[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone is retarded but me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: lelouch[1].jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lelouch[1].jpg
93KB, 640x480px
How do I stop being an impatient asshole with normal people

I have a very high IQ, to the point where the difference between myself and the average person is equivalent to the difference between an average person and someone well below the threshold for mental retardation

My professional life is fine, I can basically fuck off while working from home all day and throw together whatever deliverable I have in a few hours, but I find it incredibly hard to connect with other people outside of specific interests (singing and vidya)

I especially have problems when political issues or futurism comes up because it always feels like no one understands what the fuck I'm talking about. I end up getting extremely frustrated because I have to go back over my argument again and again.

I've been to things like Mensa meetings, it's nice that people there can understand the more complicated aspects of politics or technology but the majority of them are even more socially fucked than I am.

What do (besides become a hikki)
>>
Are you cute? (∩´﹏`∩)
>>
>>18264351
yes

I'm 28 but clean-shaven I look 18
>>
>>18264354
Me too!
>>
>>18264350
Try descending from the ivory tower of your arse and learn some humility.
>>
>>18264350
Yeah okay, what field did you major in if your so smart? I'm waiting to here English or Philo
>>
>>18264350
Brainlet here! Have some respect for us, if they're dumber than you than they work HARDER than you to succeed in life. You're like that one faggot who probably choose " easy mode " in the matrix simulation menu before going in. LOL.
>>
>>18264362
I dropped out and got a job at a startup. College is slow and boring.
>>
>>18264363
Not OP, but similar situation. I've lost respect for the brainlets since I've found most of the time I've been screwed over before it was from a brainlets and it was because of their brainletness
>>
>>18264364
AHAHAHA, turns out you weren't so smart after all. I went to college because it was easy. 4 years of doing virtually no work just to get paid big bucks. College shouldn't slow you down if your smart
>>
>>18264350
>How do I stop being an impatient asshole with normal people
How do normal people deal with retards?
You're already 28, you should have more experience in these areas than this. I'm quite disappointed.
>>
>>18264370
>How do normal people deal with retards?
Mostly by avoiding them whenever possible, which is pretty much what I already do.
>>
>>18264364
You should have gone to a better college

You could have cured cancer if you stuck with it instead of being a code monkey
>>
>>18264350
>when political issues or futurism comes up because it always feels like no one understands what the fuck I'm talking about.
You have two choices. 1. Realise that literally every closed minded person, no matter their IQ, acts the exact same way when they talk about politics, and maybe you should consider that IQ gives an imperfect understanding of intelligenc. Then try to understand others' viewpoints and also improve your own explanation - after all, if you cannot explain something to your grandma, that means that you yourself don't understand it well enough. 2. Buy a fedora and grow a neckbeard and become a living meme. I personally recommend 2. Not only for the luls, but because 1 is difficult and requires humility
>>
>>18264350

If only the average Joe was as cogent and complex as an episode of Code Geass, maybe then they could hold the attention of your vast intellect. hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>18264422
>Then try to understand others' viewpoints and also improve your own explanation
It's hard to tailor my explanations and understand other's viewpoints when it typically feels like we're having two different conversations.

If I start talking about growing meat in labs and replacing farms with factories, and the person I'm talking to starts bringing up "unforeseen consequences" like wild roaming chickens destroying natural habitats, how the fuck do I respond? I can't even fathom how they reached that kind of idiotic hypothetical from what I was talking about.

In this particular example I couldn't contain my incredulity and said (quite frustrated) "What? Why would there be chicken roaming around? I'm not talking about chicken emancipation!" This was met with "Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong" which is just about one of the dumbest non-arguments one can make.
>>
File: 1480174268608[1].jpg (43KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
1480174268608[1].jpg
43KB, 600x428px
>>18264435
OP here. Code Geass sucks, I just thought the image would be funny with the topic.
>>
>>18264451
I'm assuming you shore up the inexorable, quaking emptiness of your innermost being with anime and video games, as do most people here seeking social advice, none of which are reasonably intellectual. Honestly, the only example you've drawn on to illustrate your social failure is a lack of interest or reliability that others hold to your work. It makes you sound more like a boring, self-absorbed poster-child for the Dunning Kruger effect than a misunderstood super genius whose only intellectually sufficient social outlet is posting memes and cartoon pics on a 4chan message board.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (18KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
18KB, 252x200px
>>18264470
Well, Rosencrantz, you know what they say about when you assume.
>>
>>18264474
Hahaha OP btfo
>>
>>18264474
My, my, Horatio. There you go, why not join a book club and charm everyone with your not terribly apt Shakespearian references and solve all your problems? lol
>>
I also have a very high iq, OP.
I get around any problems by just not being an asshole.
This isn't an issue of your intelligence, it's an issue of your outlook.
>>
>>18264488
Tom Stoppard, actually.

