[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graduation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1439873305194.png (82KB, 239x229px) Image search: [Google]
1439873305194.png
82KB, 239x229px
I'm graduating soon from a 4 year degree in Psychology
I realize now of all times that I would do great with a medical career.
I just got a decent job as a Medical Scribe and it got me thinking about going for a post-bacc in pre-med.

Would this be a waste of time? I feel like my psych degree will get me nowhere but I wanna eventually go into med school. I feel like it might be too late and I should do something else. Help I feel so lost right now.

BTW I'm turning 22 in 2 weeks
>>
>>18262126
Shameless self bump.
>>
>>18262126
If you have money and patience go for it. You are young in uni only once.

If you fail, just go back to doing psycho stuff.

And now you will make me a favor in return. Post literature in english which is about depression, how to diagnose it and how to treat it. You as proffesional should have no problem posting link to stuff which is good material.
>>
>>18262202
Thanks, I think my problem is that I never thought I could do more than psych. Besides, it doesn't make as much dough as medical careers anyways
>>
>>18262228
WHERE IS MY LITERATURE OP?

Dont you dare to leave without posting at least what you used to study!
>>
>>18262126

No it won't be a waste, OP. If you truly want to go to med school, you will definitely need those pre-req courses. Buy up some MCAT prep books and study those while taking those pre-reqs. Becoming a physician is a long fucking journey.

Also, you will find much better advice for this on the Student Doctor Network forums than here.
>>
And should you decide med school is the path you want to take, do not apply Caribbean!!!
>>
>>18262235
I got you man. From my knowledge it's all about realizing the reality of your situation and seeing how you can change it positively. CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy, it's a way to cure depression without meds. http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/major-depression-living-well/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-techniques/
>>
>>18262244
Thanks for the tip, I'm going right now!
>>
You need to get some pre reqs for med school, and you need to get a good score on the MCAT. Your GPA should ideally be atleast a 3.7. You need community service, medical volunteering/having a job in a medical setting, shadowing under a doctor, and a good amount of leadership. If you are into the research side of things, and want to apply to a research heavy medical school, you should have a good amount of research experience (at least 2-3 years)
>>
>>18262126
>22
That's fucking young. Keep studying right now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.