[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend got stabbed at school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 5n4hxb05b5qy.jpg (48KB, 750x698px) Image search: [Google]
5n4hxb05b5qy.jpg
48KB, 750x698px
>friend is 17
>stabber is 14
>friend is throwing Dodge ball around
>dodge ball accidently hits 14 year old
>14 year old gets pissed
>charges at friend with a screwdriver
>tries to stab him in chest
>friend ends up getting stabbed in shoulder
>8 weeks later and still has a scare

The stabber got suspended for a few days as punishment and had to apologise to my friend.

The punishment seems a bit lenient to me, what do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure the stabber has anger issues, so some could argue that he can't help it if he loses control.

Did the stabber get a harsh enough punishment? What is the best way to reform the stabber?
>>
>>18261428
beat the shit out of him
>>
Your friend should fuck him up next time he sees him.
>>
>>18261428
Call the police and press charges. This is assault with a deadly weapon.

Key here is to think not just about your friend but everyone else. Who else will he do this to if he doesn't face real consequences?
>>
>>18261489
this, the only step up would be to press charges or beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>18261489
I go to a democratic school in which the students and teachers decide the rules together through voting and discussing issues. The school (from my perspective) seems to be very lenient on people who break the rules.

When you get the watery-eyed fat 14-year-old saying he feels really bad about what he's done people seem to sympathise with him. We also have a teacher who is very charismatic who seems to be good at swaying the school into not giving the kid a real punishment.

I get the impression that the teacher things that punishment doesn't rehabilitate people, or at least not in the case of first-time offences.
Do you think the student should not use the school for assistance but instead go to the police? is this issue "bad enough" for the police to deal with?
>>
>>18261473
will chimping out really solve anything? Nogging is not the answer.
>>
>>18261514
They can always take it to civil court and get some money.
>>
>>18261514
*thinks (didn't mean to say "things"
>>
I think i will suggest to my friend that he should go to the police.

How do you guys think a normal school would handle the situation? In my opinion, the punishment seems far too lenient.
>>
>>18261519
There is no other options.
>>
>>18261514
If the student is not satisfied with the school's response, yeah it's time to go to the police.

The kid assaulted another kid with a deadly weapon. He should be expelled if not face additional legal consequences.
>>
>>18261428
your friend's parents need to press charges against the kid and file a lawsuit against the school for mishandling the situation.
>>
>>18261428
your friend should have called the cops and pressed charges, that's what your friends parents SHOULD HAVE DONE.
>>
I also had my forearm slit at this school a few years ago. However this one may have been my fault.

>be me
> chilling in art room
> me and stabber number 2 are both about 13-14
> I have arm laying out on the table
>stabber number 2 says can I cut your arm?
>I say yes (when I said I felt like I was not being serious, this may have not been clear though)
> stabber number 2 says "you sure you want me to stab you?"
>I say "yea sure"
>he slices my arm
>it gets infected
>hurts like fuck for days
>school calls a meeting about
> the story gets gets told
>people start saying how I'm an idioit and its my fault
> mom comes Into school to talk to teacher about situation
>teacher says I'm a dumbass
>kinda true I guess
>4 years later and I still have that scar on my arm

This kid had a history of violence, had gotten into fights many times before. The school didn't really take this into account.

To be fair I did literally ask to get my arm cut, so there's always that.

Stabber number 2 got no punishment

Is this good/bad?
>>
> get the impression that the teacher things that punishment doesn't rehabilitate people,

It doesn't and the criminal-justice system just perpetuates crime, but it's not like they are doing anything rehabilitative for this kid, either. He's still going to continue his shitty behaviour unless he's put in an actual programme and gets counseling and shit. It doesn't sound like they are doing that, so at least having legal consequences will protect others from him for a short time. Better than doing nothing.

I'm usually a very anti-retributionist pro-rehabilitation guy, but this kid just sounds like an asshole, and coddling won't do him much good, either.
>>
>>18261896

Surely short term punishment works when combined with positive reinforcement? Is that not what the psychological consensus is?

From my perspective, forcing the kid to have councilling and to meditate would be a good idea.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.