>>18264497
Very helpful, anon. How would you deal with the situation in >>18264448
>>
>>18264503
You move on from the subject and/or walk away. Alternatively make it into a joke they'd understand, i.e. I disagree with your face. Of course your tone must be taken into account when you do this.

Most people are dumb, that's why they call them "the masses." Best you can do is write your own manifestos, novels, essays; submit them to magazines, websites, etc.
>>
>>18264448
To be honest, if you said the exact same thing but a bit more kindly and with more words, you might have been able to get your point across. Alternatively, try asking questions about how they reached that conclusion to understand exactly what part they misunderstood. In any case, I would definitely say that this is a failure to communicate on your part
>>
If you have such a high IQ, why can't you use it to figure out how to not be an asshole?
>>
>>18264532
This. Why do you come here op? Leave us monkies alone

>>18264497
This anon has the answer. It's not us, it's you.
>>
>>18264350
>can't communicate with people
>thinks it's their fault
Bruv, you're just as stupid as them besides your area of expertise. Practice your social skills, work on your empathy, do some fucking self-reflection why a grownass man like you sounds like a teen.
Also check whether your have assburgers or some shit.

> bringing up "unforeseen consequences" like wild roaming chickens destroying natural habitats, how the fuck do I respond?
If someone is THAT stupid, it's better to avoid them. Just it's unlikely that the majority is, unless you live in buckfuckville in which case it's pretty obvious that you should move. This "Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong" type of shit sounds American as fuck for sure.

>>18264362
People who study philo tend to be pretty smart overall.
>>
>>18264367
college doesn't mean you get a job, at all
>>
>>18264556
>sounds American as fuck for sure
Makes sense considering I live in America.

Also
>you're just as stupid as them besides your area of expertise
If I had something like a high verbal IQ but low spatial or vice-versa you'd have a point but my scores are fairly consistent across the board.

It's my EQ that's total garbage.
>>
>>18264579
If you had a high IQ you would have finished college. Instead you were too dumb to finish it.
>>
>>18264350
Nice bait, but IQ means little past your childhood

How hard you work and what you contribute to society does.
>>
>>18264350
t.teenage fedora

People are more intelligent and diverse in their IQs than you give them credit for. They're certainly socially smarter, hence why you're a lonely virgin and they're popular and well liked.
>>
File: IMG_2671.jpg (449KB, 1000x1597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2671.jpg
449KB, 1000x1597px
>futurism

There's your problem. You're literally the tipping fedora atheist incarnate. When you realise there's more to life than your empty post modernist fedora philosophy, you will be able to understand why all great philosophers from antiquity understood the value of traditionalism and learning from our ancestors. Are you a communist too?
>>
OP, if you are so intelligent, I suggest we have a decent discussion.
State your opinion on how life should be ideally.
>>
>>18264350
>>/r/iamverysmart
>>
>>18264350
Look, OP, I'm going to keep this simple:

If people have trouble following you when you talk about "political issues and futurism," it's not because they're too dumb to understand, it's because you're a poor communicator. If you have trouble getting along with people, it's not because you're too smart for them, it's because you're an asshole.

Everyone on the internet claims to have a tested IQ of 140+, but I'm going to take you at face value and assume that you're telling the truth and that whatever test you took was reputable. Obviously "intelligence" is pretty nebulous and IQ tests don't measure it perfectly, but if that's all true, then you're probably smarter than the average bear. That's cool. I'm happy for you. But don't fall into the trap of thinking that you're a breed apart, because you're not.

