[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the matter with my fiance? lately, he has been extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3401.jpg (391KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3401.jpg
391KB, 1600x1200px
what's the matter with my fiance? lately, he has been extremely unconcentrated. he loses all his stuff, he forgets what we talked about a day before, he forgets appointments, he thinks he told me stuff that he never told me, it just seems like his brain has completely lost it.
he noticed himself and his mom has asked me about it too, so it's not just my own perception.
>>
added information: his own explanation is that his mind is focused on other stuff. whoch mght be true (we're getting married, he just changed his job, we will have a baby, we will move,...) but that won't change anytime soon and it is pretty inconvenient to try and organize my life with him when he's like that. i mean, yesterday i told him twice that today is my mom's birthday and we are invited for dinner and twice he told me "oh yeah, i already forgot about that again". or this morning i woke up to find that he has left for work without his glasses (that he needs for driving, especially when it's still dark...) and without his watch that he normally wears every day.
two days ago it was his birthday and we went to his parents for coffee and cake and i asked him to ask his mom if i could bring the cake. she said yes please but he never told me. so when we were in the car already, i asked him if his mom had never answered and he said "oooh yeah she did but i forgot to tell you". so we had to get a shitty store bought cake whoch was pretty embarassing, given that i said i'd bring a home made one.
he also forgot to say his boss that he needs vacation in autumn and now he can only take one instead of two weeks and we have already booked.

might sound like minor stuff, but it adds up and always ends with me trying to do some damage controle.
>>
>>18263234
first fat guy
second brian x2
then old guy couch x2
then college student
then redhead dude x2
then mia chick
then black dude
then advisor guy
then classmate chick
then couch guy
then apartment guy x2

sorry just making a list of who I've cheated on my gf with
>>
>>18263246
thats so sad. I'm the worst
oh, and hispanic guy
>>
>>18263246
>>18263250

you should seek professional help
>>
>>18263215
If he is happy in the relationship I would get him to a doctor to get things checked out. CT maybe too.
>>
>>18263254
idk why i do it, really i don't
>>
>>18263257
he says so. we have a really good relationship.
i'm not very worried that it might be a medical issue. (althought, if this keeps up, i'll definitely ask him to get it checked).
i suspect that he lacks focus and clearing his mind. like his thoughts are always a hurricane. he is very sporty and lately, he lacks energy to even exercise. that DOES worry me, because i know it's important to him. might he be depressed?
i also think that if he would take up his active lifestyle again, the brain fog would pass too. i thought about asking him to meditate with me to get him to calm his thoughts. he used to meditate but haven't in a long time.
>>
>>18263259
becaus you have low selfesteem and desperately need sexual validation and feeling desireable since you are sure you're actually worthless. that's why you rely on so many sources and your gf's affection is never enough. as i said : professional help
>>
>>18263275
Do you seriously think memory/depression/mental issues aren't medical issues? Because they are. Whether it's psychological or physiological memory issues this bad coupled with lack of energy and inability to focus is SUPER indicative of a medical issue.

He should be checked out to make sure that's not what it is.
>>
>>18263215
>>18263275
Take him to the doc.
Sounds like a medical condition just set in, not depression.
Sooner the better.
>>
>>18263297
i meant, i don't think he has alzheimer or s tumor or anything like that. ofc psychological issues are medical too. might have worded that wrong.
problem is, he never goes to the doc... i would have to be pretty convincing and drag him there to get him checked. not to mention if i tell him i think it might be psychological issues.
>>
>>18263306
ok then. i might have to get his mom on the boat then, because i don't think i can convince him that he needs to get this checked.
>>
now that i think bout it, this is actually urgent. he's also unconcentrated whilst driving. he almost killed us twice in the last 3 weeks... that has never happened before.
>>
>>18263309
Shitty new nurse here, it doesn't sound like psych.
Depression doesn't make you forgetful/"foggy" like that.
>>
>>18263332
i thought it might be psych because it seems more an energy and "i don't care" thing than a "wow, that completely slipped my mind and i don't know why" situation. not a "yeah, that's not important to me" way, more in a "this is all too much and my mind is always racing" way. but that's just my own assumptions and i guess a professional opinion might be needed.
>>
>>18263341
When did it start?
Did it get worse over time?
How old is everyone?
What is his mind racing about, have you asked him to explain in detail?

Are your descriptions his words/paraphrasing? I'm having a hard time reconciling "Low energy/doesn't care" with "not in a 'doesn't care' way but rather a 'I'm always busy/my mind is racing' way".
It sounds contradictory.
>>
>>18263377
>>18263377
that's hard to say, i mean, everyone lacks concentration and forgets stuff occasionall. it's only lately that it seems to me that it isn't on normal levels. might be that it's already a while but now i pay more attention? i'd say 3 weeks or so

he's 23 and otherwise very healthy.

we haven't yet talked about it specifically (it only really occured to me that it has gotten rather bad lately today). i'll do that tonight. yesterday when i asked why he had forgot to tell me about the cake (i asked him to weite his mom, she answered and that happened in a span of 10 mins and he still forgot to tell me) and he gave me a kind of foggy answe (that his mind is occupied with other stuff like our baby).
he is generally rather anxious and i know he has a tendency to overthink and somehow i feel like this overrhinking has gotten way worse lately, to the point where his mind is constantly going back over things (for example, i've got a bladder infection and could not have sex for 3 days because it hurt like hell. yesterday he was acting all weird and when i asked him what's wrong he said he thinks i don't want to have sex with him anymore. when i clearly told him it's strictly medical reasons and we did other sexual stuff to compensate...).

yeah, that was contradictory. sorry, i need to sort my thought about his too and i'm also making this thread between work.
>>
>>18263327
Radical changes in mental state are very bad. He needs to go to the doctor.
>>
He bout to have a stroke RIP yung forgetful
>>
>>18263618
That's not how strokes work.

>>18263585
Def. talk, ask him what's on his mind, see how coherent he seems.
Good time to talk about going to the doc & getting some tests done, (probably a blood draw, maybe a bit more depending on what their impression is).

Do you think it's possible he has a drug problem?
>>
>>18263655
no, he doesn't take any drugs. and i'm pretty sure about this. he's either at work or at home lately so i think i would have noticed.
>>
>>18263678
He has to travel between the two.
And people with problems can get crafty.

But if you don't think that's the case then that's that.

Have a talk to get a better picture of what he & his thoughts are like, maybe talk to his mom some more, get him to the doc soon.
>>
>>18263695
that's true. but i would have to seriously miscalculate his personality and i know how long his commute is and i'm always rather surprised how fast he's home.

anyways, thanks a lot for your help. i think there's no point in thinking about this any further aslong as i havenmt actually had a talk with him and got his opinion on it.
>>
>>18263234
i really hope he changes his mind about marrying you
stupid bitch, HELP HIM OUT YOU MOTHERFUCKER PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>18263757
how should i have helped him in those situations? i'm also not his mom.
>>
>>18263776
No but his fiancé. Dumb bitch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.