[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate never leaves the dorm room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px)
image.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
I have this roommate. Our dorm room is small as fuck and she's always in the room. She studies something stupid (biology) I study math and computer science. I spend all day in the library but sometimes I want to go home and be alone. But she's there.
When I went to the orientation, the guy told us:
Don't worry about how small the room is, you won't be spending time there anyway. But she does!
One time I asked her to go study somewhere else (when it was like 6 am and she was still up studying for a test because she sleeps 12 hours a day so of course she's not ready) and she said "no way".
I swear if I met her outside the dorms I maybe would think she is an ok person but now? I hate her so fucking much.
She is also vegan but eats only junk food, this is why she is fat and sleeps so fucking much.
And before you think she is just shy, she has some friends and she is not shy of me at all. She just takes advantage of me being polite. If she was shy no way would she keep me up at night for her stupid biology test.
I spoke to a guy that studied biology and he said it is literally the easiest degree in our uni. He could party and not do homework and still passed. Then I don't understand wtf she does in the room all day? Maybe she is retarded?
I want to kill myself
>>
You need professional help.
>>
what fucking advice are you expecting? There is nothing you can do. Asking her to leave is stupid considering she lives there. I had a roommate my first semester that never left and also didn't shower which smelled up the room something awful. School is almost over so just deal with it for a few more weeks.
>>
>>18260663
there are a few things to unpack in your post
It seems like you might have a couple of valid complaints, but they're buried under mountains of spite and unwarranted hostility.

Your roommate spends lots of time in the dorm and doesn't leave when you ask her to?
Tough. It's her home too.

You don't like her major?
Another person in the same program said he finds it easy?
You don't like her eating habits?
Literally who fucking cares. This has nothing to do with you. There is no reason whatsoever for you to get upset over this.

The only - ONLY - thing you mention that is a legit complaint is that you said she keeps you up at night. That's a problem. That's a fair thing to talk to her about. But jesus christ, don't bring up any of that other irrelevant bullshit.
>>
>>18260663
NEWS FLASH She has precisely as much right to be in the room as you do, and you have zero right to ask her to leave.

Nexgt year get a place all by yourself.
>>
You're the retard here. Asking someone to leave at 6AM out of the blue? Are you fucking serious? Because you "want to be alone"? I would get it if you wanted to be with a boyfriend or something and asked her nicely ahead of time that you'd like to be alone during an evening but randomly asking someone to leave their room at 6-fucking-AM just because you don't want them there is mental. She fucking lives there, she's not "taking advantage" of you by being inside her room, don't try to play the victim.

What she eats is none of your business and how much she wants to study is her prerogative as well, believe it or not some people need to study a bit more than others and some people would like to get a little more out of college than barely passing grades so there's lots of valid reasons she could have for studying hard. Deal with it you obnoxious fucking cunt. If you want to be alone so much, then get a single room or a flat if you can't afford it then tough shit that's the price you have to pay. Honestly if this shit is the worst thing she does then you won the roommate lottery, you could have it a lot fucking worse.
>>
>>18260671
kek
>>
>>18260663
You sound like an asshole. It would be understandable if she was detrimental to your health, but this shit is First World Problems tier of stupidity.

Either make enough money to live on your own or deal with it.
>>
Anyone bitching about this girl has a "right to be in the room because she lives there" is retarded and has no experience living in the dorms. If the girl is just studying, there are places she can go for that. Anon has nowhere else to go to sleep - they have more of a right to being in the dorm than her roommate for that specific purpose. You can study in the library, in dorm common areas, in the student center etc. You can ONLY sleep in your dorm. When your roommate asks you to leave the dorm or turn the light off so they can sleep, and you have other options on places to go do whatever you're doing then the polite thing to do is to leave!

Anon, ask your RA for help mediating the issue, or be firmer with your roommate. You have a right to sleep (even if you don't really have a right to alone time), your roommate can study elsewhere at 6am.
>>
>>18260898
Sorry bitch but she does have a right to be in the dorms. My roommate would do similar shit my freshman year. Play computer games until 2 in the morning. Anon cannot force her to leave and she did not mention that as a repeating issue, just a one time thing.
>>
>>18260898
If having the light on keeps you from sleeping that's your problem. Sleeping masks work perfectly well. Sorry, but, no, you're wrong. You're NEVER "entitled" to make your roommate leave the room. It's just as much their home as it is yours. If you can't work out a compromise then that's on you for being a cunt like OP.
>>
>>18260911
So because your roommate was inconsiderate, this anon deserves the same?
>>
>>18261870
How did you extract that from my original message? My central message was that you have to put up with some shit. Every part of life isn't going to be as convenient as we would like. There will be situations that test our patience. OP can get a sleeping mask if light bothers her. Bitching about the situation will not remedy it.
>>
>>18260663
Sounds like you're not cut out for dorm life. If you can't handle it, I'd say try going to someone and asking to switch rooms.
>>
>>18261890
I'll extract whatever I want, fight me 1v1
>>
OP you sound passive aggressive and entitled. Most of the fucking retards in this thread also sound passive aggressive and entitled.

take a look at >>18260911
>My roommate would do similar shit my freshman year. Play computer games until 2 in the morning.
yeah, either because you were also up at 2am, or were to much of a pussy to confront him.

If you aren't able to sleep at night make a common "quiet time" with her. If she doesn't want to budge bitch to your RA. Most likely nothing will change because it's not actually a problem.

