[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people get the energy to do things on their free time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1882.png (150KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1882.png
150KB, 400x300px
How do people get the energy to do things on their free time?

I'm having a day off from work and I was supposed to spend it cleaning up the house (this place is goddamn filthy, I haven't cleaned in months) and all I'm managing to do is lay in bed on my phone.

I'm trying to tempt myself to get up and put clothes on so I could go out for a smoke but it doesn't seem to be happening.
>>
>>18260782
Only allow yourself to be on your phone/internet for 1 hour a day (not including if you need it for work)

you'd be amazed how much can be accomplished when you're not pissing away your life
>>
Everyone is different. Different folks need different levels & amounts of time for rest & recuperation, especially if your job is taxing or stressful.

If, however, you find that you generally stay in bed whenever you possibly can, that could be a sign of depression. Not cleaning in months can be another sign. Have you considered talking to someone about that?
>>
>>18260782
It's ok to do nothing sometimes. But you could also try healthier lifestyle.
>>
>>18260782

what do you eat? many of us eat like shit cuz when we were kids we ate like shit and it didnt effect us badly, but we dont realize that as we get older we require actual nutrients to be healthy.

if you find that your diet is mostly meat, starch, and sweets, you are probably missing out on the key vitamins and nutrients that fruits and vegetables provide, ones that really are supposed to make up the majority of your diet despite what the food pyramid says.

its like a car that hasnt had an oil change in forever. you keep putting gas in and it barely chugs along but it seems really difficult and worn down.
>>
>>18260804

and for the record, no, a small side of greenbeans with dinner is not going to be enough to keep you healthy. you should have one meal a day thats just fruit and veggies.
>>
>>18260789
I live alone in the middle of nowhere and I do a three-shift job.

What the hell else am I supposed to be doing? I'd just spiral into panic attacks being hyper-aware that there is nothing in my life.

Like, sure, I could pick up basket weaving or something but I've found I don't like having hobbies. They just feel like a waste of money.

>>18260790
Oh, yeah. They first made me talk to someone when I was like eight and had started talking about wanting to die.

I forgot it was a symptom. I've had shit experiences with mental health care before so I'm not sure if I'm procrastinating getting help right now or if I'm flat-out ignoring it.

>>18260795
I try to eat every day and not drink every day.
>>
>>18260804
Today I've had a can of beer and a chunk of cheese.

>>18260806
I buy frozen veggies sometimes. I don't have a freezer but you can eat them cold once they've melted so you don't have to bother with cooking anything.
>>
>>18260821
I would highly recommend getting back on that mental health care wagon. I'm sorry you had bad experiences in the past, that really sucks, but finding a therapist who's a right fit for you can make a huge difference.

The other advice in this thread is good too (making sure you diet is balanced, imposing limits on your internet time, things like that) but I do them while going to therapy, not instead of going to therapy.
>>
>>18260821
not all hobbies have to be expensive. Do something that betters you. Read a book, learn to draw, write, etc.
>>
>>18260839
I was planning to ask for a shrink on my work health examination but it looks like I've forgotten to book a new time. I slept past the previous one since I forgot to put an alarm. I was probably too hung over to go anyway.

Gotta figure out how to get them to take it seriously.
>>
>>18260852
I DO draw. And I read. I do it for like 20 minutes before I get bored and quit doing it. Instead, I'll lay on the floor or something.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.