[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degeneracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: puppo.jpg (119KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
puppo.jpg
119KB, 540x960px
I've recently found to be disgusted with sexual promiscuity and hookup culture (If you need to, I can elaborate as to why I feel this way, but know it's not related to religion). As a result, I've decided to put more value into sex and not immediately jump on the chance when given it like I have the few times before.
However, I'm male in college, so with that in mind, the game is already rigged against me, as most women will be having sex on the reg because they can.

My question is, am I a fool for wanting to act this way?
>>
>>18263225
No, and I would recommend scrapping the mindset that "most women will be having sex on the reg because they can" for a few reasons:
1) blanket statements like will get you nowhere
2) hookup culture has permeated stereotypical young person society but that doesn't mean that every man and woman you see is ready to drop trough and bang.

Just be yourself, meet casual friends, find someone you connect with, and form a relationship.
>>
>>18263225

As a 30 year old guy raised in a conservative-ish family, yeah, you're foolish.

I'm going to pretend this isn't bait for the sake of the conversation. But really, you're still damn young, and haven't been exposed to the reality of life just yet. Sex isn't meaningless, since it's the biggest gateway to responsibility - that of another life - but it's also not precious for any other reasons that aren't manufactured.

You're blessed with the opportunity to live in a time where sex can be responsibly enjoyed between consenting adults without it resulting in disease or childbirth. The innovation of prophylactics means you can generally feel comfortable exploring and understanding sexuality better.

I'm not sure where your disgust comes from, but... dude. Relax.
>>
I feel similar OP. I've felt similar to you for a while.

The fact of the matter is people who think like this nowadays are a minority. Society is to sexualized and hookup culture is too rampant. If you want a chance at having kids you have to adapt. Even then though, one of you will likely end up cheating and leaving the other.

This is the sad truth.
>>
>>18263239
I never said that anybody is willing to bang, I am saying that given the opportunity I personally would not have casual sex with a relative stranger.
Additionally, the thing with women having sex is very real. Maybe not as widespread as I currently perceive, but it definitely happens with relative regularity. I lived in a 75% female dorm in a beach town and girls would go out all the time to get dicked basically.

>>18263242
I've had sex before bruv. I'm in no means disgusted by it. In fact, I feel lustful a lot of times and am ashamed of that lust (not that I have ample opportunity to satisfy it mind you). I'm talking specifically about putting value back in sex since I believe that that is more healthy despite it going against the cultural norm.

>>18263249
Could you elaborate somehow? I don't see how having kids factors into this other than yeah, hookup culture is destroying married life. What would adapting mean?
>>
>>18263225
Yes, you're a fool. There's plenty of time later in life when pussy won't be easy to get. It's silly to deny yourself that chance now - it'll never be served up as readily and easily as it is in college. Also, most girls worth a shit get wifed up in college. Don't be a fool, play the field a little, but don't be afraid to find a girl that's serious too
>>
>>18263266
But what about building a personal value on sex? Why is that a waste of time?

Also shit son I know. I'm very worried about trying to wife up after college since I know at that point women will just want me for my resources.
>>
>>18263242
You are a little out of line here.

Yeah, his attitude is childish - it's excessively judgmental. But although lots of people enjoy casual sex, many people simply don't, they're just wired differently, and that's absolutely fine. If he wants to "put more value into sex" and treat it as a special thing to be done between two people who really care about & trust each other, then more power to him - there's plenty of people who operate that way and make it work well for them.

>>18263260
That said, he's right that you really should drop the attitude.

Do what works for you, but understand that many people (both sexes) have casual sex when they're younger and despite what you'll read on here it doesn't emotionally numb them or ruin them for relationships when they're older. And it's ridiculous (and unhealthy) to feel ashamed for feeling "lustful." That's completely natural.

