[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Esteem is fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5053.jpg (74KB, 450x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5053.jpg
74KB, 450x652px
My self esteem is so low that I'm distrustful of compliments from friends or even when girls approach me. Why am I like this? How do I stop and just start liking myself?
>>
File: sUY5sj4.gif (2MB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
sUY5sj4.gif
2MB, 500x436px
>>18262351
>girls approach you

If girls are approaching you that means you are obviosuly attractive.

REMEMBER: You are not what you think you are, you are what other people think you are. If girls are approaching you, who cares what you think, they think you are attractive, and that's all what matters.
>>
>>18262351
Hit the gym
Be worth of their compliments

Fuck. Be better than it.
>>
Sort out the bullshit in your head.

Stop being an asshole to those who are nice to you.

Take control over your mood instead of letting bullshit from the internet control it.
>>
Very common for people who have been ridiculed or ostracized in the past. Do some serious introspection on whether youre feeling that way because of how you are right now or if its due to something in the past. Based on your post, if youre getting approached by girls chances are youre good looking.
>>
>>18262351
try picking up a copy of gorilla mindset by mike cernovich
>>
P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E
Like everything in life, in order for you to start doing something better or in a more constant way, you need to start practicing it.

Obviously some self-steem problems are linked to early childhood and traumas through life, and that is good to look at too, in order to understand which practices will work better for you, or even to bring to the light the darkened and forgotten reason you think bad things of yourself.

But then again, even knowing all those things, you should practice the good thoughts daily, the self appreciation, the motivation and all those things you wish to have and don't.

It's good that you see your bad self-steem, it really means you are ready to start changing it, some people don't see it and blame others for their own bad thoughts.

So... practice! Make a list for yourself, everyday you spend 10 minutes looking in the mirror and telling yourself what you like on yourself, then, you notice what you'd like to change (but not judging the imperfections).

The next 10 minutes, you'll spend thinking about good things that happened to you, in a way that your mood lifts... The next 10, you congratulate yourself for your accomplishments, no matter how small.

Now you go do what you want to do. "I'm too tired", "It's cold" and other excuses are deviations, look at them and say "I know... I'm tired, I don't like doing this now, I surely would rather do this other thing that I always do... But hey, I do want to change. If I want to change, I should act differently, so today I'll do this no matter the cold, no matter the tiredness, no matter whatever".

It's not easy bro, I know it's not, believe me, I've been there... Every step you make will help, and you should reward yourself for making it. When you do the thing differently, or think high of yourself, give yourself a pat on the pack, eat the meal you love, go play the game you wish for a while. It's a little reward you give yourself for doing things in a less self-harmful way.
>>
>>18262954
>>18262965
I'm pretty fit because of my sport (surfing), most of the girls that approach me are waiting for waves and bored or asking for tips.
>>18262971
Yeah I've been told that I come off as an asshole but I'm kind of shy and don't wanna bother anyone so I stay quiet.
>>18263153
My group of friends were kind of outcasts and even though the school bullied us we would rip even harder on each other but in a non serious way kind of a coping mechanism, that way when people say shit to us we heard it all before (like 8 mile). I'm still pretty insecure though. Also, a girl I hooked up with once said she approached me because I seemed nonthreatening and that made me feel kinda beta.
>>
>>18262351
I recommend that you become with the term SONDER.
What I hope you gain perspective on is the complexity of life and the realization that life's Focus is not centered on you, in a positive way.
>>
>>18263186
familiar with the term*
>>
>>18262954
>tfw paranoia runs in the family
>tfw the first time a girl approached me i thought her bf was hiding somewhere waiting to jump me
>tfw scared to bang any girl that isn't a hooker because i know i'll end up spending the next month worrying about knocking her up or getting nailed with a rape charge
>>
>>18263186
thanks. I had similar thoughts about people living their lives and the shit they have to deal with. It's freeing, almost like a form of nihilism
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.