[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age difference and approaching first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sketch_by_wojtekfus-dapjzee.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sketch_by_wojtekfus-dapjzee.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
There's a guy at my workplace that I unexpectedly started to like. At first, he was a bit standofish, but after talking about all sorts of shit during our breaks he warmed up to me and we started coming in together at work and waiting for each other to go home when our work was done. I never really felt so comfortable just hanging out with a guy like this before and I soon realized that I want to be more than just coworkers or friends with each other. No need to warn me about not shitting where I eat, I'm only there for another month and then I'm quitting, but even if I wasn't there's no rules against fraternization where we work.

This is where the subject of the thread comes up. I'm 21 and he's 29 years old. I've had a few relationships and a few casual things in the past, and all of those were initiated by the guys who were interested in me. Yeah, I know, typical girl behavior. But now I find myself wanting to give a shot to going out with him and I want to come up to him first, but I'm worried that he might reject me because of our age difference. Now granted, the only comment he had on my age in the past was that he thought I was a bit older due to the job and general behavior, which I took as a compliment, since most girls my age are either in university or just doing with their lives.

Personally, I give no shits about his age. In fact, that'd be a huge plus for me if it turns out I want a long-term relationship with him, but I realize that's just thinking too far ahead of myself so I try to avoid doing that. The problem is I have no idea with what to rebut if he brings up my age, me being so young. I'm open to any suggestions about this.

Bottom line: wondering how to convince him to give us a shot if he brings up the age difference between us.
>>
Lmfao
Guys like younger girls so I think you're fine. Seriously, it is in our DNA to want younger women. Ask him to get drinks or to go do something with you. If you invite him out he should get the message.

Also, how much do you weigh and how tall are you?
>>
>>18260526

>Guys like younger girls so I think you're fine.

Didn't bring this up in the OP because I was running out of space, but he never dated anyone that much younger than him. He's usually dated either someone his age, or a year or two younger/older than him. Asked around at our workplace to people who've known him longer than me.

>Also, how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

I don't really see what that has to do with anything, but 58kg and 175cm.
>>
>>18260536
You should be fine. Just make the first move and act accordingly after that.

Was wondering because I pictured you being fat for some reason
>>
You'll probably be fine.

Note, though, I'm around his age and I get skeptical of the 21 year old girls who act like their 21.

I had a girl your age ask me if I wanted to go wander around the 24 hour Wal-Mart with her in the middle of the night.
>>
>>18260544

But let's say he does bring up my age. How would you suggest I counter his concerns?

>>18260560

>I had a girl your age ask me if I wanted to go wander around the 24 hour Wal-Mart with her in the middle of the night.

Uhhh, that's something alright. Not really what girls my age, or me, would really do. That girl sounds juvenile.
>>
>>18260564
Listen all this is just you being a pussy about asking him out. At the end of the day you either ask him out or you don't. It doesn't matter if he brings up your age, really.

"Hey want to get drinks sometime"
"Uh, I don't usually go out with girls that much younger than me"
"Well, they don't let kids into bars alone so I need an adult to come with me"

not the best example but use humor if he brings it up. Just go for it.
>>
>>18260569

Yeah, I admit I'm kind of a chickenshit when it comes to this. Like I said, I never did the asking out before, so it's completely new to me. How the fuck do guys even do it for the first few times? This shit is terrifying, because my mind is just coming up with the worst scenario possibles.
>>
>>18260571
Honestly it sucks the first time lol. I got rejected multiple times but its just something you learn to deal with as a dood. Asking and getting rejected is nowhere nearly as painful as never asking and always feeling the regret that you should have. Of all the times I've been turned down I wouldn't trade them for never having asked. Not really encouraging lol but you more you overthink this the worse you will build it up. Do it before you have the time to doubt yourself.
>>
>>18260574

Yeah, I'm gonna ask him today, it's my day off, but he's getting out of work in about two hours, so I got some time to both prepare myself and dread whatever he might say. Thank fuck our workplace is at least near.
>>
Yo. Going to say shit that may run contrary to what these dudes are saying

But unlike the rest of these guys (who--no offence to yall--are probably desperate as fuck and/or young as fuck) as a 28 year old dude who has avoided dating girls younger than 23 since he was 25, and has girls significantly younger interested in him, I probably might know where he might be coming from.

Dating significantly under your age rarely works out because of massive world view differences.

Every single time I've seen one of my 25+ friends try to date a girl 21 and under, it never ends well.

It's always something where it's too needy, or a few months/year in they get older and realize they're not ready for anything serious and want to explore, or some other random immaturity pops up.

Hell, once when I was 25, I tried going on a date with a 19 year old, because why not, maybe she'd prove me wrong.

Nope.

Exactly what I expected. A young girl trying to pretend she's mature, and talk herself up.

That being said.

I'm not saying that this shit is impossible. I've not been burned by it. I don't have some bias against it. It's just that what I conceptually believe to be common sense (that a difference in world views makes a large gap--specifically between those who are pre-college/bar/real work age and those are post--makes getting along in a relationship hard) has been reflected by what I've seen in reality.

That's why I think if you want this to work, just come honest.

Say you know there's an age gap. You know there's a lot more you have to learn in your life. And you yourself know it's kind of out there. But for now, all you really know is it's cool hanging out with him and you want to see where things go.

Don't pretend you're more mature, don't try to minimize things, just say yup, that's how it is, I admit it, but why not give it a shot anyway?

At least for me, that's a level of mental maturity and self-awareness to the situation that would probably open me up to the idea.
>>
>>18260506
man, you really really don't understand men if you think this is going to be a problem.
>>
Well, we met up after he got off work and I asked him out on a date. He was a bit apprehensive, but after I basically said "Look, you got nothing to lose, and it doesn't have to be anything serious, we could just have some fun" he agreed. We actually went out on a date and I've just come home. It went great! Cheers for your help, folks!

>>18260611

Thanks, I took your advice and it helped.

>>18260643

Nah, I get that some people here think it's better to date someone younger for whatever reason when you're a guy, but IRL that's not really the case. Not unless you specifically got a thing for younger girls, and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>18261424
Congrats OP, I'm glad everything worked out for you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.