You are overcomplicating things. This really doesn't have to be any harder than live and let live.
>>
>>18263225
No not at all
>>
>>18263308
Why shouldn't I be judgmental if that lifestyle is something that I have to interact with regularly and doesn't line up with my own values? Like, I feel like hookup culture directly affects me whether I participate or not.
>>
Of course you're not foolish, you're just being true to yourself. Don't let anyone else tell you how you should think. The most common argument people make is that sex is some sort of commodity that you should actively value because they do, and the only reason they want you to value it is because it then increases their perceived value of it as well. When it comes to doing what will make you happy, you know better than anyone else.
>>
>>18263266
>risking your college degree for some pussy

women are the majority of college students and colleges are going to pander only to women. also because of this women have a very easy time of falsely accusing men of rape.
>>
>>18263357
I'm OP and that's neither here nor there, I'm assuming that that will not happen to me while I'm in college (though the fear is still there).
>>
>>18263350
>why shouldn't I be a judgmental asshole

Because it makes you a shittier person. Kind of offsets what you're supposedly doing by forsaking this "hookup culture" you find so immoral.

It's fine to have your own beliefs. Treating other people badly because they don't share your beliefs makes you a bad person. The end.
>>
>>18263366
So if someone has had way more partners than I have, but would consider wanting a relationship with them for whatever other reason, I should just not think about it?
>>
>>18263362
well just be ready just in case. make sure you save any text messages of her giving consent and audio record her giving conset. also you can sue the college for false rape damages but you will still have your reputation ruined forever because people like to take the word of the female without any evidence.
>>
>>18263372
Yeah.

If she's clean and doesn't have a history of cheating, are you really so insecure that you'll let some shit from her past that literally doesn't affect you ruin an otherwise perfectly good opportunity?

Is acting holier-than-thou more important than being happy?
>>
>>18263350
Nobody else has any obligation to live in accordance with your values. At all. That's why they're called YOUR values. That's how our society functions, and yes, it gets inconvenient sometimes, but it beats the alternative.
>>
>>18263382
Okay so tinfoil hat time:
Wouldn't it affect me if those statistics are true (you know the ones)? I feel like if you're very liberal with sex it's a barometer with how she will feel about sex in the future.
>>
>>18263382
>>18263400
I.E. compatibility wise
>>
>>18263372
Yes, stop being such a condescending asshole. You know those vegetarians/vegans that give you shit about eating meat? You're just like them.
>>
>>18263410
fuck this was actually very eye opening
>>
>>18263400
Please don't post those meme graphs again, everyone has seen them and they have been thoroughly debunked. Virginity does not guarantee a stable marriage or that she won't cheat.
>>
>>18263400
>wouldn't it affect me if some bullshit I read on the internet is true

Yeah, I guess it would, only if the bullshit you read on the internet is true. You do realize that even if those charts are accurate, there's still going to be women who've had 50+ partners and have never had an STD, right? And if your only label for how "liberal" someone is about sex is their number of partners, why does it matter if she wants to be monogamous? What's this "sexual compatibility" you think is dictated by partner count anyway?
>>
>>18263410
And what if the people you're sleeping with are the same people that threaten to kill and abuse others

You feel no remorse that you're encouraging their aggressive behavior?
>>
>>18263400
Look, being statistically more likely to cheat doesn't mean you WILL cheat; you probably pay more for car insurance than those girls you're being so judgmental about, because as a young male you're statistically more likely to be involved in an accident, but I'm willing to bet you're a more careful driver than they are. See?

If you meet a girl who seems down-to-earth, trustworthy, and loyal, and she happens to have had a lot of casual sex in the past, her history doesn't NEGATE those personality traits. You can't take anything in isolation.

Yes, if someone has a very different sexual history than you do, it's a sign that you might not be compatible, but of course, no two people are *perfectly* compatible in every way. If you work very well together in general, does that one sign of your potential lack of compatibility outweigh all the others? I'm asking, not telling - that's something only you can decide. Although, like you, I gravitate towards committed relationships and never was really into casual sex, for me the answer would still be a firm no, but you're entitled to reject anybody for literally any reason at all. It's entirely your choice.
>>
File: Happy Nat.png (686KB, 806x844px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Nat.png
686KB, 806x844px
>>18263239
>Just be yourself
>>
Yes, you're retarded.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.