And I can promise you that - particularly when you talk about politics - you, just like everyone else, are liable to run your mouth about things you don't fully understand like a dumbshit.
>>
>>18264601
>your intelligence depends on how similar our opinions are

>>18264600
>unironically going backwards instead of learning from mistakes and advancing
>>
>>18264604
>your intelligence depends on how similar our opinions are
No, lol, how do you come up with this?
>>
>>18264604
the second guy is clearly a /pol/poster but >>18264601 is fine

Not really on-topic, though.

>>18264597
>>18264591
>>18264583
It's funny how angry the concept of a high IQ makes some people
>>
>>18264350
Here's a tip: Don't tell people you're intelligent in person because you will be resented.

I've learned to dumb myself down a bit.
>>
>>18264350
>I have a very high IQ
Hurr durr, said every socially inept dipshit ever. Maybe you should bend some of your superior intellect to learning how to interact in a social setting. Trying to talk about your niche interests to the average person isn't going to net you any points, whether it's futurism or going to furry conventions. It's just that you think that this specific interest makes you some sort of intellectual. Protip - your interests don't quantify your intelligence
>>
>>18264583
Not op, but I.Q. has little to do with formal education.
My I.Q. is 148 and I'm also a college drop out. Plenty of intelligent people didnt finish college for varying reasons.

>>18264350
I have friends because I know how to tone down my inner know-it-all. Sometimes it slips out and i start talking about something "sciency" like the applications of certain micro algae as an anti-inflammatory or advances in 3-d printing of organs etc.
If I start to get a "hmm" or a weird look i just switch the topics to something like movies or other relatable topics.
It may not be my passion, but why try to force what you like onto others?
The key is to let go of selfish ideas of how these interactions should go.
Find yourself a smart partner and it'll be easier to have dumb friends. This way there will be at least one other person you can bounce ideas off of without self degradation.
>>
As much as it's socially inappropriate to call yourself highly intelligent, I think it's warranted itt. I'm also a tested smart cookie, and I can relate. Never went to Mensa because it seemed weird to me to meet people based on just the fact that they're intelligent. I much prefer just meeting people through interests. Which is why you should not have dropped out of college. At college/uni you are in a population of people that's bound to include some other really intelligent ones. Also they will probaly share at least some interests, if you meet them in classes.

So yeah. If you have 'intelligent' interests, go to meetings about these interests. There might be people like you.
>>
>>18264448
So you were talking about a topic you've obviously given a lot of thought, with a person who probably doesn't care. And when the person answers something you find dumb, because again, they don't care, your intelligent conclusion is that they're retarded. Maybe consider that you reached your conclusions after a lot of thinking about the topic, y'know? Anyone can look bad at something they're not used to.

It's also very possible that you're a bad communicator and that's why they don't understand you. I know at least two men who think they're really smart, and they seriously say nonsense whenever they talk. No one understands them because what they say doesn't make sense. It's like they say random logical sounding words. Not saying that's the case here but it's a good thing to consider.
>>
OP, what makes you think you have a very high IQ?

>hurr I have a very big penis, that's why nobody likes me
>durr I'm very handsome, that's why nobody likes me

Maybe you are not as smart as you think.
>>
>>18264675
So if you have a high IQ why didn't you finish college? Why did you choose a life of being a NEET fapping to animu in mommy's basement?
>>
>>18264675
Joke tier response. Let me guess, you took an online test and it said you had 148 IQ?
>>
You seem pretty retarded when it comes to socializing. That's a skill of it's own that you apparently don't have.
>>
>>18264636
Having a high IQ doesn't make anyone angry. It's being an pompous buffoon that thinks they're better than everyone else because of their high IQ that gets people angry. Intelligence isn't a justification for being a douche. OP is just a douche. Apparently he's not smart enough to realize this.
>>
>>18264824
>what makes you think you have a high IQ
the consistently high scores I receive on proctored IQ tests

>nobody likes me
Never said that, I said I'm very impatient when talking to normies and I find it hard to connect with most people.
>>
High IQ doesn't mean anything

You're probably dumb as shit and don't realize it. Anyone in grad school or above would talk circles around your fedora-tipping "futurist" talking points. They can do that AND and sociable, so you're definitely not in even the same league of intelligence despite your made up number as a measurement of potential
>>
>>18264841
You seem like you don't even want anything to do with "normies" so why is this bothering you?

