko implied masturbation.png (246KB, 615x535px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko implied masturbation.png
246KB, 615x535px
>>18267963
>>18267982
>>18268031
I'm a C.E. student, hopefully I'll have a decent career if I move somewhere with a decent tech sector.

>>18267973
>where exactly would you end up moving to
I don't know, I'm open for suggestions.

I'm looking for high amounts of economic and individual liberty. I want to own guns, and preferably not be executed for doing light drugs in my home.

>>18268017
>>18268570
I know US schools are expensive and I wouldn't want to live there whatsoever if I'm not making a decent amount of money. But I was actually thinking primarily of elementary schools. My little sister goes to the same school I did (which was good at the time) but in the 7 years since then it's really gone to shit. Students disrupting class and not listening to teachers, immigrant children fighting and stealing electronics, and more. And this is far from the worst.

Currently this can be avoided if you live in a nice neighborhood because the students generally goes to the closest school. But there is no saying whether politicians will institute some policy for distributing students between schools for "assimilation", at the expense of good students.

This is just one example but you are so dependent on the state here, and I really think years of social democracy, and more recently huge amounts of refugees, are going to put a big strain on the country for years to come.
>>
>>18269361
I also feel pretty rootless here, with limited ties to friends and family. I don't think I will end up living close to either if I stay here anyway. As such, if I found it to be advantageous to move I would gladly do so.
>>
>>18267885
SWEDEN
YES
>>
File: fireworks.png (360KB, 726x681px) Image search: [Google]
fireworks.png
360KB, 726x681px
can I bump this

I just want a comfy life
>>
>stay in Sweden
>Get children raped by niggers
Move to the USA, preferably somewhere rural/white dominated like Montana, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming etc...
>>
>>18267885
Go to Sweden if you want to be raped and/or killed by terrorists. Sweden is beautiful but in deep shit.
>>
>>18270259
>low chance to get raped/killed by terrorist
>high chance to get raped/killed by a redneck/nigger
>goes for high chance
Interesting choice.
>>
>>18269361
Public schools here in the States are much the same, and private schools are in general as expensive as American college, and are often
just as bad in the ways you described.

You may be able to get a good job with your degree, it sort of depends on what kind of specialization you have and what fields you're interested in working. In general, it's better to have ties in order to find a job, so you might want to consider doing an advanced degree in America and trying to get internships before committing to moving permanently.

Then again, there are a lot of STEM bachelors in the USA with degrees similar to yours hanging out doing nothing right now, so whether or not you can find a job is a crapshoot.

>>18270078
Only do this if you want to end up killing yourself working a forestry job for minimum wage at age 45.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.