[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I hurt someone very undeserving of the poor treatment I gave them.
The TL;DR of it is that I lead them on for a year.
They're crushed.
I know there's nothing I can do to fix things. But at this point in time, I just want to be as much help as I can be.
I've been told by him that they never want to see me again. They never want to talk to me again. And I respected that. I did not contact them. But over the past few days they've been contacting me, I responded because I thought it might give them closure, I don't know if it's helping or not. Today I am about to send them a message reading:
"What I did was not right by you. And I will never justify what I have done. But right now, I want to do what I can, that given the situation, is right for you. I personally think what is right for you, is to be removed from your life. But yet again, I'm not asking the one person who matters in regards to what the best thing to do is-- you"

Now I just don't know if sending this will even help, or I should just keep my mouth shut.
>>
>>18263603
You can't make that sort of post without more detail. You lead them on for a year? Woman do that shit all the time, it ain't nothin special.
>>
why did you lead them on?
>>
>>18263603
Just stop, leave them alone. They've probably had enough of your bullshit and want nothing more to do with you. There's no way they'll know if anything you say to them is sincere, so it'll only torment them more.
>>
>>18263617
>>18263619

I guess a more detailed explanation of the whole situation is this:
>Jan 2016, met a guy, Richard. Started a fwb arrangement with them
>April 2016, met the guy who this post is about, Justin. Slept with him and told him I don't want a relationship
>July 2016, feel like Justin is getting too close, tell him that there is no future here. Didn't mention anything about Richard.
>Throughout 2016, I'm seeing both. Richard purely sexually, Justin and I going on dates. I was told by friends that I shouldn't mention anything about the other unless explicitly asked.
>February 2017, realise I'm developing feelings for Justin, the dating was still continuing. Richard was still in the picture.
> March 2017, Richard confesses feelings and I break it off
>Now Tell Justin that I had been seeing Richard the whole time. He's adamant that we had a conversation about us being exclusive and that I had said we were. I have no recollection of this. I know I was purposely avoidant when he asked me what I was doing on nights I spent with Richard. So I know to that extent I was omitting the truth to flat out lying.

I don't know if that helps clarify the situation.
>>
>>18263622
I thought this would be the case. Which is why I have not reached out to him. He has said that he's been wanting to kill himself over the situation, which is why I want to do anything to help give him closure, because a good person like him does not deserve to die
>>
>>18263647
>>18263653
I suppose if he's been contacting you it's probably alright to send it. Hopefully it doesn't end in him necking himself!
>>
>>18263675
I was hoping for some more opinions, but time matters at the moment, so I'll see what happens. I hope nothing bad.
>>
>>18263718
You picked a bad time, the Americans are asleep so /adv/ is dead.
>>
>>18263603
Your version is far too egotistical. By taking blame you're taking credit for imagined power over him, and by deciding unilaterally what's best for him you may be denying him closure.

Limit yourself to "I feel really bad about the way I treated you, and if talking about it will help, let's meet."

If you make contact, let HIM set the agenda. Follow his lead, just making sure you get in an apology and that (if this is what you want) you make it clear that starting up the relationship is not in the cards.

And then pay it forward. Make up for the bad karma of hurting him by doing good things in the future.
>>
>>18263726
Ah... If only I hadn't spent all day in bed. Thanks for replying
>>
>>18263729
This is good. We met last night, around 10 hours ago, after he messaged me asking to, to see if he hated me or loved me. I tried to apologise, it didn't seem to really help. I told him that pursuing a relationship given how much I've hurt him would be foolhardy.
We spoke a lot about the pain he was feeling, and how he was so ready to commit suicide, that his only fear was that his method might not kill him. So that's why I wanted to be the one reaching out this time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.