The issue is you're both passive aggressive but she has already established dominance over your dorm. She owns it, she gets to be alone when ever she wants, why would she leave if her roommate is always gone? You could just start staying in your room more until it gets on her nerves and she fucks when she wants to be alone.
>>
>>18261925
desu, I'm just sour, cus I had a roommate, who'd come back at like 3am and take a shower, even though we discussed that it wakes me up, cus the shower was behind the wall directly behind my bed. So I had to sleep with ear plugs for months. Thankfully I moved out and sleep like a baby now (wake up several times per night, cry, piss and shit myself)
>>
>>18261938
>most of the fucking retards in this thread also sound passive aggressive
>yeah, either because you were also up at 2am, or were to much of a pussy to confront him

try not talking in third person, retard. You're actually an idiot. This isn't about her roommate making power plays and trying to be the alpha. Her roommate is just inconsiderate stays in the room all the time. Like you said, nothing will likely change so she just needs to adapt.

I didn't confront my roommate because I can't tell him what he can and can't do if it doesn't touch me. You're dumb enough to think he was making a power move and trying to take control of the room.
>>
>>18260663
Sounds like you just need to apply to change dorms, which was very easy at my University
>>
>>18261957

>You're dumb enough to think he was making a power move and trying to take control of the room.

wtf are you talking about dude I was talking to OP not you. Just pointing out how much of a beta you are. You could have just asked him not to play videogames at 2am because you were trying to sleep like an adult. Instead you just thought "g...guess i'll j...just deal with it! I...its his right!". I've never had an issue with any of my roommates because I know how to confront people.

also you started out your first post with "sorry bitch...". lmao. All that college bullying filling you with a little resentment buddy?
>>
I like her instantly because she's vegan, lol.

Anyway, I actually do understand the feeling though. I didn't go to college, but during high school my lazy pill popping aunt would stay with us for weeks at a time whenever she'd get evicted from a place. Like she'd be just a big blob on the couch and it didn't help that our apartment was already small anyway.

Shit sucked.

Idk what advice to give you other than move out and into a studio apartment/back with your family if they live close enough. Don't dorms add thousands of more dollars to university costs? You could get a cheap studio + bathroom for 800 a month tops where I live, and I live in one of the most expensive fucking cities in the country.
>>
>>18260663
>math and CS major calling anyone elses major stupid
Wew lad
>>
1. Biology is hard everywhere because it requires you to memorise a ton of shit. Hence long studying sessions.
2. As some anon said before, fuck you, it's as much her room as it it yours and unless you're very good friends with her asking her to get out is just rude. I share a room with a friend that I know nine years and I still wouldn't ask him that.
>>
>>18261994
I know you were talking to OP. I was pointing out what an asinine point that was to make.

>>using beta unironically

I confronted him about it when it became an issue with him talking with his friends that late. He stopped chatting with them on the mic and him playing on the computer ceased to bother me after a while. It was a compromise. Your roommates complied with you because they assumed you were special needs and didn't want to upset you.
>>
>>18262021

>ceased to bother me after a while
so what was the point of bringing this up in the first place? clearly a different situations than OP who IS bothered by the shit her roommate is doing. the only point of your post was to insult some random anon who gave legitimate advice. then you back up with anecdotal evidence that doesn't even apply to the situation. your attitude reeks passive aggressive angst.

"sorry bitch" :^)
>>
>>18262079
Lol the advice was far from helpful. Anon's "sound" advice was to tell her to fuck off when she studies at 6 am. Which as I mentioned before, seems to be one time occurrence. Such a solution had a singular approach which seemed like it wouldn't solve the issue.

I wasn't drawing a perfect parallel between the two situations. My central message was to be mature and deal with the situation. So, it does apply to this situation. Getting a sleeping mask is not an unreasonable remedy.

Lastly, I was not being passive aggressive. I was being directly aggressive. I'm not sure how you confused my open insults for a passive act. You fail to understand the pith of my anecdote and are incapable of understanding my central message. The "sorry bitch" at the end wasn't bad but I would avoid words like "beta" or "angst" when you make future posts unless done facetiously.
>>
>>18262128

the aggressive part is your insult. the passive part is that you're actually an autist who is to afraid to confront people so you have to use 4chan as an outlet. stay mad my dude.
>>
>>18262167
Lol that wasn't what you originally meant when you used the phrase. Not mad at all my dude. Your arguments and points would have been better constructed if you took the time to understand my point and attack its core. It's fine, reading comprehension develops with time so I'm sure you'll get there.
>>
>>18260663
>She studies something stupid (biology)
>I study math and computer science
I've got news for you, kiddo.

>I want to kill myself
Please do, but not before your roommate rapes you.
>>
>>18262190
you should try less with the pseudo-intellectual patronizing bit, makes you look sound more like a beta. it's probably hard to stop yourself though given how upset you are atm.
>>
>>18262243
Lol you were just as patronizing in your response. Claiming I'm upset or flustered doesn't do anything for you original claim which I shot down. I'm trying to help, when you say "beta" it makes you look like a highschooler who thinks he's super "alpha"
>>
>>18262264

my original claim still stands. your mental gymnastics of "h..ha! that's not what i was trying to say even though I said it! I meant something completely different!" is impossible to argue with. you just can't see it yet because of how ungodly mad you are.
>>
>>18262322
C'mon, we both know you misconstrued my original point and you began backpedaling. Your reading comprehension is poor so you just made a mistake, it happens.
>>
Yeah I'm seconding >>18260671. You're a self centered whore.
>>
>>18261995
where the fuck do you live where studio apartments only go for 800/mo????
wtf
>>
>>18260663
>living on campus
You brought this on yourself. Get an apartment off campus with people closer in mentality to yourself, or join a sorority.
>>
>>18262559
Midwest has studios for 500 lul
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.