[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been really serious and have always procrastinated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1489888058888.jpg (59KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
1489888058888.jpg
59KB, 300x315px
I've never been really serious and have always procrastinated at least a little bit, but recently i've been going at it like crazy.

The procrastination became extreme ever since last month, i'm falling deeper and deeper into the vicious circle. I woke up at 12PM today and the only thing i've been doing is browsing internet. I've spent all day on internet yesterday and the days before.

I'm late for many assignments, i'm stressed, i feel guilty. The situation isn't desperate and i can fix my problems if i just stood up and do the work, but the pressure is intense and i spend my time evading my problems with internet escapism

i need help please
>>
>>18264206
Rip it like a band aid.
The right time to do this will never come, so do it now and be extreme about it. Like don't-fucking-touch-a-computer-for-a-week extreme. So when you go back to more ordinary standards it feels relieving and easier to maintain it.
>>
>>18264222
I feel like i literally can't

i don't have any drive

i'm feeling empty and apathetic

but i know it's the only way out
i always put myself in desperate situations on purpose, fuck my life
>>
The only difference between coal and diamond is tons of heat and pressure. See how much you can get away with and surprise yourself. Procrastination is only a sin in the modern world, where human time is sold for efficiency. Not a lot of people can say they regularly cram semesters of work in a night. It's not a thing to brag about, but a skill of its own. It's only maladaptive when it is poorly understood. Everyone's going to find themselves in situations where they are unprepared.

Moreover, if you really wanted to get that work done, you would have. Get better at cramming so you spend less time doing things you don't like (schoolwork) and more time doing things you do like (shitposting).

To put it in another way, you would never do schoolwork outside of school. That you regularly procrastinate points to you resisting the material imposed on you. It's just meaningless to you, so find a sweet spot where you provide the bare minimum between sanity and competence.

I'm a senior at uni and I've got my last finals tomorrow. Haven't studied and I'm enjoying my shitposting guilt-free.
>>
>>18264228
No two ways about it bud, it's a vicious cycle and you know it.
That's why you rip it quick and (almost) painless. You fucking know that continue to do nothing is the cause you feel like crap. So go do shit, any shit, doesn't matter if it's indoors shit, outside shit, work shit or fun shit.
Shit is love, shit is life.
>>
Usually when we want change, the best way to do it is not to focus on destroying the old, but in building the new.
This guy before me gave you good advice, but if you think being extreme won't work for you, read below:

Find something that moves you. You like games? Start sending game industries your resumee. Apply for a job with them.
If you are too young for that, try to learn how to build a game from Unity, there are many good courses about it.

I have to tell you that changes only come to those that move towards it. It's sad, but we can't change doing the same thing but thinking differently, we actually have to act on our will.
So act. The game industry example up ahead was just an idea. You can start going to the gym (this gives you a boost of mood, liberating good hormones in your brain after the exercise, and that might make you more prone to go again) and so many other things.

Make a 'to-do' list, but be realistic about it. Give yourself prizes for doing whatever you put on the list. Let's say you put there "I'll start going to the gym" and when you go there for the first time, full training, you buy yourself something you like, or go watch a movie you always wanted to.
Remember that those goes must be realistic, that means you may need to start small, but you should keep making them harder. If you went for the gym once and made the to-do list challenge, now you change the "Start going to the gym" to "don't miss one day of workout for a week", then when you do it, for two, for a month and so on.

Keep in mind the activities here are all examples.
>>
Lol I'm at uni and instead of going I sleep and browse 4chan 10hours a day. It's only one month left, start by doing assignments that are close to deadline.
>>
>>18264206

OP needs to fap less
>>
>>18264234
kek, interesting, i tend to agree, thanks for your wisdom, shitpost sensei
>>
>>18264242
You're right, okay i'm going to do something.
Thanks.

>>18264246
I'm shit with lists, i tried several times and it never really worked. Being extreme usually works for me but it's rough and hard every time.

>>18264276
Literally me.

>>18264293
It's a possibility yes, i fap one time a day, that's not really extreme but it may be too much i guess.
>>
>>18264320
fapping is like dropping dopamine bombs.

You need to find "hobbies" that fuel dopamine/oxytocine release.

The chase of something and getting it. that feeling. is what u want.

Hard to find in a one click gratitude society
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.