[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get my vision back to normal.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 10000886_3Q-2x.jpg (78KB, 1800x1037px) Image search: [Google]
10000886_3Q-2x.jpg
78KB, 1800x1037px
Hey guys.

Today, I was in music class. I play trombone, so I'm pretty far in the back. I wanted to play a joke on someone, so I asked my friend to give me his glasses.

Then, I looked at the front of the class. The outline of my teacher was really sharp and I could read small text that I couldn't before.

He told me that his glasses had a correction between -1 and 0, so I have mild myopia. It makes sense, because in math class, I sit in the back and I have trouble seeing at the board.

Is there any way to fix this on a long period of time? I know its probably caused by me being a shut in and looking at screens all day long and not a genetic defect.

I refuse to wear glasses and lenses because I know it makes it worse over time. Surgery is out of the question, because I'm still a teenager and developing.

I thought that because I'm still developing, there's a chance that I could try and get on the right path before it's too late. Am I right? Is there any way I can do it?
>>
Almost all of that is myth and rooted in quite out of date science. I don't remember where I read it so unfortunately no source, but doctors used to undercorrect when giving glasses to people whose eyes were still developing because of the same school of thought. Eventually studies were done on children who were given the correct prescription, and it was found that the children who were given weaker glasses than they needed ended up going on to develop worse vision than the ones who were given correct glasses- eye strain worsens eyesight.

>Is there any way to fix this on a long period of time? I know its probably caused by me being a shut in and looking at screens all day long and not a genetic defect.
You cannot fix it, ever, short of surgery. You can help prevent it getting worse but it is almost certainly in part genetic. Go to an eye doctor and get an accurate prescription for glasses, find a pair you like and feel confident in, wear them regularly, and don't squint or otherwise strain your eyes.
>>
>>18265769
Thanks for the descriptive answer.

However, I don't think it's related to my genes. My parents don't have any history of myopia, but my mom does have astigmatism. As I said before, it's probably because of the fact that I spend so much time in my room, looking closely at things (screens, books). There really is no way of trying to correct this while I'm growing? Eye exercises?
>>
>>18265759
No. Evolution is imperfect and eyes arent muscles that get stronger and better. They just wear down or start fucked in the first place.

You wont improve.

But ill add, it could even be astigmatism (less scary than it sounds).
One or both of your eyes is ovular shaped instead of spherical..

Its extremely common, but will cause ever so slightly blurred vision, eye strain and eventually, headaches and more vision wear.
>>
>>18265779

You're right, it could be astigmatism.
Is it true that the lack of natural light can lead to astigmatism in the long term? I've read about it a few times. I spend all day inside, so if it's true, it's likely a cause.

Other than that I plan to see an optometrist this summer, as soon as school ends.

In the meanwhile, what's the best way to keep my vision from worsening?
>>
>>18265792
I dont know enough because im not an optometrist but im pretty sure astigmatism is just the way your eyes formed flat out.

Dont quote me on that part. Take it to google.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.