[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this law firm is coming after me for some damage I caused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492456416033.jpg (42KB, 340x411px) Image search: [Google]
1492456416033.jpg
42KB, 340x411px
So this law firm is coming after me for some damage I caused to this lady's car. How does this sort of thing work? Can I pay them back incrementally? Can make a settlement for something smaller? I'm really stressed about calling them back.
>>
Just call them and ask what they want. All the questions you just asked could be answered by them. Don't admit to anything.
>>
>>18262779
The claim was already filed with the insurance agency they represent. They know it was me.
>>
>>18262779
>>18262788
Oh and they want like $900
>>
Simple answer: give them $900 and stop driving like shit.

Complicated answer: hire a lawyer for several thousand dollars and stop driving like shit.
>>
File: IMG_1061.jpg (76KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1061.jpg
76KB, 800x598px
>>18262794
I don't drive like shit. It was like .025 seconds of negligence. Damage looked like pic related. No joke.
>>
>>18262741
>>18262794
THIS
>>
>>18262800
That looks like shit bro
>>
>>18262800
isnt that bad. arrenge with her, and go to a workshop for it to be fixed at your expense.
easy
>>
>>18262849
It was in a different city and its already been fixed.
>>
Just call them back. I'm sure they'll be able to put you on a payment plan. Better for them to get all the money out of you eventually than none or just some of the money out of you now.
>>
>>18262853
well then ask her for the bill she had to pay and that's it.
what? she doesnt have it? Then where the fuck did that 900 bucks number came from?!
>>
>>18262864
Yeah, ok.
>>18262868
The law firm, pay attention.
>>
just call your car insurance and tell them to deal with it if you don't have 900$.
>>
>>18262879
Oops! forgot about that.
Humm... i think you should just pay the 900 or try asking for a payment plan, you may end up paying a little more but at least they will get their money and you can take it easy with the payment.
seems fair enough for me.
>>
>>18262741
"I don't have $900 and am not likely to see that sum in the near future. I can scrape together $600 right now if you will accept that as payment in full, or I can commit to $20 a month for the next 7 years"

Don't offer anything less than 2/3 and do have the $600 ready.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.