[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any seasoned drinkers here? Bit of a weird one, not sure where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Captain Morgan.jpg (88KB, 297x633px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Morgan.jpg
88KB, 297x633px
Any seasoned drinkers here? Bit of a weird one, not sure where to go with this.

I enjoy alcohol and never go overboard, no desire to get shitfaced or anything. If I see a big bottle of Captain Morgan on sale, I'll buy it since it usually lasts me 2-3 months of comfy drinks while watching movies or playing games. I bought a bottle on Friday and...well, it's been an adventure.

>Friday: Queasy and had diarrhea within a few sips of Morgan and coke.
>Saturday: Thought it was a one-off, had a small glass at 5pm before going to a friend's house at 8pm. Drank half a bottle of rose between 8pm-2am, ended up throwing up. First time I've ever thrown up from drink and not even remotely close to the most I've drank.
>Yesterday: Figured I'd try it again because I hate myself. Poured less than a shot into a long glass mixed with Coke, only drank as much as pic related over the space of an HOUR before I had to stop from feeling so sick.

Is this fucking bottle possessed? Is it possible for a bottle of booze to be bad right from the offset? All my Googling has just given me questions like 'Does alcohol have an expiry date?'. Has anyone had any experience like this with a bottle of alcohol before?
>>
>I drank something. It made me sick
>I drank it again. It made me sick again.
> I decided to drink it one more time. It once again made me sick
>Is the drink making me sick?

Umm... yes?

Never had this... but come on dude... are you that cheap you can't chuck a bottle of bargain bin achohol?

I've gotten bad batches of shit before, but I always spit it out the second I realize it's gone off and don't repeatedly attempt to consume it so I have no idea what it does to you, but it's pretty common sense to NOT do so if it's clearly making you sick.
>>
>>18266983
Not gonna lie, part of me keeps testing it because I'm salty about throwing out around 3 months of booze since I don't have a job.

I started getting more curious after Googling it because there were so many 'alcohol can't go bad!' articles. If it's somehow impossible for the alcohol to be bad then that would mean there's something wrong with me.
>>
>>18266911
>is it a bad batch of alcohol
That's not really a thing. If you had a drink that was methanol instead of ethanol you'd just be blind.

It could be any number of things, from a stomach infection to an ulcer to liver damage to a reaction to sulfites in the wine and liquor, to a brand new allergy.

If you've been sick lately stop drinking for a while. If you're drinking on an empty stomach, stop. See if you're noticing stomach issues when you're not drinking.
>>
>>18266997
Thanks for the advice. I was pretty fine until the alcohol last Friday and being sick on Saturday didn't help. I'm emetophobic and can get overboard with psychosomatic symptoms. I was feeling better and confident enough to check the booze again yesterday, pretty dumb decision on my end.

I'm in pretty good shape and don't eat a lot of trash. Only thing I'd really say about myself is that I'm slightly paranoid that the carbonated flavoured water I drink two litres of per day might be upsetting my stomach. Trying to kick that habit now.
>>
>>18267011
>Only thing I'd really say about myself is that I'm slightly paranoid that the carbonated flavoured water I drink two litres of per day might be upsetting my stomach

Probably the case, especially since two of the bad times you had were mixing with coke.

Have you had nausea/stomach problems all your life? I had strange undiagnosable symptoms (they called it IBS but they didn't know shit) for 20 some-odd years before I figured out I had a corn allergy.
>>
>>18266991
>curious after Googling it because there were so many 'alcohol can't go bad!' articles.

Even IF that is true, that doesn't mean there can't be random contaminants during the bottling process or whatever else.

Try leaving a little bit of dish soap in one of your glasses and the. having a drink from it. Guess what happens: instant diarrhea.

Is this kind of stuff common? No. But it definitely happens. Humans fuck up sometimes, and so do machines for that matter. There's pretty much no such thing as 100% in life, only 99.99999999999% quality control can miss out occasionally.

But what other anon said might also be right. Give yourself a few weeks off for that shit to clear out, try another alcohol and see if THAT kills you
>>
>>18267015
That'll give me extra motivation to quit it then, thanks.

I have diagnosed IBS so I know all about bowel woes, but this is the first time in my life I've encountered an alcohol-related problem.
>>
>>18267020
>I have diagnosed IBS
Try to test for uncommon food allergies. I figured out my sensitivity was to corn, it took a lot of doing because HURR AMURRICA but I'm on a corn-free diet now and all symptoms are gone.
>>
>>18267020
>diagnosed IBS so I know all about bowel woes

I have a friend who does as well. What always triggers it for him is booze. This was something he developed randomly one day when we were about 25 or 26
>>
File: CTeUH20UcAAK978.jpg (29KB, 436x400px) Image search: [Google]
CTeUH20UcAAK978.jpg
29KB, 436x400px
>>18267028
Oh God dammit, I hope this isn't the case since I'm 24. I don't even go remotely crazy when I drink.
>>
>>18267031
Lol if it makes you feel any better. He drinks anyway and doesn't give a shit (no pun intended).

He was even a bar tender in south east asia for a while to pay for his vacation, spent every night taking advantage of all the free booze xD.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.