[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking False Personalities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1487871158181.jpg (69KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487871158181.jpg
69KB, 720x360px
It seems that everywhere I go people adopt a persona in order to get along with others. More often than not this causes them to become boring to interact with as they are afraid to express their true thoughts out of fear of being disliked, or seen as weird. It's also pretty damaging, alot of them forget their true identity because they make themselves too agreeable with the opinions of others in order to please them and in return end up being easily influenced. They might also become bitter that they can't express their true thoughts to people's faces, which is what you see when someone who trusts you with their true self starts bitching about someone else behind their back. How do I get people to drop this annoying shit and be up front with me?
>>
>>18263218
Has it ever occurred to you that there's nothing left under that gilded shell of imitation? You can't put back together something that's so fragmented it's become a disintegrated pile of fake
>>
>>18263271
There is always something under the shell, even if that something is simply the realisation of how empty they truly are. It would be more toxic for them to continue living as a fake personality, rather than losing their ego and rebuilding themselves from the ground up if they really are fragmented.
>>
>>18263218
Read The Prince and watch The Godfather.

Being two faced is useful and a means to an end. Being upfront is stupid and honor is for the dead.

The smart guy smiles to your face and stabs you in the back at night.

But you may keep some people close to you who you are really upfront with. Close friends, your woman. Everyone else doesn't need to know what you are thinking.
>>
>>18263218
>>
>>18263368
>altruistic pussy ass bullshit
>>
>>18263338
I'm not scared of the criticism of others or getting hurt for being true to my self. If it does get me killed, which I doubt, then I'll have lived a life worth living. It comes down to whether you want to live or merely survive, if you value living for the sake of living then by all means continue to live as an imitation even if you're miserable. I'd rather live a life of meaning, even if it shortens my potential lifespan.
>>
>ego
>meaning
>muh feelings and inability to be tactical ennoble me.
>muh sincerity is a selfless sacrifice

Time to grow up and undisney yourself.

Where do you suppose this drive for 'meaning' originates from?
>>
What nobility!

Seriously kill yourself OP. Commit suicide with a gun to your head faggot.
>>
>>18263384
You clearly didn't get the point of my post. Again, read The Prince and watch The Godfather.

Once you establish what you want then you need to hurdle the extetnalities. Not politically navigating the external is fucking stupid if you ever want to meet your goals.

Authenticity means being true to yourself despite externalities. If you do not utilize your mind and your political and social skills to negate externalities you will fail to ever meet the goals that you desire.

Read The Prince. Watch The Godfather.
>>
>>18263218

You think you're a special snowflake, but you're not. You think you're being that guy who "calls it like it is," but you're being a dick. You think everyone sees the world like you.

Some people are sucking up and putting on a mask to look right. Some people are genuine. It's your job to conquer your own cynicism and work within that, knowing when to sift through the bullshit and when to believe.
>>
>>18263447
I don't really have to look for meaning, I've found it in that I live my life moment to moment according to what makes me happy and am up front about it. The distinction here is that I do it because it makes me happy, not because I care about how I appear. What I do could make you perceive me as either a gigantic asshole or a saint, so I don't understand where you're getting the notion that I'm disney'd up or some shit. What's important to me is that I'm honest about it, because I've found that I'm not happy when I have to pretend.
>>
>>18263495
You're first sentence is pretty much all assumption, I know I'm the same as everyone else in that we hide our true thoughts, I know because I still do it as much as I try not to. I'm talking about the damage of adopting these fake personalities from my own experience of doing so, not from observation of others from up on some pedestal. Reframing the question for you, I'm asking how to get other people to be honest with me and trust me with what they really think.
>>
File: aku2t.png (148KB, 415x270px) Image search: [Google]
aku2t.png
148KB, 415x270px
>>18263496
>I've found it in that I live my life moment to moment according to what makes me happy and am up front about it

>rather than losing their ego and rebuilding themselves from the ground up if they really are fragmented.

>losing ego

You are ego personified, only how you feel moment to moment matters to you and you have turned this into a virtue for yourself you deluded infant.
People act fake to avoid dramatics or because they got over the childish notion that emotional experience of things is the most important.

You renounce tact because you are incapable and unwilling and then present it as an authenticity that is supposed to be more valuable. Your ego is taking you on an immature ride toward a dead end you fool.
>>
>>18263527
>I can't trust people because I used to be a horrible shitty person
>how do I get people to be honest with me

How about stop projecting your personal shit on everyone else, accept that some people are decent and honest and some people are conniving shits, and get over yourself.
>>
>>18263563
Yeah pretty much this.
>>
>>18263370
You're free to feel that way.
>>
>>18263496

Let go of happiness, you aren't going to be happy all the time and you have no control over that. Trying to chase your own happiness instead of whats better for you in the long run can have life-fucking consequences.

People don't have fake personalities, they might play up or play down certain aspects of it, or display different traits around family or partners vs. friends and acquaintances. Younger people often are still trying to figure out what kind of personality they want to have and what kind of person they want to be and might appear ingenuine because of that.

Stop your pseudo-enlightened bullshit and go read a book.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.