[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas For an Academic Paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: oi.jpg (68KB, 800x351px) Image search: [Google]
oi.jpg
68KB, 800x351px
Alright, lads. I have to write a research paper about either
1. climate change attitudes
2. Hispanic/Latino vote
3. Terrorism and ethnic conflicts
I essentially have to come up with a "puzzle" or research question and a hypothesis/hypotheses to test. What do you guys think is the most interesting topic of the 3? What are some potential topics?
>>
>>18262937
Terrorism and ethnic conflict seems to be an easy topic to write about, considering how prevalent it is in today's fucked up world.
>>
>>18262937
I agree with >>18263012
There's a lot of info out there at the moment. Sweden would definitely be a good example to use in this context. Their own media and government are insisting there's no problems, would make an interesting discussion point on how badly they are handling it.
>>
>>18263012
That's what I'm thinking as well, I'm just having trouble coming up with a specific research question or phenomenon to write about
>>
>>18263017
Good stuff. I'm always seeing "Sweden is cucked" posts and memes on 4chan. It would definitely be interesting to examine it more in depth
>>
>>18263021
Maybe how if a westerner emigrated to the middle east, theyou wouldn't accommodate their culture. If I went to one of those countries with no drinking, no unaccompanied women, no sex without marriage laws, I'd have no choice but to follow those laws.

The western countries build mosques, allow halal butchering and even in Sweden they allow them to keep their child brides. These countries are at risk of losing their cultural identity.
>>
>>18263046
This paper is for a Political Inquiry class, though. We need to use statistic, charts and the like to support our findings. That topic is definitely interesting, but I dont think it'll cut it for this assignment
>>
>>18263052
The Swedish government have their statistics service locked down. No ethnic data in crime statistics (that change is very recent). They also fiddled the definitions of crimes like rape so they don't look as bad under the new definitions.
>>
>>18263052
Maybe climate change would be easier for data like that. Maybe look at how attitudes have changed, a lot of non believers now believe and vice versa. Trumps new policies would be an interesting talking point. Maybe look at the nations who don't make any effort to improve and what motivations they have for ignoring world pressure to reduce emissions.
>>
Bring in a Big Idea Question : How does skepticism breed fear?

I teach 9th grade history and would accept this question as a connecting point between your three items, personally.

Good luck.
>>
>>18263073
God damn
>Sweden
>>18263083
Im leaning towards that topic, honestly. I made a quick google search and already I've found 4 sources with tons of data on climate change attitudes, trends, and statistics. Looks promising so far
>>18263094
Thanks. I'll have to incorporate that somehow in my paper
>>
>>18263108
Dunno how it is in your country, but if you're in education above high school search with Google scholar. Get a few journals and papers in there as well as general Web links. Lecturers love that shit.

Science Direct have a decent pool of academic papers. I just skim the abstract, see if it's relevant and cite them as a source.
>>
>>18263123
Yea I'm probably going to use my university's online database. Im in the US, btw
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.