[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does my degree dictate my career path?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FINAL BOSS CRAT.jpg (48KB, 604x431px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL BOSS CRAT.jpg
48KB, 604x431px
Question: How much do you think my degree will dictate my career? I am an industrial engineering major (facilities planning and the optimization side of production like produce how many of x etc...) Do you think it is logical/possible to work my way into a different engineering field? I graduate in the fall and am not switching majors period. Financially it is not an option. I honestly really like the mechanical side of it. Designing new parts, making sure they're up to code, that kind of stuff. We did have to take a couple of classes on that but not as intense as an engineering tech major or something like that.
>>
>>18259866
>engineering
Not at all. Having degree in this field means you have patience, math and logical skills and some knowledge about machines.

It is mostly just a ticket to open doors to companies you wouldnt be able to get in otherwise. The rest is up to you.

Apply to as many jobs as you can. Try to get intership in some company even when in school.
>>
Engineering don't mean shit. I'm an electrical engineer and I do mechanical, structural engineering along with program management at my job.

It's literally nothing but a ticket to get a good paying job and says that you're not a retard that's patient and has logical skills.
>>
>>18260326
>>18260256
Thank christ...I already caught on how much bull shit college was. Y'all just reinforced my feelings toward this shit. Sucks to know that I could have been taking classes that I would have enjoyed way more but fuck it I am almost done with this garbage and honestly I just wanna get to work.

Frame of reference: Engineering tech at my college teaches you classes about foundry, welding and CAD.

Industrial engineering fucking teaches me bull shit about stat, facility layouts, quality control and linear programming. Its good to be able to talk business with people but I have hated the classes I had taken for the last 2 years.
>>
>>18260417
Just go for mechanical or electrical engineering. This will give you maximum flexibility.
>>
>>18260441
1. Uni doesn't offer it.
2. Senior year and on my way out. Already finished with my senior project.

I was asking the question in the OP to see how viable it was to work somewhere not exactly what my degree entailed because I am locked in at the moment. It looks like that will be the case though from these first 2 posts.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.