You can't insult everyone and call them retarded then be sad that nobody likes you.
>>
Realize that everyone is living their lives the best they can to make them happy. I don't know what you want me to say op, unless you're some uberman that has received some sort of gift that brings you above humanity, you're the same as everyone else in my eyes. Perhaps you should look into the idea of humility, instead of immediately dismissing others.
If you're upset about talking politics, realize people spend there whole lives believing in something you may go against , which would make them confused or upset. Talking politics leads to people flustered which you stated you were because you were doing so. This is a common ideal op, don't discuss politics unless you're ready to get passionate.
>>
>>18264841
Get a PhD in theoretical physics. Once you have done that, we'll talk. Otherwise, we'll just consider you just yet another person of average intelligence who thinks he's smart.
>>
>>18264675
Financial reasons. I still work a full time job and have my own house but ty for assuming.
I'm not even male

>>18264826

Nope, I was chosen for some of those advanced courses based on my test scores in highschool

If we're talking in animu terms, think shikamaru. I may be intelligent but I'm highly cynical and lazy asf too.
Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you're automatically perfect. In the same way there are average people with retard level habits, there are intelligent people with average level habits.
As above, so below. Not that you'll get that reference but I'm sure op can relate.
>>
>>18264851
It's shit like this. I say point blank that the issue is not about "no one likes me" but about getting frustrated with people, and the response is "you can't call people retards then cry when they don't like you"

Why do my words fly over the heads of people like this anon and how am I supposed to react with anything but confusion and frustration
>>
Test

Come on mods, where's that 2 month ban I want
>>
>>18264880
Intelligent people succeed in life. If you're a college dropout loser, it's because you're not smart enough to handle adult life.
>>
>>18264350
You just don't talk to stupid people. You must have done it enough by now to know you get nothing from it. If you're truly smart you don't have to play all the social games normal people play to get ahead in life.
>>
File: when_you_assume.png (15KB, 276x402px) Image search: [Google]
when_you_assume.png
15KB, 276x402px
>>18264474
>>
>>18264885
Speak to people like you're interested in getting to know them, most people are passionate or knowledgeable about something. Ask them about what they're interested in and see where that conversation goes. You might learn something along the way.

Accept that some people don't care about some subjects as much as you do so they don't really have strong opinions on it and are just trying to make conversation to kill time or bond. Don't expect people to just know the things you know.

Show some interest and curiosity instead of assuming you're better than them because you know more about x subject. Find something that they know a lot about and talk about that.

If you want to talk to people about subjects you're interested in, you need to find those kinds of people. You can't expect deep conversations about those subjects from just anyone.

Some people are just not fun to talk to but if you have problems talking to almost everyone than it's a problem with you, not everyone else.
>>
>>18264824
>confusing high IQ with being smart
>>
plain and simple you are a narcissistic fuck that feels superior to others and even call them "normies" what is this harry potter you muggle get over your self even have the need to talk about your self on 4chan LMAO what a joke
>>
Everyone knows more than you in a particular subject
>>
>>18264885
>Why do my words fly over the heads of people like this anon
Okay, see, it's not that he doesn't understand you. It's that he doesn't believe you. Learn to tell the difference.

He's calling you on your bullshit. Probably because he's perceptive enough to read between the lines and suss out what "I find it incredibly hard to connect with people" means, whether you'll admit it or not.

You may be smarter than average, I have no idea, but it's pretty clear from the way you write and conduct yourself that you're not some kind of transcendent genius. You're not in a league of your own, and if you have problems talking to people, it's because you're no good at it, not because you're too brilliant for them.
>>
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which there is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings. People affected by it often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or about their appearance. They often take advantage of the people around them. The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of situations.

The cause of narcissistic personality disorder is unknown. It is a personality disorder classified within cluster B by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Diagnosis is by a healthcare professional interviewing the person in question. The condition needs to be differentiated from mania and substance use disorder.

Treatments have not been well studied. Therapy is often difficult as people with the disorder frequently do not consider themselves to have a problem. About one percent of people are believed to be affected at some point in their life. It appears to occur more often in males than females and affects young people more than older people to sum it all up get some help you Narcissist
>>
>>18264974
Haha, holy shit. I've known clinical narcissists, ffs my grandmother is one. If you think OP is one then you're pretty stupid.
>>
>>18264972
I'm curious; how would a "transcendent genius" conduct themselves and what makes you experienced enough to make that judgement?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.