[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies for a poor couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Me and my gf are bored to death latelly. Thankfully there's nothing wrong between us, but we realized how boring we have become after our income lowered considerably. We have been doing what we can to save money, so leisure resumed to what can be done on a 0$ budget, like netflix, watching movie, playing vidya and so on, but it's taking a toll on us

We have our own personal hobbies, but I'm actually looking for something we can do toghether, preferably that doesn't depend on weather and long preparations, but anything goes. Also something that can be done cooperatively, because when it's competitive I usually beat her and it gets boring, but honestly, anything goes.

>hard mode: something that allows to meet new people in flesh and socialize
>inb4: have sex
Thankfully we have plenty of that
>>
>>18267829
There aren't really any cooperative hobbies. The best thing to do based on what I've experienced is for you both to have different hobbies that you can still do while in the same space. Then you don't get competitive and can talk to each other about what you're doing.
>>
>>18267829
Hiking depends on the weather but is a great activity. You can meet other people too.
>>
>>18267935
I meant as, something that both of us could do, help each other, help the other improve and so on. Like I said, we have our own things, for instance, I've got into modding for Skyrim and she does crochet, but it's like speaking two different languages

>>18267936
Thing is we live in a region where it rains frequently, and it would probably take at least a long drive to actually reach a "hikeable" place from where we live. That's the problem with the weather constrain.

Besides that, it's something we can look into, we definitly could use the fresh air and exercise.
>>
>>18267935
>There aren't really any cooperative hobbies

The shit I read on this board sometimes, lmfao
>>
>>18267829
What personal hobbies do you both have? Learning something new to the both of you could be great, like painting, ceramics, photography, any art really. I like hiking or nature walks with girls I date. Is there anything either of you wanted to try? Rec centers often have cheap classes for yoga, ballroom dancing, salsa, etc. Since you guys are poorfags how about something that could potentially make money? Like jewelry making or textile shit? Although doing business with a significant other comes with caveats.
>>
I vote yoga.

It's relatively simple, doesn't require a lot of equipment, it's good for your health, and you can find classes nearby and go meet new people sometimes.
>>
>>18267984
We go to the gym, play videogames (she eventually joins but we don't have any cooperative ones lately), she does crochet, and it's mostly it.

I have a small company in 3d printing, so I do 3d arts. Tried getting her into 3d modeling but it's too technical for her. She was getting into spray painting, she did napkin holders for a while, but besides crochet that's all.

Doing things for money is partially the problem, because it kinda changes the focus from doing it for fun. She does amigurumis (it's like crochet dolls, some are very detailed), but it became stressful because she's always worrying about doing it for someone or some purpose. So I'm looking for something more chill. If we got into ceramics or art we'd probably want to sell it too lol.

>>18267993
We did pilates for a while which I think it's similar, perhaps with a different focus. Thing is those classes are expensive where I live, and we're not "chill" enough to get into it. I did muay thai for and she joined me, but she gets bruised too easily and dropped it.
>>
>>18267829
Board games are expensive but you only buy them once and all of your friends can play for free forever. There are plenty of coop board games.
>>
>>18268041
Also there are bars, shops, and clubs where you can play the house collection so you dont have to buy them.
>>
>>18268041
>>18268045

We have D&D 5e and it's cool. The only bad thing about it is that I was the dungeon master and had to read the adventures ahead, and always broke the flow. We're trying to get some friends into it for the next session.

Something similar that didn't need that much preparation would definitly work. Do you have something to recommend? We played pokemon TCG and have our decks, but only the two of us played and I usually beat her so it got boring hahahaha
>>
>>hard mode: something that allows to meet new people in flesh and socialize
go to your city's website (maybe specifically the library) and find local events going on
it's not going to be a daily thing, might not even be weekly, but you're probably going to be able to get free coffee at socials, catch some old people playing music, have local historians talk about the area, etc
>>
>>18268057
Most coop games can be solo'd because your group is playing against the mechanics of the game rather than against other players. So check the solo geeklists on boardgamegeek.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217988/2016-peoples-choice-top-100-solo-games

Check the older ones too because I'm not seeing my favorites on that list like Pandemic, Eldritch Horror, and Castle Ravenloft.
>>
>>18268113

I'll see what I can get, I actually saw Eldricth Horror in a bookstore once. The only problem is they're kinda expensive around here, and mostly in english which isn't our first language. But I'll definitly take a look at it and pay more attention to the bookstore selection.

Thanks bro!
>>
File: 1484664492119.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484664492119.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
Origami, dorodango, reading aloud to each other, geocaching, dumpster diving, satellite watching, ornithology, or mushroom hunting.
>>
>>18268033
Your relationship sounds v comfy, I'm jelly tobh.
>>
>>18268138
Are you German by any chance? Because there is a huge board gaming scene in Germany. Just mentioning it on the off chance.
>>
>>18268033
Pilates is like yoga for people with more money than sense. You can do yoga with youtube tutorials in your living room.
>>
>>18268145
>Origami
Loved it as a kid but never managed to do anything cool. And I also have a cutting machine and 3d software for planifying 3d models that I never tried.

>geocaching
But THIS broke my mind and is DEFINITLY what I was looking for! There are actually 3 caches withing reach! Thank you SO much!

>>18268163
Thanks bro. Man it's so sweet, I don't have anything to complain honestly. She has some crazy breakdowns but we're totally buddies. We just need some new stuff to do

Never settle for a woman who isn't also your best friend.

>>18268168
Brazil actually. I know a few places that hold game sessions but my gf has a problem with numbers and always struggles with the rules lol

>>18268180
hahaha I guess, the classes indeed have a steep pricing. I think the purpose is different, but I can't disagree too much. I'll take a look into yoga but she has rejected it in the past, and we're so clumsy we'll probably fall on our faces more often than not hahaha
>>
File: 1426890766504.jpg (45KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1426890766504.jpg
45KB, 431x415px
>>18268187
I'm so glad that one of my suggestions might work for you. Good luck!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.