[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deal with "bullying" as an adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: kylo.jpg (13KB, 404x360px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
13KB, 404x360px
Ever since I was in high school, a lot of people have made fun of a particular feature of my face. Giving me names, telling me to get surgery, etc.
This didn't end when I finished high school. As an adult (I'm now 25), I still met a lot (I mean a fucking lot) of people who thought it was a good idea to make fun of my face. And I mean, ranging from people I meet, people I become friends or acquaintances with, even random dudes on the street who go out of their way to comment something about my face or about how I look like some celeb from my country (not exactly a compliment).
Even people that everyone considers nice or friendly will make fun of my face once I get to know them, just for the heck of it.
Of course I would never make fun of other people's faces or bodies, or anything about them. I think I'm friendly and nice, and I think I've grown to be more and more reserved every year since my self esteem keeps going down.
What's the proper way to deal with this? I usually just fake a laugh, pretend I don't mind, sometimes I show that I'm slightly mad and tell them that's enough. It's pretty embarrassing when some girl tells whoever is making fun of me to stop.
I'm never violent in person but I'm bottling up hate and now I often think of just going to meet someone who makes fun of me and disfigure their face with a hammer or something.
Another thing, when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't notice anything extremely out of the ordinary. I feel like my face is pretty normal, maybe just a bit weird from certain angles. In photos though, I do notice that I have a kind of abnormally long feature in my face, it's weird.
Btw I still can't afford an actual surgery but if it's possible, it's not something I don't consider for the future.
>>
Do you look like Adam Drver?
>>
>>18264238
Nah. I just picked that photo because I like how angry he looks in it.
>>
>>18264226

What feature would that be?

Open up. We can't help if we don't know what we're dealing with.
>>
>>18264248
Okay Idk why I was worried anyone I know irl would use 4chan. My chin apparently is pretty tall.
>>
>>18264250

That depends.

If people who you're not familiar with make fun of your face, they are either trying to 'bully' you or they simply don't think it's a big deal at all. Consider that whoever makes fun of you might think your chin is something insignificant/just a small 'detail' and that you won't mind if they make fun of it. I myself make fun of people's bodies (and allow them to make fun of mine) on minor issues; I'll call a fat friend 'fat', but I wouldn't call a disabled friend a cripple. Regardless, if I read whoever I'm name calling isn't comfortable with me calling them that, I'll immediately stop. Some people just don't mean harm.

If you tell them something like 'yeah, maybe I'll get a surgery soon' they'll stop. Only you can tell whether they're doing it with malice in mind or not.

chin up anon
>>
>>18264260
>Regardless, if I read whoever I'm name calling isn't comfortable with me calling them that, I'll immediately stop.

Yeah sure, as if you are immediately aware of that asshat. People like you are scum.
>>
>>18264250
You can hide your upper face area, post a picture. I feel ugly and I'm (face) but nobody has ever said to me so that's strange to hear they point it. Like you didn't know before
>>
>>18264270
Why is this necessary? It will just get people posting "hey that's not so bad" or "yeah, that's pretty bad".
>>
>>18264273
You say you look normal to you. People give shit you about the looks. Third party opinion is needed here. DESU I just like to watch pictures and want to see you. You even consider surgery but say you're pretty normal, doesn't add up
>>
>>18264282
Opinion on what is needed? I said I look normal to myself in the mirror but bad in photos. Either way Idk why having even more people tell me I do indeed look stupid will help me out.
>>
>>18264269

I am. If the other person gives me a 'fuck you' while they laugh, I'm sure they're alright with me calling them that. That's when I know them for some time.

You misread what I wrote. I don't call people I don't know names, only friends or better than I'm confident are okay with banter.

This is probably the same issue you're facing. I can't be sure, but maybe other people are just lightly joking with you (on their point of view) and you acknowledge it as bullying or insulting. Which is good, means your face isn't so bad and you're just overreacting or misreading the situation.
>>
>>18264298
OP here. That poster you reply to wasn't me. Though I agree with that anon, I think it's never justified to make fun of someone for something like their appearance, something they can't change.
I guess you are right in the sense that MAYBE MAAAAYBE a little few of the people making fun of me are just lightly joking. But in the past I know people have said it with malicious intent, either way even if they think it's not a big deal, I don't think they deserve to have the right to make fun of someone at their expense, no matter how much fun they get by saying it.
And no one should assume beforehand that I or anyone else would be okay with having their looks made fun of.
>>
>>18264226
violence is the only answer, trust me. Just dont overdo it.
Even if youre weaker than whoevers bullying you, they will stop bullying after youre done fighting, since they dont want to get into a fight again because of something that seems so petty to them. It also lets other people around you know that you're serious about that shit

I only realized that later in highschool, and mostly everyone stopped making fun of me after i faught back. I wish id done it sooner
>>
>>18264309
The problem with violence is that as an adult, overdoing it just a bit (hell even just punching someone in the face) can get them to report you to the police and I don't know what happens after that.
>>
>>18264250
What's the celebrity they compared you to then?
>>
>>18264226
Sounds like you don't really stand up for yourself
>>
>>18264226
maybe stop being booty blasted about having an absurd nose. It should be funny to you when someone makes a joke. Just accept it.
>>
>>18264749
That's the point of the thread, what's the proper way to stand up for yourself as an adult?

>>18264800
>dude lmao just ignore your problems
>>
>>18264226
Post a pick so we can make fun of you as well.
>>
you either deal with it; you can tell them

Fuck political Correctness

or you ban that kind of negativity from your life.

You shouldnt give a fuck, and invest time in things you like instead of overthinking dumb shallow narrow brained people's oppinions
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.