[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with a cyberstalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Long story incoming. Advice needed!

Dated a guy for 3 months back in my undergrad. Turned out to be a total liar and super-manipulative. Broke things off. Tried to remain on good terms. That was a bad idea, so I blocked him on Facebook.

He started working on campus and would often yell passive-aggressive remarks about me if I passed by.

Years have passed, and he has continued to try to get in touch with me, despite me being very firm about how I want nothing to do with him. I have explicitly asked him to leave me alone.

I have blocked him on Facebook with 8 different accounts, including one with a fake name because he was so mad about me blocking his main account. I try to stay proactive about it and block him before he can get to me. He hasn't done in-person stalking since 2010 or 2011. It's just Facebook at this point. I generally screenshot his attempts at contact.

It's been almost 8 years. Help a girl out?

If you made someone uncomfortable, what would it take for you to leave them alone? What does it take to get rid of someone who doesn't care about personal boundaries?

He has known about my boyfriend for a long time, so I doubt anything about that will make a difference.

Since most of it has been online, it's hard to make a case for it with police. I also no longer live in the same state as him. I'm just concerned because it used to be like every year-and-a-half that he tried to make contact, and now it's getting much more frequent, more like every few months.

He deletes his Facebook account and then once he makes a new one, he tries to contact me.

I have two contacts that could maybe speak with him. I get the sense that at least one of them has tried to talk to him about it. The other one has moved to a different state, but maybe he can message him or something.

If you have any suggestions or advice, please do let me know. I hate anxiety attacks, and I may be a terrible person, but I don't deserve to be cyber-stalked. .............. Probably.
>>
what makes you a horrible person?
>>
>>18261398
This may sound very shocking to a normie, but
>you dont need facebook to live

The key point is to not delete it (that would make him go and kill you in person), but completely ignore it and never log in again.

Easy.
>>
>>18261398
OP, in any case, whatever you do, never, ever, ever get someone to speak to him. This could end up him having a complete psychotic breakdown (as an erotomaniac he will feel you have betrayed him in his love to you) and he might end up killing your friends and you, then himself.

The best advice I can give: Well, it' s been 8 years, move away. Hell, even change names. Don't even block him (that gives him attention and hope), just let the requests stay there.
COMPLETELY IGNORE EVERYTHING. NO CONTACT.
Okay?
>>
If it's just facebook, who cares? Block him and close the screen nigga
>>
>>18261411
That's just my depression talking. I generally try to be nice, but a lot of people push me away.

>>18261420
I have social anxiety, and it's one of the only ways to talk to certain people I want to keep in touch with.

>>18261444
I did move away. Thanks, though. You've got a point about him having a psychotic breakdown. He's a volatile person, and it may not be worth the risk.

>>18261452
I have blocked him 8 times. He keeps coming back with new accounts and harassing me via the private messaging system.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.